A openoffice 'dependency' map

Peter Kovacs-3
Hello all,

I have made it to my first milestone in creating documentation. I have created a draw document that shows all modules. Pointers point towards providers and dependencies, from the configuration standpoint of the build system.
It is not really accurate, but it gives an idea on the topic.

Where do you think is the right home for this document? It is maybe to thing that will prevail since the manual effort of maintenance is quite high.

All the best
Peter

Re: A openoffice 'dependency' map

Marcus (OOo)
Am 30.09.19 um 21:51 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> I have made it to my first milestone in creating documentation. I have created a draw document that shows all modules. Pointers point towards providers and dependencies, from the configuration standpoint of the build system.
> It is not really accurate, but it gives an idea on the topic.
>
> Where do you think is the right home for this document? It is maybe to thing that will prevail since the manual effort of maintenance is quite high.

I would say, make a JPG or PNG of it, put it in Confluence with some
text and attach the original Draw doc to that page. Maybe here [1]?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/UML-Diagramme

Marcus

Re: A openoffice 'dependency' map

Kay Schenk-2
Peter, that is fantastic! There's a wiki area about OpenOffice architecture
at that might also be a good place.

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Architecture

_______________________
Sent from MzK's phone.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019, 16:29 Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 30.09.19 um 21:51 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> > I have made it to my first milestone in creating documentation. I have
> created a draw document that shows all modules. Pointers point towards
> providers and dependencies, from the configuration standpoint of the build
> system.
> > It is not really accurate, but it gives an idea on the topic.
> >
> > Where do you think is the right home for this document? It is maybe to
> thing that will prevail since the manual effort of maintenance is quite
> high.
>
> I would say, make a JPG or PNG of it, put it in Confluence with some
> text and attach the original Draw doc to that page. Maybe here [1]?
>
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/UML-Diagramme
>
> Marcus

Re: A openoffice 'dependency' map

Peter Kovacs-3
Sadly a picture as such is currently of no use. The picture has 1200 objects. Most of them pointers from one Modul to another. And there are still errors or modules are duplicated. Draw has some flaws for this use case. But I already learned what we need to improve in Draw.
The map is still work in progress. But I would like to share it in this early stage.

Confluence has the advantage that it versions the document. That would make it easier to maintain. Does mwiki also version the code?

Hmm maybe we could move the contents of other picture already on Confluence in this document so you would obtain a document that contains all pictures. From the good ones we can the create pictures as links.

Am 1. Oktober 2019 01:19:03 MESZ schrieb Marcus <[hidden email]>:

>Am 30.09.19 um 21:51 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> I have made it to my first milestone in creating documentation. I
>have created a draw document that shows all modules. Pointers point
>towards providers and dependencies, from the configuration standpoint
>of the build system.
>> It is not really accurate, but it gives an idea on the topic.
>>
>> Where do you think is the right home for this document? It is maybe
>to thing that will prevail since the manual effort of maintenance is
>quite high.
>
>I would say, make a JPG or PNG of it, put it in Confluence with some
>text and attach the original Draw doc to that page. Maybe here [1]?
>
>[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/UML-Diagramme
>
>Marcus

Re: A openoffice 'dependency' map

Kay Schenk-2
Mwiki does have "versioning" of a sort. You can look at previous
versions of pages and do rollbacks.

I'm looking at the following --

https://wiki.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Architecture&diff=245544&oldid=245542

in which you can see how revisions are managed.

Good that you are trying to deal with this in any way though.

"And in the end, only kindness matters."
    -- Jewel, "Hands"
______
  MzK

On 9/30/19 11:13 PM, Peter Kovacs wrote:

> Sadly a picture as such is currently of no use. The picture has 1200 objects. Most of them pointers from one Modul to another. And there are still errors or modules are duplicated. Draw has some flaws for this use case. But I already learned what we need to improve in Draw.
> The map is still work in progress. But I would like to share it in this early stage.
>
> Confluence has the advantage that it versions the document. That would make it easier to maintain. Does mwiki also version the code?
>
> Hmm maybe we could move the contents of other picture already on Confluence in this document so you would obtain a document that contains all pictures. From the good ones we can the create pictures as links.
>

> Am 1. Oktober 2019 01:19:03 MESZ schrieb Marcus <[hidden email]>:
>> Am 30.09.19 um 21:51 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>>> I have made it to my first milestone in creating documentation. I
>> have created a draw document that shows all modules. Pointers point
>> towards providers and dependencies, from the configuration standpoint
>> of the build system.
>>> It is not really accurate, but it gives an idea on the topic.
>>>
>>> Where do you think is the right home for this document? It is maybe
>> to thing that will prevail since the manual effort of maintenance is
>> quite high.
>>
>> I would say, make a JPG or PNG of it, put it in Confluence with some
>> text and attach the original Draw doc to that page. Maybe here [1]?
>>
>> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/UML-Diagramme
>>
>> Marcus

Re: A openoffice 'dependency' map

Peter Kovacs-3
Since I found out for uploading something in Cwiki the page needs
additional rights, I decided to go for MWiki.

I have updated https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Architecture

you can also do some sort of versioning there, which is nice.

I hope you are not too disappointed from the document.