Apache open office writer

David Jacobs-2
Dear editorial team,
Suddenly I have no access to my documents (they won't open) I've tried all
the websites but no help.  Also I can't access a new office page. If you
can help I would appreciate it.
Thank you,
David Jacobs

Re: Apache open office writer

Moderator

Re: Apache open office writer

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 21:58:17 -0700
David Jacobs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear editorial team,
> Suddenly I have no access to my documents (they won't open) I've tried all
> the websites but no help.  Also I can't access a new office page. If you
> can help I would appreciate it.
> Thank you,
> David Jacobs
> [hidden email]

If you are using Windows, try starting TaskManager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and kill all "soffice" processes (note the spelling - soffice, with initial "s") shown on TM's tabs.  Then close TM, and try starting OpenOffice.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Apache open office writer [Addition]

David Jacobs-2
Windows 10

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 10:36 PM Moderator <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It would also be helpful to know which OS (Operating System - eg. Linux,
> Mac, Solaris, Windows, etc.) you are using.

Fine. How about answers to the other questions.

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 10:36 PM Moderator <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It would also be helpful to know which OS (Operating System - eg. Linux,
>> Mac, Solaris, Windows, etc.) you are using.

Rory I'm buying a new computer this one is not working properly

 Thanks for all your help
David

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020, 11:32 PM Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 21:58:17 -0700
> David Jacobs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dear editorial team,
> > Suddenly I have no access to my documents (they won't open) I've tried
> all
> > the websites but no help.  Also I can't access a new office page. If you
> > can help I would appreciate it.
> > Thank you,
> > David Jacobs
> > [hidden email]
>
> If you are using Windows, try starting TaskManager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and
> kill all "soffice" processes (note the spelling - soffice, with initial
> "s") shown on TM's tabs.  Then close TM, and try starting OpenOffice.

> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Apache open office writer

Rory O'Farrell
On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 21:43:36 -0700
David Jacobs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rory I'm buying a new computer this one is not working properly
>
>  Thanks for all your help
> David

Do not junk your old computer until any old documents you require have been transferred to e new.  If in doubt, seek help to do  this.  OpenOffice is not a cloud application and the documents reside on the old computer only.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>