A few questions about Apache OpenOffice

Alexandru Parvulet | eMAG, Corporate Sales

Hello there,

Nice work with the Office suite that you developed!

https://www.openoffice.org/download/

Really useful and it came in a right time (just installed it fast on 15 computers) 😊

I have a few questions, hope you can help (as a challenge for you, I guess)

Let’s have the following real life scenario:

We have to buy about 5000-7000 pcs x notebooks (config: Intel Core i5 10Th Gen, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro OEM) and we need to have the possibility to install your “OpenOffice” suite on all of these in about the same time, or in 2-3 days time difference. Is there a tool to do so ?

The final client wants the Office suite preinstalled and it will take…forever…. To just manually install it on every device.

I think this will be of a huge overall image benefit for Apache / OpenOffice.

Please let me know if you need more details. I’m here to help!

With respect,

Alexandru Pârvuleţ

Corporate Presales Manager

+40 744 362 434

[hidden email]

DANTE INTERNATIONAL SA

TEL/FAX: +40 21 200 52 00/25
SWAN OFFICE PARK, WINDSOR BUILDING

SOS. BUCUREŞTI NORD NR. 15-23

Re: A few questions about Apache OpenOffice

Amin Jacek Pędziwiater
Hello,
I think that you need to contact with Apache Software Foundation and
SourceForge or Slashdot Media with this questions on the problem you ask
here.
These related entities have more competency to solve or answer for your
questions than the local User community.
Regards.

>Nice work with the Office suite that you developed!
>

>https://www.openoffice.org/download/
>

>Really useful and it came in a right time (just installed it fast on 15
>computers) 😊
>

>I have a few questions, hope you can help (as a challenge for you, I
>guess)
>

>Let’s have the following real life scenario:
>
>We have to buy about 5000-7000 pcs x notebooks (config: Intel Core i5
>10Th Gen, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro OEM) and we need to have
>the possibility to install your “OpenOffice” suite on all of these in
>about the same time, or in 2-3 days time difference. Is there a tool to
>do so ?
>

>The final client wants the Office suite preinstalled and it will
>take…forever…. To just manually install it on every device.
>

>I think this will be of a huge overall image benefit for Apache /
>OpenOffice.
>

>Please let me know if you need more details. I’m here to help!
>

>With respect,
>

>Alexandru Pârvuleţ
>
>Corporate Presales Manager
>
>+40 744 362 434
>
>[hidden email]
>

><https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.emag.ro%2Fguide%2Fcorporate&data=02%7C01%7Calexandru.parvulet%40emag.ro%7Ccf47d0adc9064d9e45d508d81e67b782%7Cf7d794a605d04b7388a518dce1d0e695%7C0%7C0%7C637292778097040713&sdata=DioNgzF94NOGuG7cVSJ6xZXD2cX7y12AoOv7oVqQrkU%3D&reserved=0>
>

>DANTE INTERNATIONAL SA
>
>TEL/FAX: +40 21 200 52 00/25
>SWAN OFFICE PARK, WINDSOR BUILDING
>
>SOS. BUCUREŞTI NORD NR. 15-23

Re[2]: A few questions about Apache OpenOffice

Amin Jacek Pędziwiater
By the way, Alexandru, your problem is it is of logistic and IT nature,
therefore you should first of all contact the manufacturer of the main
system software for these thousands of machines.

>I think that you need to contact with Apache Software Foundation and SourceForge or Slashdot Media with this questions on the problem you ask here.
>These related entities have more competency to solve or answer for your questions than the local User community.
>Regards.

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 12:07:53 +0000
"Alexandru Parvulet | eMAG, Corporate Sales" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello there,
>

> Nice work with the Office suite that you developed!
>
> [cid:image005.jpg@01D691BB.4F829C80]
>
> https://www.openoffice.org/download/
>
> Really useful and it came in a right time (just installed it fast on 15 computers) 😊
>

> I have a few questions, hope you can help (as a challenge for you, I guess)
>

> Let’s have the following real life scenario:
> We have to buy about 5000-7000 pcs x notebooks (config: Intel Core i5 10Th Gen, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro OEM) and we need to have the possibility to install your “OpenOffice” suite on all of these in about the same time, or in 2-3 days time difference. Is there a tool to do so ?
>
> The final client wants the Office suite preinstalled and it will take…forever…. To just manually install it on every device.
>

> I think this will be of a huge overall image benefit for Apache / OpenOffice.
>
> Please let me know if you need more details. I’m here to help!
>

> With respect,
>
> Alexandru Pârvuleţ
> Corporate Presales Manager
> +40 744 362 434
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> [cid:image006.png@01D691BB.4F829C80]<https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.emag.ro%2Fguide%2Fcorporate&data=02%7C01%7Calexandru.parvulet%40emag.ro%7Ccf47d0adc9064d9e45d508d81e67b782%7Cf7d794a605d04b7388a518dce1d0e695%7C0%7C0%7C637292778097040713&sdata=DioNgzF94NOGuG7cVSJ6xZXD2cX7y12AoOv7oVqQrkU%3D&reserved=0>
>
> DANTE INTERNATIONAL SA
> TEL/FAX: +40 21 200 52 00/25
> SWAN OFFICE PARK, WINDSOR BUILDING
> SOS. BUCUREŞTI NORD NR. 15-23

This posting gave a link to a remote installation method

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=917&p=5036

which may work for you, when adjusted for your situation.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Re[2]: A few questions about Apache OpenOffice

David Belina-2
As it seems you are choosing Windows 10 for this, try Windows Deployment Services (the internet has dozens of sites that explain it).  (The client should probably have a Windows Server machine anyway, to manage the deployment.