Alphabetical order of languages in drop-down list on download page

Alphabetical order of languages in drop-down list on download page

Aivaras Stepukonis
Hi,

Can someone, please, tell me what has to be done to order the languages
in the drop-down list on the download page? The German page
<https://www.openoffice.org/de/download/> has it right. I would like to
reproduce it on the Lithuanian page
<https://www.openoffice.org/lt/download/>.

Regards,

Aivaras

Re: Alphabetical order of languages in drop-down list on download page

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello Aivaras,
hello member of the German Mailing List,

I send this mail to the German mailing list.

Maybe someone there can help.

Kind regards

Mechtilde

PS. Bitte antwortet auf englisch und nehmt Aivaras Stepukonis mit ins
CC. Vielen Dank

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice.org

Re: Alphabetical order of languages in drop-down list on download page

Matthias Seidel
Hi Aivaras,

What do you mean by "right order"?

I had a closer look at the German download page and the drop-down list
is definitely not ordered alphabetically.

Regards, Matthias

Am 02.11.2017 um 00:56 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone, please, tell me what has to be done to order the
> languages in the drop-down list on the download page? The German page
> <https://www.openoffice.org/de/download/> has it right. I would like
> to reproduce it on the Lithuanian page
> <https://www.openoffice.org/lt/download/>.
>
> Regards,
>
> Aivaras

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Alphabetical order of languages in drop-down list on download page

Marcus (OOo)
> What do you mean by "right order"?
>
> I had a closer look at the German download page and the drop-down list
> is definitely not ordered alphabetically.

I think he meant the English webpage. There everything is in the correct
order.

>> Can someone, please, tell me what has to be done to order the
>> languages in the drop-down list on the download page? The German page
>> <https://www.openoffice.org/de/download/> has it right. I would like
>> to reproduce it on the Lithuanian page
>> <https://www.openoffice.org/lt/download/>.

I don't have an idea now. But would try to find a way to customize the
item order for every language separately.

Please give me some time.

Thanks

Marcus

Am 02.11.2017 um 20:09 schrieb Marcus:

>> What do you mean by "right order"?
>>
>> I had a closer look at the German download page and the drop-down list
>> is definitely not ordered alphabetically.
>
> I think he meant the English webpage. There everything is in the correct
> order.
>
>>> Can someone, please, tell me what has to be done to order the
>>> languages in the drop-down list on the download page? The German page
>>> <https://www.openoffice.org/de/download/> has it right. I would like
>>> to reproduce it on the Lithuanian page
>>> <https://www.openoffice.org/lt/download/>.
>
> I don't have an idea now. But would try to find a way to customize the
> item order for every language separately.
>
> Please give me some time.

sorry for the delay. It took longer than wanted - also due to my $dayjob.

But now I think I've a solution and it's working. I've prepared a
Lithuanian test webpage [1] in our staging area. Please have a look and
do some tests.

[1] http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index.html

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Marcus

Re: Alphabetical order of languages in drop-down list on download page

Matthias Seidel
Hi Marcus,

Am 02.12.2017 um 19:34 schrieb Marcus:

> Am 02.11.2017 um 20:09 schrieb Marcus:
>>> What do you mean by "right order"?
>>>
>>> I had a closer look at the German download page and the drop-down list
>>> is definitely not ordered alphabetically.
>>
>> I think he meant the English webpage. There everything is in the
>> correct order.

>> I don't have an idea now. But would try to find a way to customize
>> the item order for every language separately.
>>
>> Please give me some time.
>
> sorry for the delay. It took longer than wanted - also due to my $dayjob.
>
> But now I think I've a solution and it's working. I've prepared a
> Lithuanian test webpage [1] in our staging area. Please have a look
> and do some tests.
>
> [1] http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index.html
The dropdown list looks good, but if I want to download from Sourceforge
it says:

"The "/4.1.4/binaries/lt/A.._x86_langpack_de.exe" file could not be
found or is not available. Please select another file."

Note the /lt/ in the path, this should be /de/ (in this particular case).

Regards, Matthias

> Thanks in advance for your feedback.
>
> Marcus

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Alphabetical order of languages in drop-down list on download page

Marcus (OOo)

> Am 02.12.2017 um 19:34 schrieb Marcus:

>>> I think he meant the English webpage. There everything is in the
>>> correct order.

>>> I don't have an idea now. But would try to find a way to customize
>>> the item order for every language separately.
>>>
>>> Please give me some time.
>>
>> sorry for the delay. It took longer than wanted - also due to my $dayjob.
>>
>> But now I think I've a solution and it's working. I've prepared a
>> Lithuanian test webpage [1] in our staging area. Please have a look
>> and do some tests.
>>
>> [1] http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index.html
>
> The dropdown list looks good, but if I want to download from Sourceforge
> it says:
>
> "The "/4.1.4/binaries/lt/A.._x86_langpack_de.exe" file could not be
> found or is not available. Please select another file."
>
> Note the /lt/ in the path, this should be /de/ (in this particular case).

thanks for testing.
A variable assignment was missing. Now it should work.

@Aivaras:
I took care of a correct language sorting. But please check for yourself
as my Lithuanian is very bad. ;-)

Thanks

Marcus

Am 02.12.2017 um 22:52 schrieb Marcus:

>>> sorry for the delay. It took longer than wanted - also due to my
>>> $dayjob.
>>>
>>> But now I think I've a solution and it's working. I've prepared a
>>> Lithuanian test webpage [1] in our staging area. Please have a look
>>> and do some tests.
>>>
>>> [1] http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index.html
>>
>> The dropdown list looks good, but if I want to download from Sourceforge
>> it says:
>>
>> "The "/4.1.4/binaries/lt/A.._x86_langpack_de.exe" file could not be
>> found or is not available. Please select another file."
>>
>> Note the /lt/ in the path, this should be /de/ (in this particular
>> case).
>
> thanks for testing.
> A variable assignment was missing. Now it should work.
Works for me! ;-) Thanks!

Matthias

> @Aivaras:
> I took care of a correct language sorting. But please check for
> yourself as my Lithuanian is very bad. ;-)
>
> Thanks
>
> Marcus

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Alphabetical order of languages in drop-down list on download page

Marcus (OOo)
@Aivaras:
Thanks a lot for your help to update the strings and feedback by private
mail.

Now as it is confirmed that it works I'll add it to the production area.
It seems that I'll have the most free time on Friday, so please be
patient until then. ;-)

Marcus

>>> The dropdown list looks good, but if I want to download from Sourceforge
>>> it says:
>>>
>>> "The "/4.1.4/binaries/lt/A.._x86_langpack_de.exe" file could not be
>>> found or is not available. Please select another file."
>>>
>>> Note the /lt/ in the path, this should be /de/ (in this particular
>>> case).
>>
>> thanks for testing.
>> A variable assignment was missing. Now it should work.
>
> Works for me! ;-) Thanks!
>
> Matthias
>

>> @Aivaras:
>> I took care of a correct language sorting. But please check for
>> yourself as my Lithuanian is very bad. ;-)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Marcus

Re: Alphabetical order of languages in drop-down list on download page

Marcus (OOo)
I've now put it to our production area.

In order to use this new feature you need to fill the variable
"l10n.dl_green_box_select_box_lang_values_custom". This can be found it
in the file "msg_prop_l10n_<ISO-code>.js" [1]. An example can be seen in
the "xx" template files [2].

[1] .../<ISO-code>/download/msg_prop_l10n_<ISO-code>.js
[2] .../xx/download/msg_prop_l10n_xx.js

Marcus