Access to Pootle

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello,

for doing some Improvments to translations I started with a login to
https://translate.apache.org.

then I choose "Reset my password" with the apache E-Mail adress and with
my normal E-Mail adress. With both adresses I get the message, "this
E-Mail adress isn't asigned to a user account.

Can someon help me?

Kind regards

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: Access to Pootle

Keith N. McKenna
On 11/5/2018 5:11 AM, Mechtilde wrote:

> Hello,
>
> for doing some Improvments to translations I started with a login to
> https://translate.apache.org.
>
> then I choose "Reset my password" with the apache E-Mail adress and with
> my normal E-Mail adress. With both adresses I get the message, "this
> E-Mail adress isn't asigned to a user account.
>
> Can someon help me?
>
> Kind regards

Mechtilde;

I just checked the user list on the pootle server and indeed there was
no e-mail address associated with your account. I added your @apache.org
e-mail address to the account. This should allow you to log in with your
committer credentials. If you still have problems please reply back to
the list and we can investigate further.

Regards
Keith McKenna

Re: Access to Pootle

Andrea Pescetti-2
Mechtilde wrote:
> for doing some Improvments to translations I started with a login to
> https://translate.apache.org.
> then I choose "Reset my password" with the apache E-Mail adress and with
> my normal E-Mail adress. With both adresses I get the message, "this
> E-Mail adress isn't asigned to a user account.

Hi Mechtilde, first check your password at http://id.apache.org/ (just
to be sure that your Apache account is OK).

Then you should be able to login on Pootle, without a password reset, by
using your Apache username (with or without @apache.org) and your
existing Apache password.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Access to Pootle

Andrea Pescetti-2
Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> I just checked the user list on the pootle server and indeed there was
> no e-mail address associated with your account. I added your @apache.org
> e-mail address to the account. This should allow you to log in with your
> committer credentials. If you still have problems please reply back to
> the list and we can investigate further.

I think (but it is good that you tried, so we can check) that
@apache.org accounts need not be added to Pootle. Pootle should query
the local database first and fallback to LDAP (the common @apache.org
authentication) otherwise. So anyone with a @apache.org account should
be able to login without explicit creation of an account. If this still
works, then when creating a local account it's best to avoid @apache.org
e-mail addresses in order to prevent possible conflicts.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Access to Pootle

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello,

thank you for your action

Kind regards

Mechtilde

On 11/5/2018 12:40 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> I just checked the user list on the pootle server and indeed there was
>> no e-mail address associated with your account. I added your @apache.org
>> e-mail address to the account. This should allow you to log in with your
>> committer credentials. If you still have problems please reply back to
>> the list and we can investigate further.
>
> I think (but it is good that you tried, so we can check) that
> @apache.org accounts need not be added to Pootle. Pootle should query
> the local database first and fallback to LDAP (the common @apache.org
> authentication) otherwise. So anyone with a @apache.org account should
> be able to login without explicit creation of an account. If this still
> works, then when creating a local account it's best to avoid @apache.org
> e-mail addresses in order to prevent possible conflicts.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.
Andrea;

Thank you for the guidance. As always it is much appreciated.

Regards
Keith