4.2 release testing

Marty Pomeroy

Hi. I’m a mostly retired former software engineer currently running on an iMac with Big Sur 11.1.  I had some docx files crash my OpenOffice 4.1.8 just last week.  I had to take them to my Windows laptop where they opened fine, saved them as .odt, and then I could bring them back to my mac.

I saw your request for testers and would be happy to help test 4.2.0. Let me know how I can help.

Marty

Re: 4.2 release testing

Peter Kovacs-3
Hello Marty,

First thank you for taking Interest in OpenOffice. We need indeed help.

After we have shipped the 4.1.9 Release which will fix the OOXML (all
Microsoft Formats leaded to a crash), we plan to build a developer of
4.2.0 build for people to test. The goal is to ship 4.2.0 as soon as the
code is stabilized and does not contain "new" Issues.

We want that the Users do experience less issues and if possible avoid
that they experience new one.

However if you are a software engineer, you might have programming
skills that could help not only to test, but maybe to fix some issues.
It is all community volunteer work, that is done pro bono for the public
good.

Also documentation is a thing. But we are totally happy if you just want
to test the 4.2.0 Version.

you will probably need a Bugzilla account for reporting issues or read
on issues. We need you to request this, by giving your preferred login
handle and email to be used.

All the best

Peter

On 31.01.21 05:02, Marty Pomeroy wrote:

> Hi. I’m a mostly retired former software engineer currently running on an iMac with Big Sur 11.1.  I had some docx files crash my OpenOffice 4.1.8 just last week.  I had to take them to my Windows laptop where they opened fine, saved them as .odt, and then I could bring them back to my mac.
>
> I saw your request for testers and would be happy to help test 4.2.0. Let me know how I can help.
>
> Marty

Re: 4.2 release testing

Peter Kovacs-3
sry, I forgot to cc you on the mailing list.