Any filter examples?

Gautham Kasinath
Hello all,

Well, I was wondering if there are any example/sample codes around for
import/export filters, which perhaps write the contents of a document
(un-formatted, ascii, w/o xml markup) on to file system, before any document
is loaded on the OOo desktop?

I have been reading the chapter 6 in the dev guide, which talk about
filters, but I sure can use some sample codes or more reading material on
the topic.

Thanks a bunch.

Cheers

G.

BTW, since I am not sure if all my mails to the list are getting through, I
am copying this mail to the [hidden email] list too. Moderators, sorry
about that, but perhaps you can explain why my mails aren't getting through
on the [hidden email] list. The problem I have is that, I don't
receive the mail that I send, from the list and it doesn't show up on the
archives for Jan 2006 either.

Gautham Kasinath
Masters Student
School of Computing and Information Science
Edith Cowan University
Mt. Lawley Campus
Perth

IM: [hidden email], [hidden email]
AOL Screen name: gkasinath42
Mobile: 0433 904 011

Home phone: 61 8 9444 8154

Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/gkasinath
The world is what it is, and we are what we are. - Maria Puzo (Godfather)

Re: Any filter examples?

Andreas Schlüns
Hello Gautham,

> Hello all,
>
> Well, I was wondering if there are any example/sample codes around for
> import/export filters, which perhaps write the contents of a document
> (un-formatted, ascii, w/o xml markup) on to file system, before any document
> is loaded on the OOo desktop?

???
How an export filter should be able to generate content on disc, if no
document was still loaded before ?

On the other side there exists import/export filters for plain ascii
text. What do you request from a new implemented filter ?

> I have been reading the chapter 6 in the dev guide, which talk about
> filters, but I sure can use some sample codes or more reading material on
> the topic.

The chapters inside the DevGuide describes how a filter can be
implemented and registered for OOo in general.

Of course ... describing the internal things of all our implemented
filters make no sense. Because then you will read something about the
supported formats and it's structure.

Regards
Andreas