[ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.5 RC1

[ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.5 RC1

Jim Jagielski
Available for immediate testing are the source tarballs/zips and
community builds of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5-RC1.

As noted, these are Release Candidates and are not official,
GA releases, although based on testing, the could become so.
So PLEASE test these out!

You can find these gems at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.5-RC1/

Upon successful, positive feedback, a VOTE on blessing RC1 as GA
will likely be forthcoming.

Cheers!
--
Jim Jagielski
On behalf of the Apache OpenOffice Project

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.5 RC1

Pedro Lino-3
Hi all

> Available for immediate testing are the source tarballs/zips and
> community builds of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5-RC1.
>
> As noted, these are Release Candidates and are not official,
> GA releases, although based on testing, the could become so.
> So PLEASE test these out!

Installed and tested 4.1.5 pt + en_US language pack on Win10 Home x64
from scratch - works as expected
Updated 4.1.4 pt + en_US language pack to 4.1.5 pt + en_US language pack
on Win10 Home x64 from scratch - works as expected

On a side note: it would be great for this project if small changes like
this one could be provided as an update (like Mozilla Firefox) instead
of a full installer download. This would be the most meaningful new
feature for those who have slow and/or expensive internet access
(probably those who would benefit more from using AOO)
Any chance that a bounty can be offered to add such a feature?

Regards,
Pedro

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.5 RC1

Marcus (OOo)
Am 13.12.2017 um 23:57 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> [...]
>
> On a side note: it would be great for this project if small changes like
> this one could be provided as an update (like Mozilla Firefox) instead
> of a full installer download. This would be the most meaningful new
> feature for those who have slow and/or expensive internet access
> (probably those who would benefit more from using AOO)
> Any chance that a bounty can be offered to add such a feature?

this would be indeed a big improvement. But I see this only in the 4.2.x
branch.

Marcus

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.5 RC1

Kay Schenk-2
All good with my preliminary testing of AOO4.1.5 -- AOO415m1(Build:9789)
-  Rev. 1817496
on CentOS6.9 -- Linux 32-bit

Used my own documents and verified the fixed issues listed in "Bug Fixes"
on:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.5+Release+Notes

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 13.12.2017 um 23:57 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> On a side note: it would be great for this project if small changes like
>> this one could be provided as an update (like Mozilla Firefox) instead of a
>> full installer download. This would be the most meaningful new feature for
>> those who have slow and/or expensive internet access (probably those who
>> would benefit more from using AOO)
>> Any chance that a bounty can be offered to add such a feature?
>>

> this would be indeed a big improvement. But I see this only in the 4.2.x
> branch.
>
> Marcus

MzK

"Don't you know that it's worth
 every treasure on earth
 To be young at heart."
              -- song, "Young at Heart"

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.5 RC1

Jim Jagielski
FTR: All good on my baseline testing on macOS 10.7, 10.12 and 10.13,
CentOS5 and 6 and Win7

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.5 RC1

Keith N. McKenna
On 12/13/2017 7:40 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Available for immediate testing are the source tarballs/zips and
> community builds of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5-RC1.
>
> As noted, these are Release Candidates and are not official,
> GA releases, although based on testing, the could become so.
> So PLEASE test these out!
>
> You can find these gems at:
>
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.5-RC1/
>
> Upon successful, positive feedback, a VOTE on blessing RC1 as GA
> will likely be forthcoming.
>
> Cheers!
> --
> Jim Jagielski
> On behalf of the Apache OpenOffice Project

Looks good here on Windows 7 and Windows 10.
Keith

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.5 RC1

Jim Jagielski
I'll give it the weekend and maybe call a VOTE on Monday.