Apache for Mac Big Sur?

Drueann Benson
Hello,
Does Apache Open Office run on MacBook Pro/Big Sur yet?
Thanks,
Drueann

Re: Apache for Mac Big Sur?

Dave Fisher-2
Hi -

What fails currently with OpenOffice on BigSur is opening Microsoft Office Open XML files - docx, xlsx, pptx, and the rest.

A new release 4.1.9 is in the pipeline which has been confirmed by French user forum members to fix this issue.

The release will take a week to three weeks to go through our volunteer’s testing. If you are interested in helping test then please join the developer list at [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>.

Regards,
Dave

> On Jan 4, 2021, at 11:08 AM, Drueann Benson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> Does Apache Open Office run on MacBook Pro/Big Sur yet?
> Thanks,
> Drueann

Re: Apache for Mac Big Sur?

David Belina-2
I have it running on my MacBook Pro with Big Sur and it works very well.  You just have to make sure you follow the instruction for Mac because it is unsigned (according to Apple)