AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

12

AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Jim Jagielski
I am ready to start building macOS and Linux 64&32bit builds of HEAD of AOO416, which is m1 at r1844555

Just say the word :)

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Peter Kovacs-3
I am a bit confused where we all are now. I think all Issues are
resolved and currently we are not aware on regressions right?

If r1844555 has not been build yet, then please start. :) I would like
to do some signing.

Thank you all for your efforts!

On 22.10.18 15:12, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I am ready to start building macOS and Linux 64&32bit builds of HEAD of AOO416, which is m1 at r1844555
>
> Just say the word :)

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Matthias Seidel
Hi Peter,

Am 23.10.18 um 05:03 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> I am a bit confused where we all are now. I think all Issues are
> resolved and currently we are not aware on regressions right?
>
> If r1844555 has not been build yet, then please start. :) I would like
> to do some signing.

Now I am a bit confused. The last commit in 4.1.6 was r1844436:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1844436

I can start a new build, will this be a RC?

And builds are signed by those who do the builds. ;-)

Matthias

> Thank you all for your efforts!
>
> On 22.10.18 15:12, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> I am ready to start building macOS and Linux 64&32bit builds of HEAD of AOO416, which is m1 at r1844555
>>
>> Just say the word :)

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Jim Jagielski
r1844555 was the SVN version of HEAD at the time of the email.

FWIW, my macOS builds of RC1 are ready... CentOS5-64 are in progress.

> On Oct 23, 2018, at 6:03 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 23.10.18 um 05:03 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> I am a bit confused where we all are now. I think all Issues are
>> resolved and currently we are not aware on regressions right?
>>
>> If r1844555 has not been build yet, then please start. :) I would like
>> to do some signing.
>
> Now I am a bit confused. The last commit in 4.1.6 was r1844436:
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1844436
>
> I can start a new build, will this be a RC?
>
> And builds are signed by those who do the builds. ;-)
>
> Matthias
>

>> Thank you all for your efforts!
>>
>> On 22.10.18 15:12, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> I am ready to start building macOS and Linux 64&32bit builds of HEAD of AOO416, which is m1 at r1844555
>>>
>>> Just say the word :)

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Matthias Seidel
Am 23.10.18 um 13:06 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> r1844555 was the SVN version of HEAD at the time of the email.

Yes, and it increases by the time of writing...
So it gives no information about what revision the RC should be build upon?

> FWIW, my macOS builds of RC1 are ready... CentOS5-64 are in progress.

My build is also running (r1844436), just in case. ;-)

Regards,

Matthias

>> On Oct 23, 2018, at 6:03 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Am 23.10.18 um 05:03 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>>> I am a bit confused where we all are now. I think all Issues are
>>> resolved and currently we are not aware on regressions right?
>>>
>>> If r1844555 has not been build yet, then please start. :) I would like
>>> to do some signing.
>> Now I am a bit confused. The last commit in 4.1.6 was r1844436:
>> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1844436
>>
>> I can start a new build, will this be a RC?
>>
>> And builds are signed by those who do the builds. ;-)
>>
>> Matthias
>>
>>> Thank you all for your efforts!

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Peter Kovacs-3
Important is we build with the same revision.
Are all builds now with r1844436?

Great if I do not have to sign anything. I gladly delegate that to the builders. ;-)

Am 23. Oktober 2018 13:12:37 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:

>Am 23.10.18 um 13:06 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>> r1844555 was the SVN version of HEAD at the time of the email.
>
>Yes, and it increases by the time of writing...
>So it gives no information about what revision the RC should be build
>upon?
>

>> FWIW, my macOS builds of RC1 are ready... CentOS5-64 are in progress.
>
>My build is also running (r1844436), just in case. ;-)
>
>Regards,
>
>Matthias
>

>>> On Oct 23, 2018, at 6:03 AM, Matthias Seidel
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Peter,

>like
>>> Now I am a bit confused. The last commit in 4.1.6 was r1844436:
>>> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1844436
>>>
>>> I can start a new build, will this be a RC?
>>>
>>> And builds are signed by those who do the builds. ;-)
>>>
>>> Matthias

>HEAD of AOO416, which is m1 at r1844555

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Matthias Seidel
Hi Peter,

Am 23.10.18 um 13:19 schrieb Peter kovacs:
> Important is we build with the same revision.
> Are all builds now with r1844436?

Revision 1844436 confirmed for Windows.

> Great if I do not have to sign anything. I gladly delegate that to the builders. ;-)

The release manager builds the source build (after the final release)
and signs it...
So you have some time left... ;-)

Matthias

> Am 23. Oktober 2018 13:12:37 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:
>> Am 23.10.18 um 13:06 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>> r1844555 was the SVN version of HEAD at the time of the email.
>> Yes, and it increases by the time of writing...
>> So it gives no information about what revision the RC should be build
>> upon?
>>
>>> FWIW, my macOS builds of RC1 are ready... CentOS5-64 are in progress.
>> My build is also running (r1844436), just in case. ;-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthias

>> like

>> HEAD of AOO416, which is m1 at r1844555

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Jim Jagielski
Yes.

> On Oct 23, 2018, at 7:19 AM, Peter kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Important is we build with the same revision.
> Are all builds now with r1844436?
>
> Great if I do not have to sign anything. I gladly delegate that to the builders. ;-)
>

> Am 23. Oktober 2018 13:12:37 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:
>> Am 23.10.18 um 13:06 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>> r1844555 was the SVN version of HEAD at the time of the email.
>>
>> Yes, and it increases by the time of writing...
>> So it gives no information about what revision the RC should be build
>> upon?
>>

>>> FWIW, my macOS builds of RC1 are ready... CentOS5-64 are in progress.
>>
>> My build is also running (r1844436), just in case. ;-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthias

>> like

>> HEAD of AOO416, which is m1 at r1844555

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 23/10/2018 Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Am 23.10.18 um 13:06 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>> r1844555 was the SVN version of HEAD at the time of the email.
> Yes, and it increases by the time of writing...
> So it gives no information about what revision the RC should be build upon?

This has always been an issue to the structure of our SVN repository,
but fortunately it is only cosmetic.

All the ASF projects use the same SVN repository, and the revision
number increases (obviously) any time someone commits to any part of the
repository. So a commit to another project will increase the overall
revision number while the OpenOffice code remains the same.

This means there is always a range of SVN HEAD revisions that correspond
to the same OpenOffice code. Only running "svn log" in the OpenOffice
checkout will tell you the last "real" OpenOffice revision.

I think we used to have a double numbering, like "revision 1844555
corresponding to openoffice revision 1844436"... but this only made it
more confusing!

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

> On 23/10/2018 Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Am 23.10.18 um 13:06 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>> r1844555 was the SVN version of HEAD at the time of the email.
>> Yes, and it increases by the time of writing...
>> So it gives no information about what revision the RC should be build
>> upon?
>
> This has always been an issue to the structure of our SVN repository,
> but fortunately it is only cosmetic.
>
> All the ASF projects use the same SVN repository, and the revision
> number increases (obviously) any time someone commits to any part of
> the repository. So a commit to another project will increase the
> overall revision number while the OpenOffice code remains the same.
>
> This means there is always a range of SVN HEAD revisions that
> correspond to the same OpenOffice code. Only running "svn log" in the
> OpenOffice checkout will tell you the last "real" OpenOffice revision.
"svn info" gives you both revisions. At least that's what I am using.

---
$ svn info
Pfad: .
Wurzelpfad der Arbeitskopie: /cygdrive/c/Source/aoo-416
Relative URL: ^/openoffice/branches/AOO416
Basis des Projektarchivs: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
UUID des Projektarchivs: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
Revision: 1844630
Knotentyp: Verzeichnis
Plan: normal
Letzter Autor: mseidel
Letzte geänderte Rev: 1844436
Letztes Änderungsdatum: 2018-10-20 23:55:27 +0200 (Sa, 20. Okt 2018)
---

> I think we used to have a double numbering, like "revision 1844555
> corresponding to openoffice revision 1844436"... but this only made it
> more confusing!

We have this double numbering in some builds from our buildbots and it
still confuses people... ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
>   Andrea.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Marcus (OOo)

> On 23/10/2018 Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Am 23.10.18 um 13:06 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>> r1844555 was the SVN version of HEAD at the time of the email.
>> Yes, and it increases by the time of writing...
>> So it gives no information about what revision the RC should be build
>> upon?
>
> This has always been an issue to the structure of our SVN repository,
> but fortunately it is only cosmetic.
>
> All the ASF projects use the same SVN repository, and the revision
> number increases (obviously) any time someone commits to any part of the
> repository. So a commit to another project will increase the overall
> revision number while the OpenOffice code remains the same.
>
> This means there is always a range of SVN HEAD revisions that correspond
> to the same OpenOffice code. Only running "svn log" in the OpenOffice
> checkout will tell you the last "real" OpenOffice revision.

isn't this the reason (or one of some) that we put a SVN tag to a
specific revision, so that all can talk about the same revision for a
specific release?

Marcus

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Matthias Seidel
Hi Marcus,

Am 25.10.18 um 23:56 schrieb Marcus:

> Am 25.10.2018 um 23:42 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>>> Yes, and it increases by the time of writing...
>>> So it gives no information about what revision the RC should be
>>> build upon?
>>
>> This has always been an issue to the structure of our SVN repository,
>> but fortunately it is only cosmetic.
>>
>> All the ASF projects use the same SVN repository, and the revision
>> number increases (obviously) any time someone commits to any part of
>> the repository. So a commit to another project will increase the
>> overall revision number while the OpenOffice code remains the same.
>>
>> This means there is always a range of SVN HEAD revisions that
>> correspond to the same OpenOffice code. Only running "svn log" in the
>> OpenOffice checkout will tell you the last "real" OpenOffice revision.
>
> isn't this the reason (or one of some) that we put a SVN tag to a
> specific revision, so that all can talk about the same revision for a
> specific release?
Yes, we tag the final release to "document" that specific revision.

This was more about clear communicating:

 - when a Release Candidate is to be build
 - and what revision it is exactly based on

Earlier builds/releases were done by one Release Manager only, but now
we are a team of three.
That needs some kind of coordination.

Matthias

> Marcus

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Jim Jagielski
I went ahead and tagged AOO-4.1.6RC1. If it passes then we can copy that tag to the GA.

> On Oct 26, 2018, at 10:56 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Marcus,
>
> Am 25.10.18 um 23:56 schrieb Marcus:
>>>
>>> This has always been an issue to the structure of our SVN repository,
>>> but fortunately it is only cosmetic.
>>>
>>> All the ASF projects use the same SVN repository, and the revision
>>> number increases (obviously) any time someone commits to any part of
>>> the repository. So a commit to another project will increase the
>>> overall revision number while the OpenOffice code remains the same.
>>>
>>> This means there is always a range of SVN HEAD revisions that
>>> correspond to the same OpenOffice code. Only running "svn log" in the
>>> OpenOffice checkout will tell you the last "real" OpenOffice revision.
>>
>> isn't this the reason (or one of some) that we put a SVN tag to a
>> specific revision, so that all can talk about the same revision for a
>> specific release?
>
> Yes, we tag the final release to "document" that specific revision.
>
> This was more about clear communicating:
>
>  - when a Release Candidate is to be build
>  - and what revision it is exactly based on
>
> Earlier builds/releases were done by one Release Manager only, but now
> we are a team of three.
> That needs some kind of coordination.
>
> Matthias
>

>> Marcus

>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Andrea Pescetti-2
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I went ahead and tagged AOO-4.1.6RC1. If it passes then we can copy that tag to the GA.

We don't tag RCs normally, only releases (and we thus do it AFTER the
vote has passed). No problem, it just means that if the vote passes the
tag will be renamed (moved instead of copied).

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Don Lewis-2
On 23 Oct, Peter Kovacs wrote:
> I am a bit confused where we all are now. I think all Issues are
> resolved and currently we are not aware on regressions right?

The redland/raptor/rasqal upgrade
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127887 got backed out.
Someone with a Mac needs to see if the configure.in changes are needed
or if it builds on a Mac as-is.  This addresses a bunch of CVEs.

I'm not too worried about the fix for building ODK with Java 8
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127876 which also got backed
out, but the java detection problem is present in AOO416 even without
this fix.  I haven't had time to take a deeper look.  The only critical
issue is that the release build has to be done with Java 7 (Windows
only?).

In addition the bundled version of nss has a bunch of CVEs.  Even the
version in trunk has two I believe.  I spent most of a week trying to
upgrade the trunk version and got a successful build on Windows, but
haven't had time to test it, and my patches need further cleanup.  The
big problems is that newer versions are C99 which the version of Visual
C++ that we use for the Windows build does not support.  I also remember
the pain that we went through to get this working properly when we did
the previous trunk upgrade.  It is used for document signing.

Unfortunately my time is extremely limited for the next few weeks.

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Jim Jagielski
It is most likely better if we start tagging RCs. Anytime we need to "record" some version, a tag make sense, IMO.

> On Oct 26, 2018, at 2:16 PM, Andrea Pescetti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> I went ahead and tagged AOO-4.1.6RC1. If it passes then we can copy that tag to the GA.
>
> We don't tag RCs normally, only releases (and we thus do it AFTER the vote has passed). No problem, it just means that if the vote passes the tag will be renamed (moved instead of copied).
>
> Regards,
>  Andrea.

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Matthias Seidel
Hi Don,

Am 26.10.18 um 20:30 schrieb Don Lewis:

> On 23 Oct, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> I am a bit confused where we all are now. I think all Issues are
>> resolved and currently we are not aware on regressions right?
> The redland/raptor/rasqal upgrade
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127887 got backed out.
> Someone with a Mac needs to see if the configure.in changes are needed
> or if it builds on a Mac as-is.  This addresses a bunch of CVEs.
>
> I'm not too worried about the fix for building ODK with Java 8
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127876 which also got backed
> out, but the java detection problem is present in AOO416 even without
> this fix.  I haven't had time to take a deeper look.  The only critical
> issue is that the release build has to be done with Java 7 (Windows
> only?).
>
> In addition the bundled version of nss has a bunch of CVEs.  Even the
> version in trunk has two I believe.  I spent most of a week trying to
> upgrade the trunk version and got a successful build on Windows, but
> haven't had time to test it, and my patches need further cleanup.  The
> big problems is that newer versions are C99 which the version of Visual
> C++ that we use for the Windows build does not support.  I also remember
> the pain that we went through to get this working properly when we did
> the previous trunk upgrade.  It is used for document signing.
Would it help if we use MozillaBuild 3.2 instead of 2.20 to build NSS on
Windows?
(Fixed in trunk, but not in 4.1.6)

Regards,

   Matthias

> Unfortunately my time is extremely limited for the next few weeks.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Jim Jagielski

> On Oct 26, 2018, at 2:30 PM, Don Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The redland/raptor/rasqal upgrade
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127887 got backed out.
> Someone with a Mac needs to see if the configure.in changes are needed
> or if it builds on a Mac as-is.

I have no idea how to parse the above. All I know is that main/redland in AOO416 builds just fine on macOS...

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Don Lewis-2
On 26 Oct, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Hi Don,
>
> Am 26.10.18 um 20:30 schrieb Don Lewis:
>> On 23 Oct, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>>> I am a bit confused where we all are now. I think all Issues are
>>> resolved and currently we are not aware on regressions right?
>> The redland/raptor/rasqal upgrade
>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127887 got backed out.
>> Someone with a Mac needs to see if the configure.in changes are needed
>> or if it builds on a Mac as-is.  This addresses a bunch of CVEs.
>>
>> I'm not too worried about the fix for building ODK with Java 8
>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127876 which also got backed
>> out, but the java detection problem is present in AOO416 even without
>> this fix.  I haven't had time to take a deeper look.  The only critical
>> issue is that the release build has to be done with Java 7 (Windows
>> only?).
>>
>> In addition the bundled version of nss has a bunch of CVEs.  Even the
>> version in trunk has two I believe.  I spent most of a week trying to
>> upgrade the trunk version and got a successful build on Windows, but
>> haven't had time to test it, and my patches need further cleanup.  The
>> big problems is that newer versions are C99 which the version of Visual
>> C++ that we use for the Windows build does not support.  I also remember
>> the pain that we went through to get this working properly when we did
>> the previous trunk upgrade.  It is used for document signing.
>
> Would it help if we use MozillaBuild 3.2 instead of 2.20 to build NSS on
> Windows?
> (Fixed in trunk, but not in 4.1.6)

I don't think so.  Most of the the problems that I ran into were
interleaving variable declarations into the later executable statements
in function bodies.  This is a C99 feature that the ancient version of
Visual C++ that we use barfs on.  The next most common problem was the
use of <stdint.h>, which is also not supported in that old toolchain.

Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555

Don Lewis-2
On 26 Oct, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>> On Oct 26, 2018, at 2:30 PM, Don Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The redland/raptor/rasqal upgrade
>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127887 got backed out.
>> Someone with a Mac needs to see if the configure.in changes are needed
>> or if it builds on a Mac as-is.

When we upgraded those in trunk, it broke the Mac build.  You committed
this change https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1805089
to unbreak things on the Mac, which include some changes to
configure.ac.  AOO416 has configure.in instead of configure.ac, so in my
instructions for merging this upgrade back to AOO416 here:
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127887 I said to hand apply
the configure.ac changes to configure.in.  That broke the buildbot
builds at the configure stage due to shell syntax errors:
https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux64-41x/builds/159/steps/configure/logs/stdio
so the entire upgrade was backed out of AOO416 with r1843571.

The question is whether we can merge the four commits from trunk to
AOO416 and skip the configure changes and get a successful build on the
Mac, or do we need to do some other change to configure.in to get a
successful build.  My testing without any configure.in changes worked on
Linux and Windows.

12