Any way to change size of checkboxes etc in forms?

Any way to change size of checkboxes etc in forms?

Jean Hollis Weber-3
Is there any way to change the size of the checkboxes, option buttons,
and other symbols used in form controls? I haven't been able to find
it, but when using a checkbox (etc) in a form with large type in the
text, the size of the checkbox is very small by comparison.

I hope I'm just missing something...

--Jean

Re: Any way to change size of checkboxes etc in forms?

deleeuw3
If you are using Adobe LiveCycle Designer (cs3 for me) you can change
the point size on the checkbox to any size you wish.

Alan

On 3/3/2010 4:10 PM, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:

> Is there any way to change the size of the checkboxes, option buttons,
> and other symbols used in form controls? I haven't been able to find
> it, but when using a checkbox (etc) in a form with large type in the
> text, the size of the checkbox is very small by comparison.
>
> I hope I'm just missing something...
>
> --Jean

Re: Any way to change size of checkboxes etc in forms?

Jean Hollis Weber-3
Um... this question was referring to creating forms in OOo Writer.
We're documenting OOo, so it's pretty irrelevant what an Adobe product
will do... especially one that doesn't run on Linux.

--Jean

deleeuw3 wrote:

> If you are using Adobe LiveCycle Designer (cs3 for me) you can change
> the point size on the checkbox to any size you wish.
>
> Alan
>
> On 3/3/2010 4:10 PM, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
>> Is there any way to change the size of the checkboxes, option buttons,
>> and other symbols used in form controls? I haven't been able to find
>> it, but when using a checkbox (etc) in a form with large type in the
>> text, the size of the checkbox is very small by comparison.
>>
>> I hope I'm just missing something...
>>
>> --Jean

Re: Any way to change size of checkboxes etc in forms?

deleeuw3
ok.  although usually i find there are cross-platform similarities in
design.

Alan

On 3/3/2010 5:50 PM, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:

> Um... this question was referring to creating forms in OOo Writer.
> We're documenting OOo, so it's pretty irrelevant what an Adobe product
> will do... especially one that doesn't run on Linux.
>
> --Jean
>
> deleeuw3 wrote:
>> If you are using Adobe LiveCycle Designer (cs3 for me) you can change
>> the point size on the checkbox to any size you wish.
>>
>> Alan
>>
>> On 3/3/2010 4:10 PM, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
>>> Is there any way to change the size of the checkboxes, option
>>> buttons, and other symbols used in form controls? I haven't been
>>> able to find it, but when using a checkbox (etc) in a form with
>>> large type in the text, the size of the checkbox is very small by
>>> comparison.
>>>
>>> I hope I'm just missing something...
>>>
>>> --Jean

Re: Any way to change size of checkboxes etc in forms?

Jean Hollis Weber-3
Hmmm.... does Adobe LiveCycle Designer actually let you change the
size of a form control checkbox? I can't recall if MS Word does it.

If I use a checkbox symbol that isn't part of a form control (that is,
just a symbol from an ordinary font, not a form control), I can make
it any size I want. But not a form control checkbox. --Jean

deleeuw3 wrote:

> ok.  although usually i find there are cross-platform similarities in
> design.
>
> Alan
>
> On 3/3/2010 5:50 PM, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
>> Um... this question was referring to creating forms in OOo Writer.
>> We're documenting OOo, so it's pretty irrelevant what an Adobe product
>> will do... especially one that doesn't run on Linux.
>>
>> --Jean
>>
>> deleeuw3 wrote:
>>> If you are using Adobe LiveCycle Designer (cs3 for me) you can change
>>> the point size on the checkbox to any size you wish.
>>>
>>> Alan

Re: Any way to change size of checkboxes etc in forms?

deleeuw3
Yes.  I tested it before I posted.

Alan

On 3/3/2010 6:35 PM, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:

> Hmmm.... does Adobe LiveCycle Designer actually let you change the
> size of a form control checkbox? I can't recall if MS Word does it.
>
> If I use a checkbox symbol that isn't part of a form control (that is,
> just a symbol from an ordinary font, not a form control), I can make
> it any size I want. But not a form control checkbox. --Jean
>
> deleeuw3 wrote:
>> ok.  although usually i find there are cross-platform similarities in
>> design.
>>
>> Alan
>>
>> On 3/3/2010 5:50 PM, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
>>> Um... this question was referring to creating forms in OOo Writer.
>>> We're documenting OOo, so it's pretty irrelevant what an Adobe
>>> product will do... especially one that doesn't run on Linux.
>>>
>>> --Jean

Re: Any way to change size of checkboxes etc in forms?

Claire Wood
I have an issue with the radio buttons.  I was designing forms last week to
take screen shots for Mariano's guide and you can't resize them.  They look
awfully small as it is, but considering they are in screenshots, they're
even smaller again!

Claire

On 3 March 2010 05:10, Jean Hollis Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there any way to change the size of the checkboxes, option buttons, and
> other symbols used in form controls? I haven't been able to find it, but
> when using a checkbox (etc) in a form with large type in the text, the size
> of the checkbox is very small by comparison.
>
> I hope I'm just missing something...
>
> --Jean

Best wishes

Claire Wood