Assistance on Enconding different

Sunday Bolaji
Hi,
     I have tried your suggestion on temporary solution to unicode normilisation
and it worked but one thing is not clear to me, are we going to have
separate dictionary for all the with different encoding or are we
putting in our dictionary file.
Another thing i observed with
hunspell is that if the number characters of correct word in the
dictionary file is more than the characters of word wrongly type,
hunspell will suggest diffreent word of the same length as wrong word.
Examples are given below :
(1)
"jókòó" is the correct word in the dictionary, but it will not suggest
it if i type "joke" despite specified in the REP table to replace " o"
with " òó ". it will only suggest " jókòó" if the wrong type word is " jokoo "
(2) " ọ̀rọ̀ " is the correct word in the dictionary, but it will not suggest it ,if " ọrọ " is type despite specified in the REP table to replace " ọ " with " ọ̀ ". And this is due to that  " ọ " is a precomposed single character and " ọ̀ "
 and is combination of " ọ " and tone mark. The REP table is shown for similar characters. Please is there anything i can to solve this problem.

REP  94

REP  a  à

REP  à  á

REP  a  á

REP  á  à

REP  a  àà

REP  à  àà

REP  a  àá

REP  à  àá

REP  á  àá

REP  a  áà

REP  à  áà

REP  á  áà

REP  a  aa

REP  a  aá

REP  ai  àì

REP  ai  a

REP  ài

REP  ái  á

REP  e  è

REP  è  é

REP  e  é

REP  é  è

REP  e  ẹ̀

REP  e  ẹ́

REP  ẹ  ẹ̀

REP  ẹ̀  ẹ́

REP  ẹ  ẹ́

REP  ẹ́  ẹ̀

REP  e  ẹ

REP  è  ẹ̀

REP  é  ẹ́

REP  e  èè

REP  è  èè

REP  e  éè

REP  e  éé

REP  é  éé

REP  e  èé

REP  e  eé

REP  e  ee

REP  ẹ́  ẹ́ẹ̀

REP  e  ẹ́ẹ̀

REP  ẹ  ẹ́ẹ̀

REP  e  ẹ̀ẹ̀

REP  ẹ  ẹ̀ẹ̀

REP  ẹ  ẹ̀ẹ́

REP  e  ẹ̀ẹ́

REP  e  ẹẹ

REP  ẹ  ẹẹ

REP  i  ì

REP  ì  í

REP  i  í

REP  í  ì

REP  i  íì

REP  i  in

REP  n  ǹ

REP  n  ń

REP  o  ọ̀

REP  o  ọ́

REP  o  ò

REP  ò  ó

REP  o  ó

REP  ó  ò

REP  ọ  ọ̀

REP  ọ̀  ọ́

REP  ọ  ọ́

REP  ọ́
ọ̀

REP  o  ọ

REP  ò
ọ̀

REP  ó  ọ́

REP  o  òò

REP  ò  òò

REP  o  oo

REP  o  oó

REP  o  òó

REP  o  ọ̀ọ̀

REP  ọ  ọ̀ọ̀

REP  ọ̀  ọ̀ọ̀

REP  ọ̀
ọ̀ọ́

REP  ọ  ọ̀ọ́

REP  o  ọ̀ọ́

REP  ọ́
ọ̀ọ́

REP  s  ṣ

REP  ṣ  s

REP  u  ù

REP  u  ú

REP  u  ùú

REP  ù  ùú

REP  ú  ùú

REP  ù  ùù

REP  u  ùù

REP  h y

REP  E Ẹ

REP  S Ṣ

REP  O Ọ

Best regards,Jeje

Re: Assistance on Enconding different

Németh László-2
Hi,

2009/2/2 Sunday Bolaji <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>     I have tried your suggestion on temporary solution to unicode
> normilisation
> and it worked but one thing is not clear to me, are we going to have
> separate dictionary for all the with different encoding or are we
> putting in our dictionary file.
> Another thing i observed with
> hunspell is that if the number characters of correct word in the
> dictionary file is more than the characters of word wrongly type,
> hunspell will suggest diffreent word of the same length as wrong word.
> Examples are given below :
> (1)
> "jókòó" is the correct word in the dictionary, but it will not suggest
> it if i type "joke" despite specified in the REP table to replace " o"
> with " òó ". it will only suggest " jókòó" if the wrong type word is "
> jokoo "

> (2) " ọ̀rọ̀ " is the correct word in the dictionary, but it will not
> suggest it ,if " ọrọ " is type despite specified in the REP table to replace
> " ọ " with " ọ̀ ". And this is due to that  " ọ " is a precomposed single
> character and " ọ̀ "
>  and is combination of " ọ " and tone mark. The REP table is shown for
> similar characters. Please is there anything i can to solve this problem.

REP and MAP suggestions are not combined with similarity algorithms, unlike
the PHONE and ph: phonetic suggestions.

Check the following suggestion parameters:

-- affix file ---
PHONE 4
PHONE ó o
PHONE ò o
PHONE ọ̀ o
PHONE ọ o

Hunspell will convert "jókòó" to "jokoo" before comparing with the input
word "joke".
You can use PHONE for normalization, too. Unfortunately, there was a
potential problem with PHONE and diacritics under Windows, so it better to
use ph: fields (separated by tabulators) for OpenOffice.org 3.0. Also ph:
can work better for bigger word differences, too.

--- dic file ----
jókòó  ph:joko

 ọ̀rọ̀ ph:oro

Regards,
László

> REP  94

> [...]

    For the redundant dictionary are we putting all the words with different encoding in one dictionary file or create a dictionary file each for  words with the same enconding .

Best regards
Jeje

[...]

#yiv1274146860  _filtered #yiv1274146860 {margin:2cm;}
#yiv1274146860 P {ph:joko
[...]

The second method could be better for suggestions. Using multiple
dictionaries to the same locale, spell checker component of OpenOffice.org
3.x will suggest in the following format:

suggestion_from_the_first_dictionary1
suggestion_from_the_first_dictionary2
suggestion_from_the_first_dictionary3
suggestion_from_the_second_dictionary1
suggestion_from_the_second_dictionary2
suggestion_from_the_second_dictionary3
etc.

So the suggestions with different encodings are in different blocks. This is
the preferred method, if you want suggestions with multiple encodings.

Best regards,
László

2009/2/2 Sunday Bolaji <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>     For the redundant dictionary are we putting all the words with
> different encoding in one dictionary file or create a dictionary file each
> for  words with the same enconding .
>
> Best regards
> Jeje

     Thanks for  your response.
I am having a problem understanding why Hunspell doe not give me suggestions such as ẹ̀kọ́ and ẹ̀kọ (which are present in my dictionary file) for  eko which is a likely wrong spelling  for the two words.
     In general, what changes can I make in the  TRY, REP table, MAP table, PHONE table  and KEY so that hunspell will suggest words in bracket as part of the suggested word as i shown below  (I am including my TRY, REP, MAP, PHONE and Key files.

My boss Dr.Adegbola said he has written you a letter inviting you for a spell cheker meeting for African languages to hold here in Nigeria.  I hope you will be able to make it so that we can meet you.

Hunspell 1.2.7
& eko 7 3: èkó, ko, oko, epo, ìko, eku, e ko    (  ẹ̀kọ́, ẹ̀kọ )

& èko 8 0: èkó, ko, èwo, oko, ìko, èso, èké, è ko  (ẹ̀kọ́, ẹ̀kọ )

& ekó 6 0: èkó, kó, okó, ìkó, eku, e kó       (ẹ̀kọ́, ẹ̀kọ )

& ẹ̀kọ̀ 7 0: ẹ̀kọ́, ẹ̀kọ, ẹ̀rọ̀, ẹ̀dọ̀, ẹ̀yọ̀, ẹ̀ kọ̀, ẹ̀-kọ̀

& ẹkọ 9 0: èkó, kọ, ẹ̀kọ, ẹbọ, akọ, ọkọ,
 ẹyọ, ẹkẹ, ẹ kọ   (ẹ̀kọ́ )

& ẹkọ̀ 5 0: kọ̀, ẹ̀kọ, àkọ̀, ọkọ̀, ẹ kọ̀               ( ẹ̀kọ́  )

& ẹkọ́ 7 0: ẹjọ́, kọ́, ẹ̀kọ́, ẹmọ́, ọkọ́, ìkọ́, ẹ kọ́     (  ẹ̀kọ  )

& ẹ́kọ́ 4 0: ẹ̀kọ́, ńkọ́, ẹ́ kọ́, ẹ́-kọ́        ( ẹ̀kọ́, ẹ̀kọ )

& ekọ 6 0: èkó, kọ, akọ, ọkọ, eku, e kọ  ( ẹ̀kọ́, ẹ̀kọ )

& ẹko 6 0: èkó, ko, oko, ìko, ẹkẹ, ẹ ko       ( ẹ̀kọ́, ẹ̀kọ )

& èkọ 6 0: èkó, kọ, akọ, ọkọ, èké, è kọ      ( ẹ̀kọ́, ẹ̀kọ )

& ẹkó 6 0: èkó, kó, okó, ìkó, ẹkẹ, ẹ
 kó      ( ẹ̀kọ́, ẹ̀kọ )

& ọrọ 12 0: òro, orò, oró, rọ, tọrọ, ọrọ̀, ọmọ, ọkọ, ọlọ, àrọ, arọ, ọrẹ   (  ọ̀rọ̀ )

& oro 9 0: orò, òro, oró, ro, oko, orí, ore, orù, o ro       (ọ̀rọ̀, ọrọ̀ )

& ọro 5 0: òro, orò, oró, ro, ọrẹ           (ọ̀rọ̀, ọrọ̀ )

& orọ 10 0: òro, orò, oró, rọ, àrọ, arọ, orí, ore, orù, o rọ  (ọ̀rọ̀, ọrọ̀ )

& ọ̀ro 2 0: òòró, ọ̀rá      ( ọ̀rọ̀, ọrọ̀ )

& ọrò 6 0: òro, orò, oró, rò, ọrẹ, èrò   ( ọ̀rọ̀, ọrọ̀ )

& ọ́rọ 3 0: òòró, ọ́ rọ, ọ́-rọ      ( ọ̀rọ̀, ọrọ̀ )

& ọ̀rọ 6 0:
 òòró, ọ̀rọ̀, ọrọ̀, ọ̀bọ, ọ̀rá, ẹ̀rọ

*

& ọrọ́ 5 0: ọrọ̀, rọ́, ọkọ́, ọwọ́, ọrẹ́    (  ọrọ̀  )

*

& ọ́rọ́ 7 0: òórọ̀, ọ̀rọ̀, tọ́rọ́, pọ́rọ́, rọ́rọ́, ọ́ rọ́, ọ́-rọ́

& ọ́rọ̀ 7 0: òórọ̀, ọ̀rọ̀, ọrọ̀, tọ́rọ̀, lọ́rọ̀, ọ́ rọ̀, ọ́-rọ̀

& ọ̀rọ́ 7 0: òórọ̀, ọ̀rọ̀, ọ̀wọ́, ọ̀dọ́, ọ̀yọ́, ọ̀ṣọ́, ọ̀rẹ́   ( ọrọ̀ ).
NOTE : The " ọ̀,   ọ́,   ẹ̀,  ẹ́,  "  are combination  of  two  characters  " ọ or ẹ " and tone mark  .̀        ́ The sample of our affix file is also shown below:

SET  UTF-8

KEY  ọwertyuiop|asdfghjkl|ṣẹbnm

TRY    tmnkwlbàaáóoòprọ̀ọ́ọíìfdyṣsgẹ̀ẹ́ẹéèeùúuTMNṢLBÀÁAÒÓOPRÒÓỌÌÍIGÈ
ÉẸÈÉE

REP  94

REP  a  à

REP  à  á

REP  a  á

REP  á  à

REP  a  àà

REP  à  àà

REP  a  àá

REP  à  àá

REP  á  àá

REP  a  áà

REP  à  áà

REP  á  áà

REP  a  aa

REP  a  aá

REP  ai  àì

REP  ai  a

REP  ài

REP  ái  á

REP  e  è

REP  è  é

REP  e  é

REP  é  è

REP  e  ẹ̀

REP  e  ẹ́

REP  ẹ  ẹ̀

REP  ẹ̀  ẹ́

REP  ẹ  ẹ́

REP  ẹ́  ẹ̀

REP  e  ẹ

REP  è  ẹ̀

REP  é  ẹ́

REP  e  èè

REP  è  èè

REP  e  éè

REP  e  éé

REP  é  éé

REP  e  èé

REP  e  eé

REP  e  ee

REP  ẹ́  ẹ́ẹ̀

REP  e  ẹ́ẹ̀

REP  ẹ  ẹ́ẹ̀

REP  e  ẹ̀ẹ̀

REP  ẹ  ẹ̀ẹ̀

REP  ẹ  ẹ̀ẹ́

REP  e  ẹ̀ẹ́

REP  e  ẹẹ

REP  ẹ  ẹẹ

REP  i  ì

REP  ì  í

REP  i  í

REP  í  ì

REP  i  íì

REP  i  in

REP  n  ǹ

REP  n  ń

REP  o  ọ̀

REP  o  ọ́

REP  o  ò

REP  ò  ó

REP  o  ó

REP  ó  ò

REP  ọ  ọ̀

REP  ọ̀  ọ́

REP  ọ  ọ́

REP  ọ́
ọ̀

REP  o  ọ

REP  ò
ọ̀

REP  ó  ọ́

REP  o  òò

REP  ò  òò

REP  o  oo

REP  o  oó

REP  o  òó

REP  o  ọ̀ọ̀

REP  ọ  ọ̀ọ̀

REP  ọ̀  ọ̀ọ̀

REP  ọ̀
ọ̀ọ́

REP  ọ  ọ̀ọ́

REP  o  ọ̀ọ́

REP  ọ́
ọ̀ọ́

REP  s  ṣ

REP  ṣ  s

REP  u  ù

REP  u  ú

REP  u  ùú

REP  ù  ùú

REP  ú  ùú

REP  ù  ùù

REP  u  ùù

REP  h y

REP  E Ẹ

REP  S Ṣ

REP  O Ọ

MAP 12

MAP àaá

MAP ọ̀ọọ́óoò

MAP ìíi

MAP ṣs

MAP ẹ̀ẹ́ẹèée

MAP ǹńn

MAP ùúu

MAP SṢ

MAP ÀÁA

MAP Ọ̀Ọ́ỌÒÓO

MAP ÌÍI

MAP ẸÈÉE

PHONE 37

PHONE à a

PHONE á a

PHONE aa a

PHONE ó o

PHONE ò o

PHONE ọ̀ o

PHONE ọ o

PHONE ọ́ o

PHONE ọ̀ ọ

PHONE oo o

PHONE í i

PHONE ì i

PHONE ṣ s

PHONE ẹ̀ e

PHONE ẹ́ e

PHONE ẹ e

PHONE è e

PHONE é e

PHONE ee e

PHONE ǹ n

PHONE ń n

PHONE ù u

PHONE ú u

PHONE uu u

PHONE Ṣ S

PHONE À A

PHONE Á A

PHONE Ò O

PHONE Ọ̀ O

PHONE Ó O

PHONE Ọ́ O

PHONE Ọ O

PHONE Ì I

PHONE Í I

PHONE È E

PHONE É E

PHONE E Ẹ

ICONV 7

ICONV ọ  ọ

ICONV ọ̀  ọ̀

ICONV ọ́  ọ́

ICONV ṣ  ṣ

ICONV ẹ̀  ẹ̀

ICONV ẹ́  ẹ́

ICONV ẹ  ẹ
Best regards,Jeje

2009/2/6 Sunday Bolaji <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>      Thanks for  your response.
> I am having a problem understanding why Hunspell doe not give me suggestions
> such as ẹ̀kọ́ and ẹ̀kọ (which are present in my dictionary file) for eko
> which is a likely wrong spelling  for the two words.

The problem is the missing support of Unicode combining diacritical
marks by Hunspell TRY and MAP (also by the affix  condition and n-gram
similarity algorithms).

>      In general, what changes can I make in the  TRY, REP table, MAP table,
> PHONE table  and KEY so that hunspell will suggest words in bracket as part
> of the suggested word as i shown below  (I am including my TRY, REP, MAP,
> PHONE and Key files.

Thanks for the detailed bug report.

> My boss Dr.Adegbola said he has written you a letter inviting you for a
> spell cheker meeting for African languages to hold here in Nigeria.  I hope
> you will be able to make it so that we can meet you.

Thanks for the kind invitation. I'm afraid, I cannot participate in
it, but I would like
to implement the combining diacritical mark support in the near
future. Your data will be a big help to check the result.

Best regards,
László