Arabic UI translation complete...

Ahmad Alawsie
Hi all,

  1.  So I have, not long ago, sent out an email to this mailing list in regards to the Arabic UI translation being finished, and I will remind you of what I said...
Hi all,

I have managed, in the last week or so since registering for the Pootle service, to complete translating & reviewing the last 5000ish words remaining for the Arabic language, and now I am wondering what happens. So on the website: https://www.openoffice.org/ar/ .... it mentions how the translation of the user interface is at 94%, but that is when I joined the Pootle service, and now it is at 100%, so shouldn’t the website mentioned above be updated to announce that the Arabic language will be made available for Apache OpenOffice 4. 1. 5?? And will the Arabic language be made available for the newest version of OpenOffice?????

Kind regards,

Ahmad A

2) And this email in regards to me being a student in 3rd year of uni and my purpose to this contribution is for my work....
Hi all,

I know I have been emailing quite a lot and I have been here for a while now, but I just want to point out to the relevant admins/individuals, that I am a 3rd year university student and that I am conducting translation work on this project because this is for my work, and I have to contribute to an Open Source project, and that my contributions have to be verified by being accepted. Is there anyway that this can be verified for my professor to see?

Kind regards,

Ahmad A

So considering these two emails, and I KNOW AND RESPECT that people have jobs other than Open Source contribution, but can anyone reply to the following emails?

Regards,

Ahmad A

Re: Arabic UI translation complete...

Keith N. McKenna

On 2/7/2018 7:02 PM, Ahmad Alawsie wrote:

> Hi all,
>

>   1.  So I have, not long ago, sent out an email to this mailing list in regards to the Arabic UI translation being finished, and I will remind you of what I said...
> Hi all,
>
> I have managed, in the last week or so since registering for the Pootle service, to complete translating & reviewing the last 5000ish words remaining for the Arabic language, and now I am wondering what happens. So on the website: https://www.openoffice.org/ar/ .... it mentions how the translation of the user interface is at 94%, but that is when I joined the Pootle service, and now it is at 100%, so shouldn’t the website mentioned above be updated to announce that the Arabic language will be made available for Apache OpenOffice 4. 1. 5?? And will the Arabic language be made available for the newest version of OpenOffice?????
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Ahmad A
There are two projects for OpenOffice that need translating Apache
OpenOffice 4.x <https://translate.apache.org/ar/aoo40/> which is now at
100% and Apache OpenOffice 4.x Help
<https://translate.apache.org/ar/aoo40help/> which is only 1%. Though
the help is not required to be translated to be included in a release it
is much better if it is. The next step would be to work on translating
the help.

Regards
Keith
<snip>

RE: Arabic UI translation complete...

Ahmad Alawsie
Keith,

It is important to consider the fact that the help project for Arabic is at 1% and since it isn’t required, why not release Arabic on the official release. I will explain.

Firstly, it will help if Arabic is available on the official release of OpenOffice as this will only attract more Arabic users to it, and the more, the better. There is a high chance that those users will spread the word and the project will receive more contributors that will help the ‘help’ project for the language to be contributed towards to. Also, it does not hurt to release Arabic on the official release, and with it released, users like myself can review and test the software in Arabic for any bugs, or translation errors too. Please consider this.

Regards
Ahmad