Administratos approval

Richard Beeston
Dear Users

I have recently created a 30000 word document in Open Office 4.1.5 and have been trying to transfer/copy to an External Hard Drive for back up purposes but each time I try to copy it a window comes up saying “ unable to copy - Administrators approval required. “ I am still editing this document and want to copy each edited document back to the back up on a twice daily basis. This situation is making the editing so precarious as I do not want to lose the whole document if I have a crash.

I am using Windows 7 and would appreciate any comments that may come.

Many Thanks

Richard

Re: Administratos approval

David Robley
On 12/08/18 09:26, Richard Beeston wrote:
> Dear Users
>
> I have recently created a 30000 word document in Open Office 4.1.5 and have been trying to transfer/copy to an External Hard Drive for back up purposes but each time I try to copy it a window comes up saying “ unable to copy - Administrators approval required. “ I am still editing this document and want to copy each edited document back to the back up on a twice daily basis. This situation is making the editing so precarious as I do not want to lose the whole document if I have a crash.
>
> I am using Windows 7 and would appreciate any comments that may come.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Richard
That is a Windows message; this site
https://superuser.com/questions/692461/admins-permission-to-copy-a-file-into-program-files-folder
seems to offer a solution. A web search for the error message will turn
up more results if needed.

cc to OP as he is not subscribed to the list.

Cheers
--
David Robley

Useless Invention: Particle board tent stakes.

Re: Administratos approval

Jackson Snyder
I would try it from the DOS run COPY command.  It is easy to do - just look
that up in a search engine.  Then I would copy it several places (if it
worked, and it should), including to a SD card or thumb drive.  Also would
try sending it up to the cloud.  I have had the same problem in the past
with MS Word, and learned to write my books in pieces using the Master
template to put them together.

Join in the Ministry!  Join the Yahad!  Information at this link
<http://joinyahad.org>.
Donate for Feasts, Events & Boot Camps
<http://www.paypal.me/VeroEsseneYahad>
Donate for my missions <http://PayPal.Me/JacksonSnyder>
[image: Picture]
*Jac**kson H. Snyder II*, M. Div.
Vero Essene Yahad <http://www.veroyahad.org>
*"Unity in Diversity, not Diversity in Conflict"*
[hidden email]  (772) 696-2167
Jackson Snyder Presents <http://www.jspresents.org> | Hebrew Nation Radio
<http://www.hebrewnationonline.com>  Contact Form
<https://www.jotform.com/72248348484162>   *Information* Form
<http://goo.gl/VGpYyv>

*Weekly Live Events*:
     TEACHING: Wednesday, 9 PM ET.
     SHABBAT SERVICES <http://theyahad.com>.  11 AM Service, Yahad teachers
& preachers., 2:30 PM Scripture Forum
     Conference Call (408) 638-0968  Meeting ID 240-482-4530
     Online Meeting with ZOOM  www.TheYahad.org
*Download 500 hours of dynamic teaching from www.JSPresents.org
<http://www.JSPresents.org>*
*Youtube Jackson Snyder Presents <http://bit.ly/2cu6pOw>*
*Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/veroyahad/
<http://www.facebook.com/groups/veroyahad/>*

<http://www.facebook.com/groups/veroyahad/>

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 7:56 PM, Richard Beeston <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear Users
>
> I have recently created a 30000 word document in Open Office 4.1.5 and
> have been trying to transfer/copy to an External Hard Drive for back up
> purposes but each time I try to copy it a window comes up saying “ unable
> to copy - Administrators approval required. “ I am still editing this
> document and want to copy each edited document back to the back up on a
> twice daily basis. This situation is making the editing so precarious as I
> do not want to lose the whole document if I have a crash.
>
> I am using Windows 7 and would appreciate any comments that may come.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Richard

Re: Administratos approval

許哲崇
Why you are not an Administrator?

Jackson Snyder <[hidden email]> 於 2018年8月12日 週日 上午9:01寫道:

> I would try it from the DOS run COPY command.  It is easy to do - just look
> that up in a search engine.  Then I would copy it several places (if it
> worked, and it should), including to a SD card or thumb drive.  Also would
> try sending it up to the cloud.  I have had the same problem in the past
> with MS Word, and learned to write my books in pieces using the Master
> template to put them together.
>
> Join in the Ministry!  Join the Yahad!  Information at this link
> <http://joinyahad.org>.
> Donate for Feasts, Events & Boot Camps
> <http://www.paypal.me/VeroEsseneYahad>
> Donate for my missions <http://PayPal.Me/JacksonSnyder>
> [image: Picture]
> *Jac**kson H. Snyder II*, M. Div.
> Vero Essene Yahad <http://www.veroyahad.org>
> *"Unity in Diversity, not Diversity in Conflict"*
> [hidden email]  (772) 696-2167
> Jackson Snyder Presents <http://www.jspresents.org> | Hebrew Nation Radio
> <http://www.hebrewnationonline.com>  Contact Form
> <https://www.jotform.com/72248348484162>   *Information* Form
> <http://goo.gl/VGpYyv>
>
> *Weekly Live Events*:
>      TEACHING: Wednesday, 9 PM ET.
>      SHABBAT SERVICES <http://theyahad.com>.  11 AM Service, Yahad
> teachers
> & preachers., 2:30 PM Scripture Forum
>      Conference Call (408) 638-0968  Meeting ID 240-482-4530
>      Online Meeting with ZOOM  www.TheYahad.org
> *Download 500 hours of dynamic teaching from www.JSPresents.org
> <http://www.JSPresents.org>*
> *Youtube Jackson Snyder Presents <http://bit.ly/2cu6pOw>*
> *Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/veroyahad/
> <http://www.facebook.com/groups/veroyahad/>*
>
> <http://www.facebook.com/groups/veroyahad/>
>
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 7:56 PM, Richard Beeston <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear Users
> >
> > I have recently created a 30000 word document in Open Office 4.1.5 and
> > have been trying to transfer/copy to an External Hard Drive for back up
> > purposes but each time I try to copy it a window comes up saying “ unable
> > to copy - Administrators approval required. “ I am still editing this
> > document and want to copy each edited document back to the back up on a
> > twice daily basis. This situation is making the editing so precarious as
> > do not want to lose the whole document if I have a crash.
> >
> > I am using Windows 7 and would appreciate any comments that may come.
> >
> > Many Thanks
> >
> > Richard

Re: Administratos approval

Jackson Snyder
Did it work?  Not an administrator, but I have been working with computer
word processing programs since the 70s, and have in that time run into all
kinds of bugs and snafus.  I try to remember solutions ro write them down
because if it happens once, it will surely happen again.  Thank you.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 9:42 AM, 許哲崇 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why you are not an Administrator?
>
> Jackson Snyder <[hidden email]> 於 2018年8月12日 週日 上午9:01寫道:
>
> > I would try it from the DOS run COPY command.  It is easy to do - just
> look
> > that up in a search engine.  Then I would copy it several places (if it
> > worked, and it should), including to a SD card or thumb drive.  Also
> would
> > try sending it up to the cloud.  I have had the same problem in the past
> > with MS Word, and learned to write my books in pieces using the Master
> > template to put them together.
> >
> > Join in the Ministry!  Join the Yahad!  Information at this link
> > <http://joinyahad.org>.
> > Donate for Feasts, Events & Boot Camps
> > <http://www.paypal.me/VeroEsseneYahad>
> > Donate for my missions <http://PayPal.Me/JacksonSnyder>
> > [image: Picture]
> > *Jac**kson H. Snyder II*, M. Div.
> > Vero Essene Yahad <http://www.veroyahad.org>
> > *"Unity in Diversity, not Diversity in Conflict"*
> > [hidden email]  (772) 696-2167
> > Jackson Snyder Presents <http://www.jspresents.org> | Hebrew Nation
> Radio
> > <http://www.hebrewnationonline.com>  Contact Form
> > <https://www.jotform.com/72248348484162>   *Information* Form
> > <http://goo.gl/VGpYyv>
> >
> > *Weekly Live Events*:
> >      TEACHING: Wednesday, 9 PM ET.
> >      SHABBAT SERVICES <http://theyahad.com>.  11 AM Service, Yahad
> > teachers
> > & preachers., 2:30 PM Scripture Forum
> >      Conference Call (408) 638-0968  Meeting ID 240-482-4530
> >      Online Meeting with ZOOM  www.TheYahad.org
> > *Download 500 hours of dynamic teaching from www.JSPresents.org
> > <http://www.JSPresents.org>*
> > *Youtube Jackson Snyder Presents <http://bit.ly/2cu6pOw>*
> > *Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/veroyahad/
> > <http://www.facebook.com/groups/veroyahad/>*
> >
> > <http://www.facebook.com/groups/veroyahad/>
> >
> > On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 7:56 PM, Richard Beeston <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Users
> > >
> > > I have recently created a 30000 word document in Open Office 4.1.5 and
> > > have been trying to transfer/copy to an External Hard Drive for back up
> > > purposes but each time I try to copy it a window comes up saying “
> unable
> > > to copy - Administrators approval required. “ I am still editing this
> > > document and want to copy each edited document back to the back up on a
> > > twice daily basis. This situation is making the editing so precarious
> as
> > > do not want to lose the whole document if I have a crash.
> > >
> > > I am using Windows 7 and would appreciate any comments that may come.
> > >
> > > Many Thanks
> > >
> > > Richard

Re: Administratos approval

Maurice Howe-2
Good grief !!!

Cease adding acres of religious text to posts.  If that means using a
separate (gmail?) acct just for blog posts, then BY ALL MEANS do that.

What you elect to send to OTHE recipients is, of course, your own affair.
But religion HAS NO PLACE in Apache OpenOffice (or any other blog) posts.

It's a colossal nuisance to have to wade through all that stuff, looking
for relevant blog material.

So please CEASE !!!!!!!

Maurice Howe

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 1:39 PM, Jackson Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > > Donate for Feasts, Events & Boot Camps
> > > <http://www.paypal.me/VeroEsseneYahad>
> > > Donate for my missions <http://PayPal.Me/JacksonSnyder>
> > > [image: Picture]
> > > *Jac**kson H. Snyder II*, M. Div.
> > > Vero Essene Yahad <http://www.veroyahad.org>
> > > *"Unity in Diversity, not Diversity in Conflict"*
> > > [hidden email]  (772) 696-2167
> > > Jackson Snyder Presents <http://www.jspresents.org> | Hebrew Nation
> > Radio
> > > <http://www.hebrewnationonline.com>  Contact Form
> > > <https://www.jotform.com/72248348484162>   *Information* Form
> > > <http://goo.gl/VGpYyv>
> > >
> > > *Weekly Live Events*:
> > >      TEACHING: Wednesday, 9 PM ET.
> > >      SHABBAT SERVICES <http://theyahad.com>.  11 AM Service, Yahad
> > > teachers
> > > & preachers., 2:30 PM Scripture Forum
> > >      Conference Call (408) 638-0968  Meeting ID 240-482-4530

Re: Administratos approval

Howard Blum
Thanks for saying that.

I don't need anyone pushing their religion on others.

HEY ADMIN, if he doesn't stop please block him so we can be spared his
religious bullshit.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018, 12:46 PM Maurice Howe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > <https://www.jotform.com/72248348484162>   *Information* Form
> > <http://goo.gl/VGpYyv>
> >
> > *Weekly Live Events*:
> >      TEACHING: Wednesday, 9 PM ET.
> >      SHABBAT SERVICES <http://theyahad.com>.  11 AM Service, Yahad
> > teachers
> > & preachers., 2:30 PM Scripture Forum
> >      Conference Call (408) 638-0968  Meeting ID 240-482-4530
> >      Online Meeting with ZOOM  www.TheYahad.org
> > *Download 500 hours of dynamic teaching from www.JSPresents.org
> > <http://www.JSPresents.org>*
> > *Youtube Jackson Snyder Presents <http://bit.ly/2cu6pOw>*
> > *Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/veroyahad/
> > <http://www.facebook.com/groups/veroyahad/>*
> >
> > <http://www.facebook.com/groups/veroyahad/>
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 9:42 AM, 許哲崇 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Why you are not an Administrator?
> > >
> > > Jackson Snyder <[hidden email]> 於 2018年8月12日 週日 上午9:01寫道:

Re: Administratos approval

Dave Fisher
Please watch your language too! Be polite. Thank you very much.

> [...]
>>> Donate for Feasts, Events & Boot Camps
>>> <http://www.paypal.me/VeroEsseneYahad>
>>> Donate for my missions <http://PayPal.Me/JacksonSnyder>
>>> [image: Picture]
>>> *Jac**kson H. Snyder II*, M. Div.
>>> Vero Essene Yahad <http://www.veroyahad.org>
>>> *"Unity in Diversity, not Diversity in Conflict"*
>>> [hidden email]  (772) 696-2167
>>> Jackson Snyder Presents <http://www.jspresents.org> | Hebrew Nation
>> Radio
>>> <http://www.hebrewnationonline.com>  Contact Form
>>> <https://www.jotform.com/72248348484162>   *Information* Form
>>> <http://goo.gl/VGpYyv>
>>>
>>> *Weekly Live Events*:
>>>     TEACHING: Wednesday, 9 PM ET.
>>>     SHABBAT SERVICES <http://theyahad.com>.  11 AM Service, Yahad
>>> teachers
>>> & preachers., 2:30 PM Scripture Forum
>>>     Conference Call (408) 638-0968  Meeting ID 240-482-4530

Re: Administratos approval

Jackson Snyder
WOW!  I have been participating in this group for a long time.  The
religion is what I do.  It's my work.  It's in my email signature.  It goes
out with my mail.  I certainly had no intention of stirring anyone up.  I
was only answering a woman that I helped on this forum.  I believe your
reply to me is entirely inappropriate, far moreso than my signature.
Certainly, take me out of your faith-hater's club.  I will advise my
mailing list with your view of me and of faith-based employers, put up a
couple videos on youtube, on my blogs, and among my open office user
friends of your incredible outright bigotry and lack of civility.  Goodbye.

Re: Administratos approval

Dave Fisher
Apologies.

Folks - Apache OpenOffice has been downloaded from almost every country / location.

Please allow for diversity and ignore the flaws you perceive in others. Be here to help and not enforce your world view.

Got it?

Thanks!

Regards,
Dave