[AOO-Templates]

Kim Lewandowski
Hello,

I have been unable to find instructions that work with my windows 10 on downloading various templates.  I can get it to my download folder, but have been unable to get it into my OpenOffice 4.1.2.

I have tried going OpenOffice>File>Templates>Organize>MyTemplates>Commands>ImportTemplate…
This opens my file manager.  I then go to Downloads, select the template I just downloaded to my computer for use.  But rather than import the whole file, it extracts and opens it.  Inside is various folders and files.  But there is no indication that I have found on your website, the Forum, YouTube or the Internet which directs me to which one of these I need to click on to actually add it to my template list in OpenOffice.

Can you provide detailed instructions that would include which file or folder within the downloaded zip file that I need to actually “open” to get it into OpenOffice 4.1.2

Thank you for your assistance since I would much rather use OpenOffice rather than Word.
Kim Lewandowski

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: [AOO-Templates]

Rory O'Farrell
On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 04:04:38 -0500
Kim Lewandowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been unable to find instructions that work with my windows 10 on downloading various templates.  I can get it to my download folder, but have been unable to get it into my OpenOffice 4.1.2.
>
> I have tried going OpenOffice>File>Templates>Organize>MyTemplates>Commands>ImportTemplate…
> This opens my file manager.  I then go to Downloads, select the template I just downloaded to my computer for use.  But rather than import the whole file, it extracts and opens it.  Inside is various folders and files.  But there is no indication that I have found on your website, the Forum, YouTube or the Internet which directs me to which one of these I need to click on to actually add it to my template list in OpenOffice.
>
> Can you provide detailed instructions that would include which file or folder within the downloaded zip file that I need to actually “open” to get it into OpenOffice 4.1.2
>

> Thank you for your assistance since I would much rather use OpenOffice rather than Word.
> Kim Lewandowski
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Some internet browsers, notable Internet Explorer, silently rename file types to a generic filetype.  Outside of OpenOffice (i.e., at Windows system level, rename the downloaded file to type .ott; then double click it and OO will open the template.  You may then Save the template as you require.  Or, having done the rename, use /File /Templates /Organise to manage the template(s).

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>