Apple Developer Program

Steve Lubbs
Do we have any access to the Apple Developer Program? Sure would be handy.

Steve

Re: Apple Developer Program

Peter Kovacs-3

On 20.12.20 01:37, Steve Lubbs wrote:
> Do we have any access to the Apple Developer Program? Sure would be
> handy.

I think we have access.

--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html

Re: Apple Developer Program

Steve Lubbs

On 12/20/20 12:50 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:

> On 20.12.20 01:37, Steve Lubbs wrote:
>> Do we have any access to the Apple Developer Program? Sure would be
>> handy.
>
> I think we have access.

Can anyone provide the particulars of how to use the Apple Developer
Program, assuming we have a membership? I have looked into into it and I
could join as an individual for $99.00 but I'd rather not have to. Also
if I join as an individual member I don't know if I'd allowed to use it
to contribute to the project. I noted that one type of license is for
non-profits.

Re: Apple Developer Program

Peter Kovacs-3

On 22.12.20 02:28, Steve Lubbs wrote:

> On 12/20/20 12:50 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>>
>> On 20.12.20 01:37, Steve Lubbs wrote:
>>> Do we have any access to the Apple Developer Program? Sure would be
>>> handy.
>>
>> I think we have access.
>>
> Can anyone provide the particulars of how to use the Apple Developer
> Program, assuming we have a membership? I have looked into into it and
> I could join as an individual for $99.00 but I'd rather not have to.
> Also if I join as an individual member I don't know if I'd allowed to
> use it to contribute to the project. I noted that one type of license
> is for non-profits.

I am not sure either on the details. What I know is that the ASF is
active within the Apple Developer Programm, I were once part of it, but
not that active in there, so I got removed again I think. But I was
committer and ASF Member at the time. So I am not sure what the minimum
"clearance" is.

I would personally say it is worth the effort,  to take steps to enable
you, if you become a committer. In order to get an invite as a committer
do something that moves the project forward like create pull requests.
And build trust towards other volunteers. In short participate and you
get enabled. If you are very active this can go quite quickly. I think I
got my invite after a view weeks, and an invite to ASF after a year
participation. But that varies from person to person.

All the BEst

Peter

--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html