Archive download failure

William Lee Valentine
I want to download the last version of OpenOffice that executes under
Microsoft's Windows 2000. (I am still running Windows 2000 on one
computer.) I looked at the OpenOffice web site, and it appeared that the
last such version of OpenOffice was 3.3. (I was not able to tell whether
version 3.4 would run under Windows 2000.)

I was directed to the following web site to download version 3.3:

    http://archive.services.openoffice.org/pub/openoffice-archive/

I went there; but my browser gave me the following error message:

    Apache / 2.4.25 (Debian) server at archive.services.openoffice.org
       Port 80

    The requested URL was not found on this server.

Should I be attempting to make use of a different URL? Is this back
version of OpenOffice available for download?

I would appreciate any assistance.

-- Lee Valentine

Re: Archive download failure

Dan Lewis
https://www.openoffice.org/download/archive.html

I recommend using the above link. This page has the version you are
looking for.

Dan

On 4/10/20 19:11, William Lee Valentine wrote:

> I want to download the last version of OpenOffice that executes under
> Microsoft's Windows 2000. (I am still running Windows 2000 on one
> computer.) I looked at the OpenOffice web site, and it appeared that the
> last such version of OpenOffice was 3.3. (I was not able to tell whether
> version 3.4 would run under Windows 2000.)
>
> I was directed to the following web site to download version 3.3:
>
>    http://archive.services.openoffice.org/pub/openoffice-archive/
>
> I went there; but my browser gave me the following error message:
>
>    Apache / 2.4.25 (Debian) server at archive.services.openoffice.org
>       Port 80
>
>    The requested URL was not found on this server.
>
> Should I be attempting to make use of a different URL? Is this back
> version of OpenOffice available for download?
>
> I would appreciate any assistance.
>
> -- Lee Valentine

Re: Archive download failure

Peter Kovacs-4
I am not sure if you are subscribed.

Dan wrote a link where you can receive Version 3.3 below which is the
last Windows 2000 supported Version

 From 3.4 onwards up until today we support every Windows Version from
XP onward.

Maybe you want to have also a look at reactOS [1], and if only for
curiosity. I can not resist the advertisement

for it. I am Sorry.

All the Best

Peter

[1] https://reactos.org/