Apache OpenOffice Project Information

12

Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

Like every ASF projects we do have Project Informations:

https://projects.apache.org/project.html?openoffice

The data is taken from this file:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/site/trunk/content/doap_openoffice.rdf

I would like to have it updated, esp. for the repository change from
Subversion to Git.

There is a tool for creating such a file:

https://projects.apache.org/create.html

Any Opinions? Volunteers? ;-)

@Andrea: You are listed as project data maintainer, is this still current?

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Peter Kovacs-3
yea, the subversion should be changed. Maybe the summary could be
checked, if we can use the project summary we give in the reports.

I am not volunteering. I am already on to many topics.

> Hi all,
>
> Like every ASF projects we do have Project Informations:
>
> https://projects.apache.org/project.html?openoffice
>
> The data is taken from this file:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/site/trunk/content/doap_openoffice.rdf
>
> I would like to have it updated, esp. for the repository change from
> Subversion to Git.
>
> There is a tool for creating such a file:
>
> https://projects.apache.org/create.html
>
> Any Opinions? Volunteers? ;-)
>
> @Andrea: You are listed as project data maintainer, is this still current?
>
> Regards,
>
>     Matthias

Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Marcus (OOo)
Am 12.04.20 um 22:13 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> yea, the subversion should be changed. Maybe the summary could be
> checked, if we can use the project summary we give in the reports.

this was also my idea. ;-)

@Matthias:
But why creating a new file? The existing one can be updated.

Marcus

>> Like every ASF projects we do have Project Informations:
>>
>> https://projects.apache.org/project.html?openoffice
>>
>> The data is taken from this file:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/site/trunk/content/doap_openoffice.rdf
>>

>> I would like to have it updated, esp. for the repository change from
>> Subversion to Git.
>>
>> There is a tool for creating such a file:
>>
>> https://projects.apache.org/create.html
>>
>> Any Opinions? Volunteers? ;-)
>>
>> @Andrea: You are listed as project data maintainer, is this still
>> current?

Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Matthias Seidel
Hi Marcus,

Am 12.04.20 um 23:49 schrieb Marcus:
> Am 12.04.20 um 22:13 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> yea, the subversion should be changed. Maybe the summary could be
>> checked, if we can use the project summary we give in the reports.
>
> this was also my idea. ;-)
>
> @Matthias:
> But why creating a new file? The existing one can be updated.

The output would be the same?

It is easier to create a new one than to "hack" the old one...

Matthias

> Marcus

>>> Like every ASF projects we do have Project Informations:
>>>
>>> https://projects.apache.org/project.html?openoffice
>>>
>>> The data is taken from this file:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/site/trunk/content/doap_openoffice.rdf
>>>

>>> I would like to have it updated, esp. for the repository change from
>>> Subversion to Git.
>>>
>>> There is a tool for creating such a file:
>>>
>>> https://projects.apache.org/create.html
>>>
>>> Any Opinions? Volunteers? ;-)
>>>
>>> @Andrea: You are listed as project data maintainer, is this still
>>> current?

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

RE: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Jörg Schmidt-2

It would be good if it could be added that AOO also implements ISO/IEC 26300-1:2015.

greetings,
Jörg

Am 13.04.20 um 09:31 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:

> [...]

sure.

In order to have some more context an addition like "Apache OpenOffice
supports Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument)
version 1.2 - ISO/IEC 26300-1:2015" or similar would be interesting. ;-)

Marcus

Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Marcus (OOo)

> Am 12.04.20 um 23:49 schrieb Marcus:
>> Am 12.04.20 um 22:13 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>>> yea, the subversion should be changed. Maybe the summary could be
>>> checked, if we can use the project summary we give in the reports.
>>
>> this was also my idea. ;-)
>>
>> @Matthias:
>> But why creating a new file? The existing one can be updated.
>
> The output would be the same?
>
> It is easier to create a new one than to "hack" the old one...

OK, if it's easier for you than do it.
I just thought that exchanging 2 things is not that complex. However,
when I now look at the creating webpage [1] I think double-checking the
existing content is a good idea. ;-)

Some suggestions:

Category:
Content
Like it is today, all other doesn't make sense IMHO.

License:
Need to be new as the current link is broken:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html

Short description:
Apache OpenOffice is an open-source, office-document productivity suite.

Long description:
Apache OpenOffice is an open-source office-document productivity suite.
There are six productivity applications based around the OpenDocument
Format (ODF) that are Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math, Base. With
limited support for many other file formats, OpenOffice ships for
Windows, macOS, Linux 64-bit (DEB + RPM), Linux 32-bit (DEB + RPM) and
in 41 languages. OpenOffice supports the Open Document Format for Office
Applications (ODF) version 1.2 - ISO/IEC 26300-1:2015.

The remaining stuff can be left as it is today.

You can verify the changes or new file with this tool [2].

[1] https://projects.apache.org/create.html
[2] https://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/

HTH

Marcus

Am 13.04.20 um 09:53 schrieb Marcus:

> Am 13.04.20 um 09:31 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:

That is already listed under "Implemented standards" for ages. I don't
think it belongs in a *description*.

Matthias

Am 13.04.20 um 10:12 schrieb Marcus:

>>> this was also my idea. ;-)
>>>
>>> @Matthias:
>>> But why creating a new file? The existing one can be updated.
>>
>> The output would be the same?
>>
>> It is easier to create a new one than to "hack" the old one...
>
> OK, if it's easier for you than do it.
Of course it is easier, but to be clear: I will not do it. ;-)

Matthias

> I just thought that exchanging 2 things is not that complex. However,
> when I now look at the creating webpage [1] I think double-checking
> the existing content is a good idea. ;-)
>
> Some suggestions:
>
> Category:
> Content
> Like it is today, all other doesn't make sense IMHO.
>
> License:
> Need to be new as the current link is broken:
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
>
> Short description:
> Apache OpenOffice is an open-source, office-document productivity suite.
>
> Long description:
> Apache OpenOffice is an open-source office-document productivity
> suite. There are six productivity applications based around the
> OpenDocument Format (ODF) that are Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math,
> Base. With limited support for many other file formats, OpenOffice
> ships for Windows, macOS, Linux 64-bit (DEB + RPM), Linux 32-bit (DEB
> + RPM) and in 41 languages. OpenOffice supports the Open Document
> Format for Office Applications (ODF) version 1.2 - ISO/IEC 26300-1:2015.
>
> The remaining stuff can be left as it is today.
>
> You can verify the changes or new file with this tool [2].
>
> [1] https://projects.apache.org/create.html
> [2] https://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/
>
> HTH
>
> Marcus

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Marcus (OOo)

ah, I've overlooked the last entry in the XML file. However, "ISO/IEC
26300-1:2006" means ODF v1.0. IMHO it's better to mention "ISO/IEC
26300:2015" for ODF v1.2 like:

Title OpenDocument Format
Body OASIS
ID 26300:2015
URL https://www.iso.org/standard/66363.html

Marcus

Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Marcus (OOo)

>>> The output would be the same?
>>>
>>> It is easier to create a new one than to "hack" the old one...
>>
>> OK, if it's easier for you than do it.
>
> Of course it is easier, but to be clear: I will not do it. ;-)

sure, it's your decision.

Marcus

RE: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Jörg Schmidt-2

What exactly do you mean? Is Marcus' description too long?

This may be possible, only for a short description the ISO standard and not the OASIS standard would be the more important information and therefore I would write in https://projects.apache.org/project.html?openoffice:

Implemented standards:
*ISO/IEC 26300-1:2015

or:

Implemented standards:
*ISO/IEC 26300-1:2015
*OASIS 26300:2006: OpenDocument

Jörg

RE: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Jörg Schmidt-2

+1

Jörg

Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 12/04/2020 Matthias Seidel wrote:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/site/trunk/content/doap_openoffice.rdf
> I would like to have it updated, esp. for the repository change from
> Subversion to Git.
>
> There is a tool for creating such a file:
> https://projects.apache.org/create.html

The tool is for initial creation as it says in the first lines; but it
doesn't harm to re-run it from scratch and ensure differences in the
generated XML are as expected.

> @Andrea: You are listed as project data maintainer, is this still current?

I can update it, sure. If I recall correctly, this used to be done at
every release before we had a different way to track releases, so it's
been a while since the last update.

The updates I see now, as discussed, are:

1. Source from Git

2. ISO for ODF 1.2 (ISO/IEC 26300:2015)

Anything else? Or I will just regenerate, check the diffs with respect
to the current one, and commit. Of course, we can accommodate other
suggestions at any time, generating/editing the file is quick.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

> On 12/04/2020 Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/site/trunk/content/doap_openoffice.rdf
>>
>> I would like to have it updated, esp. for the repository change from
>> Subversion to Git.
>>
>> There is a tool for creating such a file:
>> https://projects.apache.org/create.html
>
> The tool is for initial creation as it says in the first lines; but it
> doesn't harm to re-run it from scratch and ensure differences in the
> generated XML are as expected.
>
>> @Andrea: You are listed as project data maintainer, is this still
>> current?
>
> I can update it, sure. If I recall correctly, this used to be done at
> every release before we had a different way to track releases, so it's
> been a while since the last update.
Thanks!

We still update it for every release [1] and I did manually change some
links a while ago. But it was never really "overhauled".

Regards,

   Matthias

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/How+to+Cook+a+Release#HowtoCookaRelease-Apache'sprojectdata(DOAPRDFdata)

> The updates I see now, as discussed, are:
>
> 1. Source from Git
>
> 2. ISO for ODF 1.2 (ISO/IEC 26300:2015)
>
> Anything else? Or I will just regenerate, check the diffs with respect
> to the current one, and commit. Of course, we can accommodate other
> suggestions at any time, generating/editing the file is quick.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

> On 12/04/2020 Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/site/trunk/content/doap_openoffice.rdf
>>
>> I would like to have it updated, esp. for the repository change from
>> Subversion to Git.
>>
>> There is a tool for creating such a file:
>> https://projects.apache.org/create.html
>
> The tool is for initial creation as it says in the first lines; but it
> doesn't harm to re-run it from scratch and ensure differences in the
> generated XML are as expected.
>
>> @Andrea: You are listed as project data maintainer, is this still
>> current?
>
> I can update it, sure. If I recall correctly, this used to be done at
> every release before we had a different way to track releases, so it's
> been a while since the last update.
>
> The updates I see now, as discussed, are:
>
> 1. Source from Git
>
> 2. ISO for ODF 1.2 (ISO/IEC 26300:2015)
>
> Anything else? Or I will just regenerate, check the diffs with respect
> to the current one, and commit. Of course, we can accommodate other
> suggestions at any time, generating/editing the file is quick.
Any news on this one?

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
>   Andrea.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

After the release of AOO 4.1.8 it is time to bump this topic up again.

Our Project Information still lists SVN as Code Repository. We moved to
Git long ago.
People who look into SVN will get the impression that there is
absolutely no development going on...

Is it possible to update the data now?

Regards,

   Matthias

> Hi Andrea,
>
> Am 13.04.20 um 17:26 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>> On 12/04/2020 Matthias Seidel wrote:
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/site/trunk/content/doap_openoffice.rdf
>>>
>>> I would like to have it updated, esp. for the repository change from
>>> Subversion to Git.
>>>
>>> There is a tool for creating such a file:
>>> https://projects.apache.org/create.html
>> The tool is for initial creation as it says in the first lines; but it
>> doesn't harm to re-run it from scratch and ensure differences in the
>> generated XML are as expected.
>>
>>> @Andrea: You are listed as project data maintainer, is this still
>>> current?
>> I can update it, sure. If I recall correctly, this used to be done at
>> every release before we had a different way to track releases, so it's
>> been a while since the last update.
>>
>> The updates I see now, as discussed, are:
>>
>> 1. Source from Git
>>
>> 2. ISO for ODF 1.2 (ISO/IEC 26300:2015)
>>
>> Anything else? Or I will just regenerate, check the diffs with respect
>> to the current one, and commit. Of course, we can accommodate other
>> suggestions at any time, generating/editing the file is quick.
> Any news on this one?
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
>> Regards,
>>   Andrea.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Dave Fisher-2
The file in question is here:

https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project/blob/main/content/doap_openoffice.rdf <https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project/blob/main/content/doap_openoffice.rdf>

Compare it with this:

https://projects.apache.org/project.html?openoffice <https://projects.apache.org/project.html?openoffice>

If you update it the new git then that will go live once we make the switch.

Regards,
Dave

Dave Fisher wrote:
> The file in question is here:
> https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project/blob/main/content/doap_openoffice.rdf

You can leave further updates to this file to me for this weekend. I'll
regenerate it from the standard template, just in case something changed
there too.

I mean I'll update the copy in the new repository, not the online one:
if I got it correctly, we don't have a process for bringing all updates
from the old infrastructure (which is still writable, right?) to the new
one, so I will push to the new repositories only.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

> Dave Fisher wrote:
>> The file in question is here:
>> https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project/blob/main/content/doap_openoffice.rdf
>>

> You can leave further updates to this file to me for this weekend.
> I'll regenerate it from the standard template, just in case something
> changed there too.
>
> I mean I'll update the copy in the new repository, not the online one:
> if I got it correctly, we don't have a process for bringing all
> updates from the old infrastructure (which is still writable, right?)
> to the new one, so I will push to the new repositories only.
Thanks for that!
Please update it in the new repository.

But I'd like to have that information updated asap, so I will probably
copy it to online version in SVN then.

Regards,

   Matthias