64 Bit Version for MAC

STEPHEN SWIFT
Good Morning.

I just received a message stating that I need to upgrade Open Office to a 64 bit version for it to keep working on my machine.

I currently have version 3.4.0 installed. Could you please advise how I can update to whatever 64 Bit version is required.

Many Thanks

Re: 64 Bit Version for MAC

David Robley
On 04/20/2018 06:32 PM, STEPHEN SWIFT wrote:

> Good Morning.
>
> I just received a message stating that I need to upgrade Open Office
> to a 64 bit version for it to keep working on my machine.
>
> I currently have version 3.4.0 installed. Could you please advise how
> I can update to whatever 64 Bit version is required.
>
> Many Thanks

Where did the "message" come from?

Go to http://www.openoffice.org/download/ and follow the prompts to get
the apprpriate version - you will be transferred to Sourceforge for the
actual download; do not click on other links on the Sourceforge page.

See http://www.openoffice.org/porting/mac/faq/installing/ooo.html for
instructions on Installing AOO on Mac OSX.

You might find
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=89283 -
[Tutorial] Mac FAQ - a useful resource.

Cheers
--
David Robley

You can never get rid of a bad temper by losing it.

Re: 64 Bit Version for MAC

Larry Gusaas-4
On 2018-04-20, 3:02 AM STEPHEN SWIFT wrote concerning "64 Bit Version for MAC"

> Good Morning.
>
> I just received a message stating that I need to upgrade Open Office to a 64 bit version for
> it to keep working on my machine.
>
> I currently have version 3.4.0 installed. Could you please advise how I can update to
> whatever 64 Bit version is required.
>
> Many Thanks

Go to  http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html  and get Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 . It is a
64 bit program.
Future releases of macOS will not support 32 bit programs.

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: 64 Bit Version for MAC

STEPHEN SWIFT
Hi David

Thanks for the info. All updated now. The original message was sent from Apple.

Thanks again

Regards