Apple operating system upgrade question

Donna Caudill
Apple wants  to upgrade my MacBook Pro operating system to macOS Catalina, which will eliminate all apps running on 32 bits.  What does my Apache Open Office app run on? I don’t want to lose it in an operating system upgrade, and would appreciate your letting me know asap.
Thanks!
DC

Re: Apple operating system upgrade question

Wade Smart-2
If you do not know if you installed the 32 or 64 version, just
reinstall the 64 version
from the site.

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 5:52 AM Donna Caudill <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Apple wants  to upgrade my MacBook Pro operating system to macOS Catalina, which will eliminate all apps running on 32 bits.  What does my Apache Open Office app run on? I don’t want to lose it in an operating system upgrade, and would appreciate your letting me know asap.
> Thanks!
> DC

Re: Apple operating system upgrade question

David Robley
As you don't say which version of Apache OpenOffice you are using, it is
not possible to say. However the latest version 4.1.7 for MacOS is 64 bit.

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
<[hidden email]> <mailto:[hidden email]>-
replies to my personal email address will be ignored.

On 18/11/19 10:11 pm, Donna Caudill wrote:
> Apple wants  to upgrade my MacBook Pro operating system to macOS Catalina, which will eliminate all apps running on 32 bits.  What does my Apache Open Office app run on? I don’t want to lose it in an operating system upgrade, and would appreciate your letting me know asap.
> Thanks!
> DC

Cheers
--
David Robley

Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

Re: Apple operating system upgrade question

W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof.
At
https://www.pcmag.com/article/371267/how-to-run-32-bit-apps-in-macos-catalina
(2nd paragraph) there are instructions for listing which of your
applications are 64-bit and which are 32-bit.

- Robert