Apple OS Catalina

Jane Mason
Hello,

I have recently upgraded my iMac to OS Catalina and find that I no longer have access to my Apache Open Office files.

I currently have Open Office version 4.

Apple support have advised me to contact you to ask if Apache Open Office is compatible with Apple OS Catalina?

If version 4 is not compatible, will the new updated version 4.1.7 be compatible?

Thank you
Jane Mason.

Re: Apple OS Catalina

Steven Ahlers
Jane,

Yes, it is compatible.

How are you trying to open your files? Are you starting OpenOffice and then find the Recent File list doesn’t contain the file(s) you wish to open? If you click on the file folder icon next to Open... on OpenOffice StartUp menu can you find the file(s) and then open them?

When you click on the Documents icon on the Dashboard or in the drop down menu under Go in the Finder you can’t find the file(s) you’re looking for? If you do locate the file can you open them by double clicking the file icon?

Please reply to: [hidden email]
so that all users can assist you.