Are any of our Pootle admins monitoring the l10n list?

Are any of our Pootle admins monitoring the l10n list?

Keith N. McKenna
I just re-subscribed to the l10n list and noticed that there a handful
of requests for new Pootle Account requests dating back to late March
that have apparently gone unanswered.

This reflects poorly on the project as a whole. I am in the process of
contacting these people to see if they are still interested. If there is
a shortage of time for current admins to monitor requests and create the
new accounts I will gladly take it on if possible. I would need a brief
description of the process to create the accounts and of course the
proper karma.

Regards
Keith

Re: Are any of our Pootle admins monitoring the l10n list?

Andrea Pescetti-2
Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> I just re-subscribed to the l10n list and noticed that there a handful
> of requests for new Pootle Account

I am a Pootle admin and I created virtually all the recent Pootle
accounts. I do monitor the l10n list, but indeed the queue ought to be
shorter and addressed more often, so help is more than welcome.
Sometimes creating an account is quick and easy and I still do it, but
at times it requires more work to be useful (for example, when the
language does not exist in Pootle yet) and these requests lag behind.

> If there is
> a shortage of time for current admins to monitor requests and create the
> new accounts I will gladly take it on if possible.

Yes, this would be welcome, thanks! I already showed the process to the
people at FOSDEM back in February, but we probably didn't move forward
on that and I remain the only (semi)active administrator.

> I would need a brief
> description of the process to create the accounts and of course the
> proper karma.

Please login at https://translate.apache.org/ using your Apache ID and
password: all committers can login with no need for an account to be
created for them in advance.

Then, likely next weekend, I can prepare a set of instructions on
account creation and management and of course I'll make you an admin.

Let's use this same thread to get lazy consensus to make you a Pootle
administrator in the meantime.

Regards,
   Andrea.

On 6/7/2017 4:41 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> I just re-subscribed to the l10n list and noticed that there a handful
>> of requests for new Pootle Account
>
> I am a Pootle admin and I created virtually all the recent Pootle
> accounts. I do monitor the l10n list, but indeed the queue ought to be
> shorter and addressed more often, so help is more than welcome.
> Sometimes creating an account is quick and easy and I still do it, but
> at times it requires more work to be useful (for example, when the
> language does not exist in Pootle yet) and these requests lag behind.
>
>> If there is
>> a shortage of time for current admins to monitor requests and create the
>> new accounts I will gladly take it on if possible.
>
> Yes, this would be welcome, thanks! I already showed the process to the
> people at FOSDEM back in February, but we probably didn't move forward
> on that and I remain the only (semi)active administrator.
>
>> I would need a brief
>> description of the process to create the accounts and of course the
>> proper karma.
>
> Please login at https://translate.apache.org/ using your Apache ID and
> password: all committers can login with no need for an account to be
> created for them in advance.
>
> Then, likely next weekend, I can prepare a set of instructions on
> account creation and management and of course I'll make you an admin.
>
> Let's use this same thread to get lazy consensus to make you a Pootle
> administrator in the meantime.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.
Thanks Andrea. I will look forward to your instructions.

On 07/06/2017 Keith N. McKenna wrote:

> On 6/7/2017 4:41 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Please login at https://translate.apache.org/ using your Apache ID and
>> password: all committers can login with no need for an account to be
>> created for them in advance.
>>
>> Then, likely next weekend, I can prepare a set of instructions on
>> account creation and management and of course I'll make you an admin.
>>
>> Let's use this same thread to get lazy consensus to make you a Pootle
>> administrator in the meantime.
>>
> Thanks Andrea. I will look forward to your instructions.

Since we have (lazy) consensus, I'd like to give admin rights to Keith;
but Keith, have you already done the first step I suggested above, i.e.,
login with your already existing Apache ID and password? I don't see an
account in your name in the system, and it is supposed to be created
only at your first login.

Regards,
   Andrea.

On 6/12/2017 4:51 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> On 07/06/2017 Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> On 6/7/2017 4:41 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> Please login at https://translate.apache.org/ using your Apache ID and
>>> password: all committers can login with no need for an account to be
>>> created for them in advance.
>>>
>>> Then, likely next weekend, I can prepare a set of instructions on
>>> account creation and management and of course I'll make you an admin.
>>>
>>> Let's use this same thread to get lazy consensus to make you a Pootle
>>> administrator in the meantime.
>>>
>> Thanks Andrea. I will look forward to your instructions.
>
> Since we have (lazy) consensus, I'd like to give admin rights to Keith;
> but Keith, have you already done the first step I suggested above, i.e.,
> login with your already existing Apache ID and password? I don't see an
> account in your name in the system, and it is supposed to be created
> only at your first login.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.
Andrea;

Just successfully logged into Pootle with my committer id.

Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> Just successfully logged into Pootle with my committer id.

Thank you; I've updated your rights and you should now have superuser
privileges.

See https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Managing_Pootle
for a quick administrator guide I've put together in the last few days.
Of course, if you need more information just ask, but I assume you will
be able to create the pending accounts straight away (at least for the
already existing languages).

Regards,
   Andrea.