A brief comment on a specific thesaurus entry

A brief comment on a specific thesaurus entry

Nikki Oh
First of all, I don't want to sign up for any kind of mailing list just so
that I can contact someone to say, "I found a word in the Open Office
Writer Thesaurus that is not a word".

That said, "transgendered" is not a word. Many people who identify as
transgender would be offended by being called "transgendered" as it implies
that being transgender is something that they have done as opposed to an
inherent identity. Therefore, I believe that the entry in the Open Office
Writer thesaurus for "transgendered" should be changed to "transgender"

Re: A brief comment on a specific thesaurus entry

Martin Groenescheij
Transgendered is not part of the dictionary that comes with Apache
OpenOffice.
If it is in the Thesaurus it's probably that you or someone else has
added it to the dictionary.