AOO 4.1.4 download site

Rory O'Farrell

Is it possible to set the download site so that it causes a fresh download of the site, overwriting that in the user's browser cache?

At present, to see the update one may have to flush the browser cache, which is an obstacle for the inexperienced computer user - indeed, I've just had to remind one very experienced user (whom I won't name, to spare his blushes) to do that.  I have a vague memory that some such setting was carried out after AOO 4.1.3 was available.

Rory

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: AOO 4.1.4 download site

Marcus (OOo)
Am 21.10.2017 um 19:29 schrieb Rory O'Farrell:

> Is it possible to set the download site so that it causes a fresh download of the site, overwriting that in the user's browser cache?
>
> At present, to see the update one may have to flush the browser cache, which is an obstacle for the inexperienced computer user - indeed, I've just had to remind one very experienced user (whom I won't name, to spare his blushes) to do that.  I have a vague memory that some such setting was carried out after AOO 4.1.3 was available.

done.

I've added an additional parameter with a number to every JS filename
that is included in the "/index.html" and "/download/index.html" files.
If needed in the future the number can be increaded.

Marcus

Re: AOO 4.1.4 download site

Rory O'Farrell
On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 20:02:36 +0200
Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 21.10.2017 um 19:29 schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
> >
> > Is it possible to set the download site so that it causes a fresh download of the site, overwriting that in the user's browser cache?
> >
> > At present, to see the update one may have to flush the browser cache, which is an obstacle for the inexperienced computer user - indeed, I've just had to remind one very experienced user (whom I won't name, to spare his blushes) to do that.  I have a vague memory that some such setting was carried out after AOO 4.1.3 was available.
>
> done.
>
> I've added an additional parameter with a number to every JS filename
> that is included in the "/index.html" and "/download/index.html" files.
> If needed in the future the number can be increaded.
>
> Marcus

Thanks.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>