[AOO-Templates]

Wojciech Szymanek
Gday Sir

I have one question for You:

If its possibility insert watermark in word for apache if possibility pls
step by step
inform how its - because I always use this program and need for word also
insert
watermark but I dont know how to. Pls tell me how.

Brgds

Wojciech Szymanek

Re: [Watermarks]

Brian Barker
At 17:45 18/01/2018 +0100, Wojciech Szymanek wrote:
>If it's possibility insert watermark in word for apache ...

Word is a constituent of Microsoft Office - an entirely different
product. I hope we are instead talking about a Writer document in
Apache OpenOffice.

>... if possibility pls step by step inform how its - because I
>always use this program and need for [Writer?] also insert watermark
>but I don't know how to.

Here's one way:

o Go to File | New > | Drawing (or click Drawing on the Start Centre)
to create a new drawing document.
o Click the Text ("T") button in the Drawing toolbar and drag a text
box in the document.
o Enter your watermark text.
o Adjust the text properties: font, size, and so on. (You can enter
sizes larger than those offered by typing in the box.)
o Select a suitable font colour - probably something like Grey 3.
o If desired, adjust the rotation angle under Position and Size.
o Select the text box (so you see the eight green handles) and go to
Modify | Convert > | To Bitmap (or right-click | Convert > | To Bitmap).
o With the material selected, go to right-click | Save as Picture...
and save the result somewhere suitable - probably as a .png file.
o You can now discard the drawing document itself.

o In your text (Writer) document, go to Format | Page... | Background.
o For As, select Graphic.
o Click Browse... and browse to and open your saved picture.
o You probably don't want Link ticked - especially if you intend to
distribute the text file elsewhere.
o For Type, select Position.

Note that backgrounds are a property of page styles, so the watermark
will appear on all pages with the current style. Note also that you
could place such watermarks in otherwise empty documents and save
them as templates.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: [AOO-Templates]

John van Barneveld
Watermarks are also a function of printer drivers.  You may see it in
your print dialog.

John van Barneveld

>If its possibility insert watermark in word for apache if possibility
>pls
>step by step
>inform how its - because I always use this program and need for word
>also
>insert
>watermark but I dont know how to. Pls tell me how.
>
>Brgds
>
>Wojciech Szymanek

---