32-bit buildbots

12

32-bit buildbots

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

Infra does not provide 32-bit slaves anymore, so we will not have new
builds for Linux32 here:

https://www.openoffice.org/download/devbuilds.html

I will update the page but leave the links to the most recent builds for
a while.

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Gavin McDonald-3
Thanks Matthias, you beat me to it!

If openoffice were to have someone with a 32 bit VM running a
buildbot-worker, we would of course connect it
to our master, and your builds would continue to be provided.

Have you any idea how many 32 bit openoffice users are left?

Gav...

Gav...

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Matthias Seidel
Hi Gavin,

Am 25.06.19 um 15:42 schrieb Gavin McDonald:
> Thanks Matthias, you beat me to it!
>
> If openoffice were to have someone with a 32 bit VM running a
> buildbot-worker, we would of course connect it
> to our master, and your builds would continue to be provided.

Maybe Jim could set one up?

But I am not sure if we really need a buildbot for 32-bit or better
provide test builds from time to time...

> Have you any idea how many 32 bit openoffice users are left?

Not really, but we plan to provide 32-bit builds at least for the next
minor release (4.2.x)

Regards,

   Matthias

P.S.: What is bb_slave8_ubuntu running? 18.04?

> Gav...
>

> On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 3:31 PM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Infra does not provide 32-bit slaves anymore, so we will not have new
>> builds for Linux32 here:
>>
>> https://www.openoffice.org/download/devbuilds.html
>>
>> I will update the page but leave the links to the most recent builds for
>> a while.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Gavin McDonald-3
On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 4:00 PM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Gavin,
>
> P.S.: What is bb_slave8_ubuntu running? 18.04?

Is is yep!

Gav...

Gav...

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello

> Hi Gavin,
>
> Am 25.06.19 um 15:42 schrieb Gavin McDonald:
>> Thanks Matthias, you beat me to it!
>>
>> If openoffice were to have someone with a 32 bit VM running a
>> buildbot-worker, we would of course connect it
>> to our master, and your builds would continue to be provided.

we should provide 32 bit builds for Linux. I know several people using
EEEPC and such older Laptops which are 32 bit.

Kind regards

Mechtilde

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Matthias Seidel
Hi Mechtilde,

Am 25.06.19 um 19:06 schrieb Mechtilde:

> Hello

>> Hi Gavin,
>>
>> Am 25.06.19 um 15:42 schrieb Gavin McDonald:
>>> Thanks Matthias, you beat me to it!
>>>
>>> If openoffice were to have someone with a 32 bit VM running a
>>> buildbot-worker, we would of course connect it
>>> to our master, and your builds would continue to be provided.
> we should provide 32 bit builds for Linux. I know several people using
> EEEPC and such older Laptops which are 32 bit.
And those people don't use official releases but builds from buildbots?

For 32-bit builds in general, see my comment below...

Regards,

   Matthias

> Kind regards
>
> Mechtilde
>> Maybe Jim could set one up?
>>
>> But I am not sure if we really need a buildbot for 32-bit or better
>> provide test builds from time to time...
>>
>>> Have you any idea how many 32 bit openoffice users are left?
>> Not really, but we plan to provide 32-bit builds at least for the next
>> minor release (4.2.x)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>

>> P.S.: What is bb_slave8_ubuntu running? 18.04?
>>
>>> Gav...

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello Matthias,

IMO as long as we provide 32bit Linux build we also run it a a buildbot.

So we can see whether the build breaks and so on.

Regards

Mechtilde

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Matthias Seidel
Hi Mechtilde,

Am 26.06.19 um 06:03 schrieb Mechtilde:
> Hello Matthias,
>
> IMO as long as we provide 32bit Linux build we also run it a a buildbot.
As Gavin said, if we provide a VM (CentOS?) with buildbot-worker running
he can connect it.

> So we can see whether the build breaks and so on.

D'accord! But that needs volunteers.

Someone?! ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards
>
> Mechtilde

>> Hi Mechtilde,
>>
>> Am 25.06.19 um 19:06 schrieb Mechtilde:

>>> we should provide 32 bit builds for Linux. I know several people using
>>> EEEPC and such older Laptops which are 32 bit.
>> And those people don't use official releases but builds from buildbots?
>>
>> For 32-bit builds in general, see my comment below...
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> Mechtilde

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Peter Kovacs-4
Do we have a capable VM? I think our vms are all 64 bit. So we would need to recycle one VM to be capable on doing this.

I tried to check if the azure pipeline service can fill the gap. It is a build service like Jenkins I think.
However my internet connection is to slow at the moment ( I am on vacation, and I thought the mogile 4g link would be quicker :() for their web side.

BTW. Azure offers a pipeline for macs.
I started to experiment if we could use the service for building Mac versions.

The service is free for open source projects.
So yea volunteers are always welcome. :D

Am 26. Juni 2019 17:26:23 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:

>Hi Mechtilde,
>
>Am 26.06.19 um 06:03 schrieb Mechtilde:
>> Hello Matthias,
>>
>> IMO as long as we provide 32bit Linux build we also run it a a
>buildbot.
>As Gavin said, if we provide a VM (CentOS?) with buildbot-worker
>running
>he can connect it.
>>
>> So we can see whether the build breaks and so on.
>
>D'accord! But that needs volunteers.
>
>Someone?! ;-)
>
>Regards,
>
>   Matthias
>

>> Regards
>>
>> Mechtilde

>>> Hi Mechtilde,

>using
>>> And those people don't use official releases but builds from
>buildbots?
>>>
>>> For 32-bit builds in general, see my comment below...
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias

>better

>next

><[hidden email]>

>have new

>builds for

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Josef Latt-3

what's about the 64 bit builds?
They are outdated > 1 month.

Regards
Josef

> Hi all,
>
> Infra does not provide 32-bit slaves anymore, so we will not have new
> builds for Linux32 here:
>
> https://www.openoffice.org/download/devbuilds.html
>
> I will update the page but leave the links to the most recent builds for
> a while.
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Matthias Seidel
Am 27.06.19 um 12:16 schrieb Josef Latt:
> Hi,
>
> what's about the 64 bit builds?
> They are outdated > 1 month.

Oh, at least someone recognized it. ;-)

Buildslaves are being moved and updated by Infra. This is a work in
progress...

But I would be happy if people would *really* test those builds when
available.
Apparently that didn't happen over the last years...

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards
> Josef

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Infra does not provide 32-bit slaves anymore, so we will not have new
>> builds for Linux32 here:
>>
>> https://www.openoffice.org/download/devbuilds.html
>>
>> I will update the page but leave the links to the most recent builds for
>> a while.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

Am 27.06.19 um 12:16 schrieb Josef Latt:
> Hi,
>
> what's about the 64 bit builds?
> They are outdated > 1 month.

Josef has a point here.

We should concentrate on getting the existing buildbots up before we
dream about new VMs and macOS...

Volunteers? ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards
> Josef

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Infra does not provide 32-bit slaves anymore, so we will not have new
>> builds for Linux32 here:
>>
>> https://www.openoffice.org/download/devbuilds.html
>>
>> I will update the page but leave the links to the most recent builds for
>> a while.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Peter Kovacs-3
+1, since I am in full support of the build bots, I would like to
support this, too.

I do not have any rights I think. Will check as soon as I can confirm
that my connection works now on the Laptop.

The more maintainers are available the better the situation is.

On 29.06.19 10:39, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Am 27.06.19 um 12:16 schrieb Josef Latt:
>> Hi,
>>
>> what's about the 64 bit builds?
>> They are outdated > 1 month.
> Josef has a point here.
>
> We should concentrate on getting the existing buildbots up before we
> dream about new VMs and macOS...
>
> Volunteers? ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
>> Regards
>> Josef

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Infra does not provide 32-bit slaves anymore, so we will not have new
>>> builds for Linux32 here:
>>>
>>> https://www.openoffice.org/download/devbuilds.html
>>>
>>> I will update the page but leave the links to the most recent builds for
>>> a while.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Matthias Seidel
Hi Peter,

This is the corresponding ticket:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17822?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16852361#comment-16852361

I think the main problem now is that bb-slave8 runs a newer version of
buildbot and doesn't support Python 2.7 anymore:

https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux64-nightly/builds/571/steps/delete%20old%20build/logs/err.text

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 29.06.19 um 10:58 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

> +1, since I am in full support of the build bots, I would like to
> support this, too.
>
> I do not have any rights I think. Will check as soon as I can confirm
> that my connection works now on the Laptop.
>
> The more maintainers are available the better the situation is.
>
> On 29.06.19 10:39, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Am 27.06.19 um 12:16 schrieb Josef Latt:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> what's about the 64 bit builds?
>>> They are outdated > 1 month.
>> Josef has a point here.
>>
>> We should concentrate on getting the existing buildbots up before we
>> dream about new VMs and macOS...
>>
>> Volunteers? ;-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>>> Regards
>>> Josef

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Peter Kovacs-3
If it is a standard 18.04 Ubuntu

|/usr/bin/python still points to 2.7 if version 3 should be use it needs
to run |
|/usr/bin/python3 So I think thats not the problem. I updated the ticket
with the issue we experience and asked for an update. Lets see what
happens. |||

On 29.06.19 11:06, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> This is the corresponding ticket:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17822?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16852361#comment-16852361
>
> I think the main problem now is that bb-slave8 runs a newer version of
> buildbot and doesn't support Python 2.7 anymore:
>
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux64-nightly/builds/571/steps/delete%20old%20build/logs/err.text
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
> Am 29.06.19 um 10:58 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> +1, since I am in full support of the build bots, I would like to
>> support this, too.
>>
>> I do not have any rights I think. Will check as soon as I can confirm
>> that my connection works now on the Laptop.
>>
>> The more maintainers are available the better the situation is.
>>
>> On 29.06.19 10:39, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>>> Hi all,

>>> Josef has a point here.
>>>
>>> We should concentrate on getting the existing buildbots up before we
>>> dream about new VMs and macOS...
>>>
>>> Volunteers? ;-)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Matthias Seidel
Am 29.06.19 um 13:11 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> If it is a standard 18.04 Ubuntu
I think it is...

> |/usr/bin/python still points to 2.7 if version 3 should be use it needs
> to run |
> |/usr/bin/python3 So I think thats not the problem. I updated the ticket
> with the issue we experience and asked for an update. Lets see what
> happens. |||

See also: https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/issues/4439

Regards,

   Matthias

> On 29.06.19 11:06, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> This is the corresponding ticket:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17822?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16852361#comment-16852361
>>
>> I think the main problem now is that bb-slave8 runs a newer version of
>> buildbot and doesn't support Python 2.7 anymore:
>>
>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux64-nightly/builds/571/steps/delete%20old%20build/logs/err.text
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>> Am 29.06.19 um 10:58 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>>> +1, since I am in full support of the build bots, I would like to
>>> support this, too.
>>>
>>> I do not have any rights I think. Will check as soon as I can confirm
>>> that my connection works now on the Laptop.
>>>
>>> The more maintainers are available the better the situation is.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Peter Kovacs-3
Hmm, okay. I understood that build bot expects python 2.7 but got python 3.
I think you mean build bot needs python 3 but runs with python 2.7, right?

Okay still I think infra needs to sort this.
We could give them pointers. Shall I write another Comment? Or do you want to?

:)

Am 29. Juni 2019 13:17:10 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:

>Am 29.06.19 um 13:11 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> If it is a standard 18.04 Ubuntu
>I think it is...
>>
>> |/usr/bin/python still points to 2.7 if version 3 should be use it
>needs
>> to run |
>> |/usr/bin/python3 So I think thats not the problem. I updated the
>ticket
>> with the issue we experience and asked for an update. Lets see what
>> happens. |||
>
>See also: https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/issues/4439
>
>Regards,
>
>   Matthias
>

>> On 29.06.19 11:06, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>>> Hi Peter,
>>>
>>> This is the corresponding ticket:
>>>

>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17822?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16852361#comment-16852361
>>>
>>> I think the main problem now is that bb-slave8 runs a newer version
>of
>>> buildbot and doesn't support Python 2.7 anymore:
>>>

>https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux64-nightly/builds/571/steps/delete%20old%20build/logs/err.text
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias

>confirm

>we

>have new

>builds for

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Matthias Seidel
Hi Peter,

Am 29.06.19 um 15:55 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> Hmm, okay. I understood that build bot expects python 2.7 but got python 3.
> I think you mean build bot needs python 3 but runs with python 2.7, right?
At least for the buildbot-master...

> Okay still I think infra needs to sort this.
> We could give them pointers. Shall I write another Comment? Or do you want to?

They should be aware of it because every buildbot on that machine has a
similar error:

https://ci.apache.org/buildslaves/bb_slave8_ubuntu

Regards,

   Matthias

> :)
>
> Am 29. Juni 2019 13:17:10 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:
>> Am 29.06.19 um 13:11 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>>> If it is a standard 18.04 Ubuntu
>> I think it is...
>> needs
>>> to run |
>> ticket
>>> with the issue we experience and asked for an update. Lets see what
>>> happens. |||
>> See also: https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/issues/4439
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17822?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16852361#comment-16852361
>> of
>>>>

>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux64-nightly/builds/571/steps/delete%20old%20build/logs/err.text

>> confirm

>> we

>> have new

>> builds for

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Jim Jagielski
I can, and will, provide 32bit Linux builds on CentOS5, CentOS7 and Ubuntu 14.04

> On Jun 25, 2019, at 9:31 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Infra does not provide 32-bit slaves anymore, so we will not have new
> builds for Linux32 here:
>
> https://www.openoffice.org/download/devbuilds.html
>
> I will update the page but leave the links to the most recent builds for
> a while.
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias

Re: 32-bit buildbots

Matthias Seidel
Hi Jim,

Am 01.07.19 um 17:47 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> I can, and will, provide 32bit Linux builds on CentOS5, CentOS7 and Ubuntu 14.04

That's great!

But you are not a bot... ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias