All words underlined as misspelled.

John Biskup

I love your program very much. All of the sudden every word in my document is underlined in red as misspelled. How do I correct this? I have English as my language.
Thanks, John

Re: All words underlined as misspelled.

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 21 May 2019 17:44:21 +0000
John Biskup <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I love your program very much. All of the sudden every word in my document is underlined in red as misspelled. How do I correct this? I have English as my language.
> Thanks, John

Try renaming your OO user profile.

If you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a good choice. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems.

This happens usually because the computer has been powered off too hastily or the laptop lid closed before the internal buffers of the hard drive have flushed to the disks.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: All words underlined as misspelled.

John Biskup
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
I either didn't understand the directions or it didn't work for me.
I even downloaded version 4.1.6 and I'm having the same problem.
Any other advice?
Thanks John
________________________________

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re[2]: All words underlined as misspelled.

Amin Jacek Pędziwiater
Just locate the "OpenOffice" folder in the hard disk in which the "4"
folder is located, where the "user" folder should go and change its name
to "user.old". Do not forget to close all OpenOffice applications first.
To find and change the name of the correct folder, use Windows Explorer
if you are using Windows. Highlight the folder, right-click and select
the "change name" option. And then do it. Restart OpenOffice (Writer)
and, according to Rory, the problem should be solved. Probably.