Apache open office 4.1.7

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Apache open office 4.1.7

Carol Russell
open office will not print out information to my printer.  Printer will only
print out blank sheet. I have cheked out everything before e-mailing you.
Please respond, I use  this site on a daily bases.  Respectively Yours Carol
Russell

 

 

 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ODP: Apache open office 4.1.7

Amin Jacek Pędziwiater
Do you really checked out Everything on your machine (System’s device drivers) and the peripheral device (Printer: e.g. the status of ink in the printer or the condition of the laser head (depending on the type))?
Regards,
Amin Jack Pędziwiater
Sent from Mail Client for Windows 10

Od: Carol Russell
Wysłano: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 1:27 AM
Do: [hidden email]
Temat: Apache open office 4.1.7

open office will not print out information to my printer.  Printer will only
print out blank sheet. I have cheked out everything before e-mailing you.
Please respond, I use  this site on a daily bases.  Respectively Yours Carol
Russell

 

 

 


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ODP: Apache open office 4.1.7

Felmon Davis-2
In reply to this post by Carol Russell
On Tue, 22 Sep 2020, 000340019D24E92F Microsoft wrote:

> Do you really checked out Everything on your machine (System’s
> device drivers) and the peripheral device (Printer: e.g. the status
> of ink in the printer or the condition of the laser head (depending
> on the type))?

also page size: my US printer refuses A4; my EU printer refuses
Letter.

fjd

> Od: Carol Russell
> Wysłano: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 1:27 AM
> Do: [hidden email]
> Temat: Apache open office 4.1.7
>
> open office will not print out information to my printer.  Printer will only
> print out blank sheet. I have cheked out everything before e-mailing you.
> Please respond, I use  this site on a daily bases.  Respectively Yours Carol
> Russell
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
--
Felmon Davis

Verbum sat sapienti.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Apache open office 4.1.7

John van Barneveld
In reply to this post by Carol Russell
Is your printer an inkjet?
Try printing a page from a different application eg print this email.
If it does the same thing then your jets are blocked and need cleaning.

I hope this is useful
John van Barneveld


------ Original Message ------
From: "Carol Russell" <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Sent: 22/09/2020 9:10:00 AM
Subject: Apache open office 4.1.7

>open office will not print out information to my printer.  Printer will only
>print out blank sheet. I have cheked out everything before e-mailing you.
>Please respond, I use  this site on a daily bases.  Respectively Yours Carol
>Russell
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ODP: Apache open office 4.1.7

Rory O'Farrell
In reply to this post by Felmon Davis-2
On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 03:11:54 +0200 (CEST)
Felmon Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Sep 2020, 000340019D24E92F Microsoft wrote:
>
> > Do you really checked out Everything on your machine (System’s
> > device drivers) and the peripheral device (Printer: e.g. the status
> > of ink in the printer or the condition of the laser head (depending
> > on the type))?
>
> also page size: my US printer refuses A4; my EU printer refuses
> Letter.
>
> fjd

There are  two settings to be considered: setting the Page size in OpenOffice (/Format /Page), but also a setting for the Printer.  In OpenOffice /File /Print there is a Properties button (on a Mac, one may need to have selected to use OpenOffice Printer dialogs).  Selecting the Properties button on the /File /Print window allows one to select the Paper size the printer will use.  This is the size of the sheet of paper the printer will expect in its paper tray, and on which it will attempt to print the Page size selected in OpenOffice.

I have five printers available on my house network, and every one will accept both A4 and Letter when this Properties setting is adjusted.


>
> > Od: Carol Russell
> > Wysłano: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 1:27 AM
> > Do: [hidden email]
> > Temat: Apache open office 4.1.7
> >
> > open office will not print out information to my printer.  Printer will only
> > print out blank sheet. I have cheked out everything before e-mailing you.
> > Please respond, I use  this site on a daily bases.  Respectively Yours Carol
> > Russell
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> --
> Felmon Davis
>
> Verbum sat sapienti.


--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Apache open office 4.1.7

Martin Groenescheij
In reply to this post by Carol Russell

> Op 22 sep. 2020 om 01:26 heeft Carol Russell <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> open office will not print out information to my printer.  Printer will only
> print out blank sheet.

Because you talk about a sheet I assume you working in Calc.
In the case you haven’t setup a print range it is assumed you only want to print
a selected range of Cells.
When you have your mouse on a empty Cell it assumes you want to print an
empty Cell and the result will be an empty page.
So the cure is to setup a Print Range under Format.

> I have cheked out everything before e-mailing you.
> Please respond, I use  this site on a daily bases.  Respectively Yours Carol
> Russell
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ODP: Apache open office 4.1.7

Felmon Davis-2
In reply to this post by Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 22 Sep 2020, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 03:11:54 +0200 (CEST)
> Felmon Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 22 Sep 2020, 000340019D24E92F Microsoft wrote:
>>
>>> Do you really checked out Everything on your machine (System’s
>>> device drivers) and the peripheral device (Printer: e.g. the status
>>> of ink in the printer or the condition of the laser head (depending
>>> on the type))?
>>
>> also page size: my US printer refuses A4; my EU printer refuses
>> Letter.
>>
>> fjd
>
> There are two settings to be considered: setting the Page size in
> OpenOffice (/Format /Page), but also a setting for the Printer.  In
> OpenOffice /File /Print there is a Properties button (on a Mac, one
> may need to have selected to use OpenOffice Printer dialogs).
> Selecting the Properties button on the /File /Print window allows
> one to select the Paper size the printer will use.  This is the size
> of the sheet of paper the printer will expect in its paper tray, and
> on which it will attempt to print the Page size selected in
> OpenOffice.
yeah but this hasn't worked on my printers. probably must do a deeper
dive.

the EU printer is an HP MFP M281fdw, the US printer is not at hand
right now but is a Brother model, both laser.

nothing I need to fix.

hoping the OP gets their solution.

fjd

> I have five printers available on my house network, and every one
> will accept both A4 and Letter when this Properties setting is
> adjusted.
>
>
>>
>>> Od: Carol Russell
>>> Wysłano: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 1:27 AM
>>> Do: [hidden email]
>>> Temat: Apache open office 4.1.7
>>>
>>> open office will not print out information to my printer.  Printer will only
>>> print out blank sheet. I have cheked out everything before e-mailing you.
>>> Please respond, I use  this site on a daily bases.  Respectively Yours Carol
>>> Russell
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> --
>> Felmon Davis
>>
>> Verbum sat sapienti.
>
>
>
--
Felmon Davis

Verbum sat sapienti.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ODP: Apache open office 4.1.7

Alan Pearce-2
In reply to this post by Felmon Davis-2
Follow Martin Groeneschij's  instructions. I.E. Format/Print Set Up.

-------- Original message --------
From: Felmon Davis <[hidden email]>
Date: 22/09/2020  23:16  (GMT+00:00)
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: ODP: Apache open office 4.1.7

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020, Rory O'Farrell wrote:> On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 03:11:54 +0200 (CEST)> Felmon Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:>>> On Tue, 22 Sep 2020, 000340019D24E92F Microsoft wrote:>>>>> Do you really checked out Everything on your machine (System’s>>> device drivers) and the peripheral device (Printer: e.g. the status>>> of ink in the printer or the condition of the laser head (depending>>> on the type))?>>>> also page size: my US printer refuses A4; my EU printer refuses>> Letter.>>>> fjd>> There are two settings to be considered: setting the Page size in > OpenOffice (/Format /Page), but also a setting for the Printer.  In > OpenOffice /File /Print there is a Properties button (on a Mac, one > may need to have selected to use OpenOffice Printer dialogs). > Selecting the Properties button on the /File /Print window allows > one to select the Paper size the printer will use.  This is the size > of the sheet of paper the printer will expect in its paper tray, and > on which it will attempt to print the Page size selected in > OpenOffice.yeah but this hasn't worked on my printers. probably must do a deeper dive.the EU printer is an HP MFP M281fdw, the US printer is not at hand right now but is a Brother model, both laser.nothing I need to fix.hoping the OP gets their solution.fjd> I have five printers available on my house network, and every one > will accept both A4 and Letter when this Properties setting is > adjusted.>>>>>>> Od: Carol Russell>>> Wysłano: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 1:27 AM>>> Do: [hidden email]>>> Temat: Apache open office 4.1.7>>>>>> open office will not print out information to my printer.  Printer will only>>> print out blank sheet. I have cheked out everything before e-mailing you.>>> Please respond, I use  this site on a daily bases.  Respectively Yours Carol>>> Russell>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> -->> Felmon Davis>>>> Verbum sat sapienti.>>>-- Felmon DavisVerbum sat sapienti.---------------------------------------------------------------------To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email] additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]