ASSISTANCE IN  USING HUNSPELL

ge-7
Hi,

Some hints:

1. Check if  hunspell.so was built.
2. check if example or example.exe was built.
3. Check if you have en_US.aff and en_US.dic in the tree.
   if not: download them from OpenOffice
4. Run example or example.exe with proper arguments
   example /full_path/en_US.aff  /full_path/en_US.dic your_file.txt
   where your_file.txt is a text file for example:
   tree
   house
   treei
   example should indicate, that treei is bad, rest good.
5. Now you can start to develop yoruba.aff and yoruba.dic and do tests.

Good Luck!

regards: eleonora

Hi,
    My name is Abolaji Jeje and i 'm working on project which is spelling checker
for my language which is "YORUBA LANGUAGE".I want to use hunspell
package for this project but i 'm  having problem in install the
hunspell  package.Please kindly assist  me.
These are the effort i have made in installing the hunspell package and the result i got:

 CYGWIN ENVIRONMENT
After installed the cygwin with all the necessary packages  then  i ran  the  following  commands:
/configure
make
make check

at the end all the activities computer wrote  "68 of 86 tests fail"
if  i try  to run some executable files computer will write "can't open affix and dict files"

UBUNTU(LINUX) ENVIROMENT
In
this environment i ran the command  "./configure" and after  checking
for  resources  computer wrote  "configure error: C++ compiler cannot
create executable: check config.log for details "

please kindly assist me to install the hunspell package  and how to use to build a spelling checker for my language.

Best Regards
Jeje Abolaji
No 11 oluyole way,Bodija,Ibadan,
Oyo state,Nigeria.