Apply new file for New MacBook OS Big Sur

Apply new file for New MacBook OS Big Sur

Cheam Vanthea
Dear Sur

The Open Office not yet have new file for install on MacBook new chip M1, macOS Big Sur. Should you be conform for This project for all of us whom that like and alway us this program.

Best Regard
Cheam Vanthea

Re: Apply new file for New MacBook OS Big Sur

Matthias Seidel
Hi,

Am 30.12.20 um 07:21 schrieb Cheam Vanthea:
> Dear Sur
>
> The Open Office not yet have new file for install on MacBook new chip M1, macOS Big Sur. Should you be conform for This project for all of us whom that like and alway us this program.

While there is no ARM version of AOO (yet) I can confirm that the Intel
version installs and runs fine on M1 processors with Big Sur. Apple took
care of that with a technique called "Rosetta 2"

Just download and install the mac version of AOO as usual.

But be aware that there is a problem with opening some files (e.g. docx)
on Big Sur with AOO 4.1.8. We are working on a solution.
Give us some time, we are all volunteers, working "pro bono".

Regards,

   Matthias

> Best Regard
> Cheam Vanthea