Access denied on Dictionaries page

Marco A.G.Pinto
Hello!

I had committed V2017.11.01 of the English dictionaries.

I noticed that the release notes had the AU+CA+US there when they were updated in the previous release.

So, I fixed the text and uploaded a new .OXT.

Now I get an access error in the official page:
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apache-openoffice

Could someone take a look at it?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
        >Marco A.G.Pinto
          ----------------------

Re: Access denied on Dictionaries page

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 21:07:32 +0200
Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 26.10.2017 um 12:09 schrieb Marco A.G.Pinto:
>
> Hi Marco,
>
> > Now I get an access error in the official page:
> > http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apache-openoffice
> >
> > Could someone take a look at it?
>
> maybe a temporary outage in the second where you have looked.
> I've test now and it's working.
>
> Marcus

It downloaded and installed correctly for me just now.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Access denied on Dictionaries page

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 26/10/2017 Marcus wrote:
> Am 26.10.2017 um 12:09 schrieb Marco A.G.Pinto:
>> Now I get an access error in the official page:
>> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apache-openoffice
>
> maybe a temporary outage in the second where you have looked.
> I've test now and it's working.

Besides the problem itself (I confirm I see the page normally too) this
means that people who upgrade to OpenOffice 4.1.4 will immediately see a
notice saying they should update their English dictionary.

This is quite annoying but there is nothing we can do about it right now.

For the next version we should probably, like we did in the past, agree
that the English dictionary does not get updated for at least one month
after release.

If we see users confused by the "double update" process we will have to
add an item to the Release Notes.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Access denied on Dictionaries page

Marcus (OOo)

> On 26/10/2017 Marcus wrote:
>> Am 26.10.2017 um 12:09 schrieb Marco A.G.Pinto:
>>> Now I get an access error in the official page:
>>> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apache-openoffice
>>>

>> maybe a temporary outage in the second where you have looked.
>> I've test now and it's working.
>
> Besides the problem itself (I confirm I see the page normally too) this
> means that people who upgrade to OpenOffice 4.1.4 will immediately see a
> notice saying they should update their English dictionary.
>
> This is quite annoying but there is nothing we can do about it right now.
>
> For the next version we should probably, like we did in the past, agree
> that the English dictionary does not get updated for at least one month
> after release.

we could write to the usual mailing lists to ask for a 1 month break of
updates. I'm pretty sure that Marco would support us. But others we
don't know and when they don't write about their updates here, we won't
reach.

> If we see users confused by the "double update" process we will have to
> add an item to the Release Notes.
I don't understand what you want to write to the release notes.

Marcus