A question about font change

JiaXiang Liu
Dear All,

I have questions about "Superscript"
1.Create a impress document and input some words,
2.Select some words and click right button ->"Character"->"Position"->select
Superscript.

The words become up and smaller automatic.

I want to know "who" set the words become smaller?
How to calculate the font-size and the up-size?I debug some code and can not
find the source.
I wish you can give me some hint.

another question:
if we set vertical,the edit mode and no edit mode are different. I guess it
is the same that you told me about the feature"line alignment".
where can I to set it become same?

With Best Regards,

LiuTao

Re: A question about font change

Herbert Duerr
Hi LiuTao,

On Mar 24, 2010, at 10:52 AM, JiaXiang Liu wrote:

> I have questions about "Superscript"
> 1.Create a impress document and input some words,
> 2.Select some words and click right button ->"Character"->"Position"-
> >select
> Superscript.
>
> The words become up and smaller automatic.
>
> I want to know "who" set the words become smaller?
> How to calculate the font-size and the up-size?I debug some code and
> can not
> find the source.
> I wish you can give me some hint.

As far as I know for Impress this is done inside the EditEngine (code
in EditEng, previously in SVX). I added a CC to the Writer mailing
list. Followup questions for this item should be handled there.

> another question:
> if we set vertical,the edit mode and no edit mode are different. I
> guess it
> is the same that you told me about the feature"line alignment".
> where can I to set it become same?

Armin knows the details about the differences between edit mode and
non-edit mode best. I added him and the Impress/Draw mailing list on
CC. Followup questions for this item should be handled there.

---
Herbert Duerr
[hidden email]

Registered Office: Sun Microsystems GmbH
   Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich: HRB 161028
Managing Directors: Thomas Schroeder

Re: A question about font change

Malte Timmermann
For upper/lower fonts, see SvxFont: Escapement & Propr.

Malte.

Herbert Duerr wrote, On 03/24/10 11:04 AM:

> Hi LiuTao,
>
> On Mar 24, 2010, at 10:52 AM, JiaXiang Liu wrote:
>> I have questions about "Superscript"
>> 1.Create a impress document and input some words,
>> 2.Select some words and click right button ->"Character"->"Position"-
>>> select
>> Superscript.
>>
>> The words become up and smaller automatic.
>>
>> I want to know "who" set the words become smaller?
>> How to calculate the font-size and the up-size?I debug some code and
>> can not
>> find the source.
>> I wish you can give me some hint.
>
> As far as I know for Impress this is done inside the EditEngine (code
> in EditEng, previously in SVX). I added a CC to the Writer mailing
> list. Followup questions for this item should be handled there.
>
>> another question:
>> if we set vertical,the edit mode and no edit mode are different. I
>> guess it
>> is the same that you told me about the feature"line alignment".
>> where can I to set it become same?
>

> Armin knows the details about the differences between edit mode and
> non-edit mode best. I added him and the Impress/Draw mailing list on
> CC. Followup questions for this item should be handled there.
>
> ---
> Herbert Duerr
> [hidden email]
>
> Registered Office: Sun Microsystems GmbH
>    Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
> Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich: HRB 161028
> Managing Directors: Thomas Schroeder

Fwd: A question about font change

Herbert Duerr
Forwarding to [hidden email]..org instead of [hidden email]
;-)

> From: Herbert Duerr <[hidden email]>
> On Mar 24, 2010, at 10:52 AM, JiaXiang Liu wrote:
>> I have questions about "Superscript"
>> 1.Create a impress document and input some words,
>> 2.Select some words and click right button ->"Character"-
>> >"Position"->select
>> Superscript.
>>
>> The words become up and smaller automatic.
>>
>> I want to know "who" set the words become smaller?
>> How to calculate the font-size and the up-size?I debug some code
>> and can not
>> find the source.
>> I wish you can give me some hint.
>
> As far as I know for Impress this is done inside the EditEngine
> (code in EditEng, previously in SVX). I added a CC to the Writer
> mailing list. Followup questions for this item should be handled
> there.
>
>> another question:
>> if we set vertical,the edit mode and no edit mode are different. I
>> guess it
>> is the same that you told me about the feature"line alignment".
>> where can I to set it become same?
>

> Armin knows the details about the differences between edit mode and
> non-edit mode best. I added him and the Impress/Draw mailing list on
> CC. Followup questions for this item should be handled there.

---
Herbert Duerr
[hidden email]

Registered Office: Sun Microsystems GmbH
   Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich: HRB 161028
Managing Directors: Thomas Schroeder

Re: A question about font change

Armin Le Grand
Herbert Duerr schrieb:

> Hi LiuTao,
>
>> another question:
>> if we set vertical,the edit mode and no edit mode are different. I
>> guess it
>> is the same that you told me about the feature"line alignment".
>> where can I to set it become same?
>

> Armin knows the details about the differences between edit mode and
> non-edit mode best. I added him and the Impress/Draw mailing list on
> CC. Followup questions for this item should be handled there.
In EditMode the EditEngine is active and directly Paints the edited text
to the View.
In Non-Edit mode the EditEngine is used to layout the text data to
primitives (see svx/source/svdraw/svdotextdecomposition.cxx,
impDecomposeBlockTextPrimitive).

If there are differences between edit and non-edit mode (which should
not happen) probably something is missing in
impDecomposeBlockTextPrimitive. The edit mode is the older one, thus
this should be more correct. Please create an easy to check example and
write a task in OOo for this.

D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten|Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder

Regards, Armin Le Grand (AW)|Don't ask what OOo can do for You,
Armin.Le.Grand(at)sun.com   |better ask what You can do for ooO!