[ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 released

[ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 released

marcus
19 October 2017 - Apache OpenOffice, the leading Open Source office
document productivity suite, announced today Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4,
now available in 41 languages on Windows, macOS and Linux.

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 is a maintenance release incorporating important
bug fixes, security fixes, updated dictionaries, and build fixes. All
users of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 or earlier are advised to upgrade.

The main changes include:
* Several updates for language dictionaries
* Some translation fixes in the UI
* Bug fixes
* Security improvements
* Updated graphics/logos (new Apache feather)
* Enhancements to the build tools (for developers)

For the complete overview see the list in Bugzilla:
https://s.apache.org/AOO-414changes

Full version of this announcement:
https://s.apache.org/AOO-414announcement

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 Release Notes:
https://s.apache.org/AOO-414releasenotes

Download Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 from the original source only:
https://www.openoffice.org/download/

Follow Apache OpenOffice:
Twitter   https://twitter.com/apacheoo
Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/ApacheOO
Google+   https://plus.google.com/u/0/114598373874764163668/posts

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 released

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 19/10/2017 Marcus wrote:
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 is a maintenance release incorporating important
> bug fixes, security fixes, updated dictionaries, and build fixes. All
> users of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 or earlier are advised to upgrade.
>
> The main changes include:
> * Several updates for language dictionaries
> * Some translation fixes in the UI
> * Bug fixes
> * Security improvements

Follow-up: details about the security fixes included in OpenOffice 4.1.4
(released last week) are now available at

https://www.openoffice.org/security/bulletin.html

Even though none of the fixes is highly critical, we recommend of course
that people still using OpenOffice 4.1.3 or earlier upgrade as soon as
possible.

If you are running OpenOffice 4.1.3 and have notifications enabled
(default), you will get a notification about the available update in the
next few days.

Regards,
   Andrea.