4.2 Open Cash Support

Johnny Rosenberg
I just read at https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_4_2_to
about the new Open Cash support in the upcoming 4.2 release.

I don't know if this is going to happen, but if it does, just make sure to
get the currencies right.
1 LBS≈0.4536 kg, so obviously LBS is not a currency.
1 GBP≈1.32200 USD (today, 2016-07-28), so there you go!

So, British pounds=GBP, not LBS.

Just want to make sure that the new feature doesn't end up in a total
embarrassment… :P

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

Re: 4.2 Open Cash Support

Andrea Pescetti-2
Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> I just read at https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_4_2_to
> about the new Open Cash support in the upcoming 4.2 release.
>
> I don't know if this is going to happen

That post is an Aprils' Fool post from a couple years ago. Nothing in it
should be taken seriously and there are a few errors in the text that
were probably supposed to make it funnier...

Anyway thanks for the hint! With a real 4.2.0 release approaching, we'll
surely want to be sure that humorous content is appropriately flagged as
such. I've added a note to the post to explain this.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: 4.2 Open Cash Support

Johnny Rosenberg

> Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>
>> I just read at
>> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_4_2_to
>> about the new Open Cash support in the upcoming 4.2 release.
>>
>> I don't know if this is going to happen
>>

> That post is an Aprils' Fool post from a couple years ago. Nothing in it
> should be taken seriously and there are a few errors in the text that were
> probably supposed to make it funnier...
>
> Anyway thanks for the hint! With a real 4.2.0 release approaching, we'll
> surely want to be sure that humorous content is appropriately flagged as
> such. I've added a note to the post to explain this.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

He he he, I only read the LBS thing… That was the first thing I saw… and
the only thing, obviously… :P
If it was me, I would have removed it in the early morning of April 2, but
for some reason it's still up today, years later, so maybe I should have
wrote about that instead…! :D

Time flies, I couldn't imagine it was a couple of years ago I installed
4.1, it feels like pretty recently, but time goes faster for older people
like me, I guess. ;)

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

Re: 4.2 Open Cash Support