Adding Open Office to new Apple Mini

Skip Lehman
Hi, I am not computer savvy.  I'm trying to add Open Office to my new Apple Mini computer, version 11.2. Apple won't let me, saying “OpenOffice” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified." Then it says my macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.  What to do?

Re: Adding Open Office to new Apple Mini

David Robley-2
Please read the Mac section, especially the part about Gatekeeper, of
Instructions for Downloading and Installing Apache OpenOffice 4.0, 4.1
Versions at
https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html#apple

Note - this sort of problem should be asked on the user list at
<[hidden email]>, or at the AOO forum
https://forum.openoffice.org; this mailing list is for developers.

As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to
the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally  - replies to my
personal email address will be ignored.

On 24/2/21 10:58 am, Skip Lehman wrote:
> Hi, I am not computer savvy.  I'm trying to add Open Office to my new Apple Mini computer, version 11.2. Apple won't let me, saying “OpenOffice” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified." Then it says my macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.  What to do?

Cheers
--
David Robley

Useless Invention: Reversible garbage disposal.