AOO 4.1.4 Release Schedule

Matthias Seidel
Hello all!

As Ariel is preparing for the AOO 4.1.4 RC1, I thought it would be a
good idea to have a Release Schedule:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.4

Feel free to change and complete the table.

Kind regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: AOO 4.1.4 Release Schedule

Marcus (OOo)
> As Ariel is preparing for the AOO 4.1.4 RC1, I thought it would be a
> good idea to have a Release Schedule:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.4
>
> Feel free to change and complete the table.

it would be great when Ariel could tell us a bit more about his plans
for the 4.1.4 release.

Marcus

Re: AOO 4.1.4 Release Schedule

Matthias Seidel
Yes, a timeline from Ariel would be great.

Maybe Andrea has more info?

Matthias

Am 06.02.2017 um 20:33 schrieb Marcus:

>> As Ariel is preparing for the AOO 4.1.4 RC1, I thought it would be a
>> good idea to have a Release Schedule:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.4
>>
>> Feel free to change and complete the table.
>
> it would be great when Ariel could tell us a bit more about his plans
> for the 4.1.4 release.
>
> Marcus

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: AOO 4.1.4 Release Schedule

Andrea Pescetti-2
Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Yes, a timeline from Ariel would be great.
> Maybe Andrea has more info?

I don't have more info, but I can confirm that I can help with building
on CentOS 5 (64-bit) and that the VM is ready, even if I haven't started
an AOO414 build so far.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: AOO 4.1.4 Release Schedule

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the update!

Meanwhile, the latest 4.1.4 linux64 build from buildbot is running great
on Ubuntu!
Unfortunately there is no German localization, but if we build an RC I
can test that too.

Kind regards, Matthias

> Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Yes, a timeline from Ariel would be great.
>> Maybe Andrea has more info?
>
> I don't have more info, but I can confirm that I can help with
> building on CentOS 5 (64-bit) and that the VM is ready, even if I
> haven't started an AOO414 build so far.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: AOO 4.1.4 Release Schedule

Marcus (OOo)
It would be great when someone with buildbot access and knowledge can
extend the list of languages that are built. Please consider to add the
following:

de - we have some German speaking people
it - we have some Italian speaking people
pt - this language has very long string, can be used to see any text
      problems in dialogs
jp - an Asian language with CJK writing rules is always good to have,
      to uncover BIDI and font problems

Marcus

--

Ciao

Marcus

Re: AOO 4.1.4 Release Schedule

Matthias Seidel
+1

These are almost the languages we build for windows.

For Linux32 we build even more, but nowadays Linux64 is more important.

Matthias

Am 10.02.2017 um 18:23 schrieb Marcus:

> It would be great when someone with buildbot access and knowledge can
> extend the list of languages that are built. Please consider to add
> the following:
>
> de - we have some German speaking people
> it - we have some Italian speaking people
> pt - this language has very long string, can be used to see any text
>      problems in dialogs
> jp - an Asian language with CJK writing rules is always good to have,
>      to uncover BIDI and font problems
>
> Marcus

>> Hi Andrea,
>>
>> Thanks for the update!
>>
>> Meanwhile, the latest 4.1.4 linux64 build from buildbot is running great
>> on Ubuntu!
>> Unfortunately there is no German localization, but if we build an RC I
>> can test that too.
>>
>> Kind regards, Matthias

>>> I don't have more info, but I can confirm that I can help with
>>> building on CentOS 5 (64-bit) and that the VM is ready, even if I
>>> haven't started an AOO414 build so far.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>   Andrea.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: AOO 4.1.4 Release Schedule

Matthias Seidel

Hi Marcus,

From an earlier discussion:

Sun, 27 Nov 2016 04:41:09 -0800

On 24/11/16 18:31, Marcus wrote:
> Am 11/24/2016 08:43 PM, schrieb Matthias Seidel:
>> +1
>>
>> Especially for Linux64. 64bit is almost standard now, so we need
>> localized builds from the build bots. 32bit has plenty of them...
>
> @Don: AFAIK you were working on the buildbots.
We, AOO comitters, are supposed to work on this.
The repo is https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot

The file containing the buildbot configuration is
^/aegis/buildmaster/master1/openofficeorg.conf

The web page on https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/
is ^/aegis/buildmaster/master1/public_html/projects/openoffice/
and the dynamic content is generated with a script on
https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-puppet
full path:
deployment/modules/buildbot_asf/files/create-ooo-snapshots-index.sh
https://s.apache.org/buildbot_aoo_script

> Can you please change
> the setup so that we can get AOO builds with en-US, de, pt, ja?

Do you mean for builds based on trunk *and* release branch?

Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Maybe this can help?

Regards, Matthias

Matthias Seidel wrote:
Yes, a timeline from Ariel would be great.
Maybe Andrea has more info?

I don't have more info, but I can confirm that I can help with
building on CentOS 5 (64-bit) and that the VM is ready, even if I
haven't started an AOO414 build so far.

Regards,
  Andrea.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: AOO 4.1.4 Release Schedule

Marcus (OOo)

> Hi Marcus,
>
> From an earlier discussion:
>
>> Ariel Constenla-Haile
>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=dev@...&q=from:%22Ariel+Constenla%5C-Haile%22>
>> Sun, 27 Nov 2016 04:41:09 -0800
>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=dev@...&q=date:20161127>

>> > @Don: AFAIK you were working on the buildbots.
>> We, AOO comitters, are supposed to work on this.
>> The repo is https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot
>>
>> The file containing the buildbot configuration is
>> ^/aegis/buildmaster/master1/openofficeorg.conf
>>
>> The web page on https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/
>> is ^/aegis/buildmaster/master1/public_html/projects/openoffice/
>> and the dynamic content is generated with a script on
>> https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-puppet
>> full path:
>> deployment/modules/buildbot_asf/files/create-ooo-snapshots-index.sh
>> https://s.apache.org/buildbot_aoo_script
>>
>> > Can you please change
>> > the setup so that we can get AOO builds with en-US, de, pt, ja?
>>
>> Do you mean for builds based on trunk *and* release branch?

I would say in both branches it would help to see problems earlier.

Marcus

> Maybe this can help?
>
> Regards, Matthias
>

> Am 10.02.2017 um 18:23 schrieb Marcus:
>> It would be great when someone with buildbot access and knowledge can
>> extend the list of languages that are built. Please consider to add
>> the following:
>>
>> de - we have some German speaking people
>> it - we have some Italian speaking people
>> pt - this language has very long string, can be used to see any text
>>      problems in dialogs
>> jp - an Asian language with CJK writing rules is always good to have,
>>      to uncover BIDI and font problems
>>
>> Marcus

>>> Hi Andrea,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the update!
>>>
>>> Meanwhile, the latest 4.1.4 linux64 build from buildbot is running great
>>> on Ubuntu!
>>> Unfortunately there is no German localization, but if we build an RC I
>>> can test that too.
>>>
>>> Kind regards, Matthias

Re: AOO 4.1.4 Release Schedule

Matthias Seidel
Hi Marcus,

Both branches would be ideal.

Ariel seems to be the (only) one who can help here, so we have to wait
for him... ;-)

Regards, Matthias