Activation email

John Hare
Hi

I have been trying to register with OpenOffice and I am having problems.

I have been told an activation email has been sent to me but nothing has arrived.

The user name I chose was MUTLEY-SYB and I used this email address.

I did get a reply from what I think was an automatic system and it told me it had given up.

Can you please help

Kind regards

John Hare

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>  Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

Re: Activation email

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 19:38:49 +0000
John Hare <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been trying to register with OpenOffice and I am having problems.
>
> I have been told an activation email has been sent to me but nothing has arrived.
>
> The user name I chose was MUTLEY-SYB and I used this email address.
>
> I did get a reply from what I think was an automatic system and it told me it had given up.
>
> Can you please help
>
> Kind regards
>
> John Hare

I have just checked: neither your MUTLEY-SYB or your email address are registered on https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum

Please try again.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Activation email

John Hare
Hi Rory

Thanks for the fast reply.

I will have another go but when I last tried, I was told the user name and my email address were already taken.

Thanks again

John Hare

________________________________
> I have been trying to register with OpenOffice and I am having problems.
>
> I have been told an activation email has been sent to me but nothing has arrived.
>
> The user name I chose was MUTLEY-SYB and I used this email address.
>
> I did get a reply from what I think was an automatic system and it told me it had given up.
>
> Can you please help
>
> Kind regards
>
> John Hare

I have just checked: neither your MUTLEY-SYB or your email address are registered on https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum

Please try again.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>  Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

Re: Activation email

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 20:07:59 +0000
John Hare <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Rory
>
> Thanks for the fast reply.
>
> I will have another go but when I last tried, I was told the user name and my email address were already taken.
>
> Thanks again
>
> John Hare

I have not administrative access to the Forum database, but I hope an admistrator who monitors this mailing list, will take the matter up. I'm going offline now - if he has not picked it up, I'll draw it to his attention tomorrow morning (12 hours)

Rory

> ________________________________

I have referred the problem to a Forum administrator; I'm sure he will deal with it when he comes online (probably tomorrow)

Rory

On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 21:17:17 +0100
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 20:07:59 +0000
> John Hare <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Rory
> >
> > Thanks for the fast reply.
> >
> > I will have another go but when I last tried, I was told the user name and my email address were already taken.
> >
> > Thanks again
> >
> > John Hare
>

> I have not administrative access to the Forum database, but I hope an admistrator who monitors this mailing list, will take the matter up. I'm going offline now - if he has not picked it up, I'll draw it to his attention tomorrow morning (12 hours)
>
> Rory
> >
> > ________________________________

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Activation email

David Robley
The username exists but has not yet been activated; I've triggered a
reminder email to your Hotmail address. Please check your spam/junk
folders for an email from [hidden email].

On 15/7/20 5:37 am, John Hare wrote:

> Hi Rory
>
> Thanks for the fast reply.
>
> I will have another go but when I last tried, I was told the user name and my email address were already taken.
>
> Thanks again
>
> John Hare
>
> ________________________________

Cheers
--
David Robley

Don't ask me. The cats are in charge around here.

Re: Activation email

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 21:41:39 +0100
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have referred the problem to a Forum administrator; I'm sure he will deal with it when he comes online (probably tomorrow)
>
> Rory

The account has been manually activated by a Forum Administrator at 06:00 this morning. If you have a copy of the "given up" email, would you please send it to me.

Rory

> On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 21:17:17 +0100
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 20:07:59 +0000
> > John Hare <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Rory
> > >
> > > Thanks for the fast reply.
> > >
> > > I will have another go but when I last tried, I was told the user name and my email address were already taken.
> > >
> > > Thanks again
> > >
> > > John Hare
> >

> > I have not administrative access to the Forum database, but I hope an admistrator who monitors this mailing list, will take the matter up. I'm going offline now - if he has not picked it up, I'll draw it to his attention tomorrow morning (12 hours)
> >
> > Rory

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>