Asturian language

Xuacu
Hi!

I'm a member of Softastur, a non-profit association which works to
translate FOSS into Asturian language. We used to have OpenOffice
translated, but with recent changes in the project and a lot of
workload in our small team we coudn't keep up with changes.

Now we are ready to continue our work. I'll take the role of project
coordination in my team, and my preferred way to submit translations
will be through Pootle. Occasionally, other members of Softastur will
be contributing in the same way. I have updated the Localization
Volunteers page in the wiki for Asturian language.

Of course, all my contributions are/will be licensed in the OO
preferred free license, as neccesary.

Any extra advice on translation? Something I need to be aware of?

Best regards.
Xuacu Saturio

Re: Asturian language

jan iversen
Hi.

One small piece of information, on the medium timeline work is progressing
on enhancing the l10n workflow as well as l10n.openoffice.org

you can read about the current proposal at (an update is due in the next
couple of days):
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Localization_AOO/new_proposal

Please take this just as information and do not let it postpone work, but
your input is more than welcome. However being an established team I would
very much like to have input/ideas/complains from you.

thanks in advance.
Jan I.

Ps. hope the weather is more kindly up north than down here in andalucia.

On 26 October 2012 20:26, Xuacu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm a member of Softastur, a non-profit association which works to
> translate FOSS into Asturian language. We used to have OpenOffice
> translated, but with recent changes in the project and a lot of
> workload in our small team we coudn't keep up with changes.
>
> Now we are ready to continue our work. I'll take the role of project
> coordination in my team, and my preferred way to submit translations
> will be through Pootle. Occasionally, other members of Softastur will
> be contributing in the same way. I have updated the Localization
> Volunteers page in the wiki for Asturian language.
>
> Of course, all my contributions are/will be licensed in the OO
> preferred free license, as neccesary.
>
> Any extra advice on translation? Something I need to be aware of?
>
> Best regards.
> Xuacu Saturio

Re: Asturian language

Ricardo Berlasso
Hi, Xuacu,

It seems you are not suscribed to the mailing list (your mail header say it
was moderated) so you did not see the answer from Jan that I'm copying
below. Please, subscribe to the list sending a message to
[hidden email]

For the moment, the only way to edit the Pootle server is to be commiter on
the project. Maybe this will change on the future but for now you need to
work off-line with the .po files. For sure Jürgen will provide you and your
team with the files.

Regards
Ricardo

2012/10/26 jan iversen <[hidden email]>

> Hi.
>
> One small piece of information, on the medium timeline work is progressing
> on enhancing the l10n workflow as well as l10n.openoffice.org
>
> you can read about the current proposal at (an update is due in the next
> couple of days):
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Localization_AOO/new_proposal
>
> Please take this just as information and do not let it postpone work, but
> your input is more than welcome. However being an established team I would
> very much like to have input/ideas/complains from you.
>
> thanks in advance.
> Jan I.
>
> Ps. hope the weather is more kindly up north than down here in andalucia.
>
> On 26 October 2012 20:26, Xuacu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm a member of Softastur, a non-profit association which works to
> > translate FOSS into Asturian language. We used to have OpenOffice
> > translated, but with recent changes in the project and a lot of
> > workload in our small team we coudn't keep up with changes.
> >
> > Now we are ready to continue our work. I'll take the role of project
> > coordination in my team, and my preferred way to submit translations
> > will be through Pootle. Occasionally, other members of Softastur will
> > be contributing in the same way. I have updated the Localization
> > Volunteers page in the wiki for Asturian language.
> >
> > Of course, all my contributions are/will be licensed in the OO
> > preferred free license, as neccesary.
> >
> > Any extra advice on translation? Something I need to be aware of?
> >
> > Best regards.
> > --
> > Xuacu Saturio

Re: Asturian language

Ricardo Berlasso
Ops! I forgot to add Xuacu on the CC list... Full answer bellow, sorry

And of course, welcome on board, Xuacu!

2012/10/26 RGB ES <[hidden email]>

> Hi, Xuacu,
>
> It seems you are not suscribed to the mailing list (your mail header say
> it was moderated) so you did not see the answer from Jan that I'm copying
> below. Please, subscribe to the list sending a message to
> [hidden email]
>
> For the moment, the only way to edit the Pootle server is to be commiter
> on the project. Maybe this will change on the future but for now you need
> to work off-line with the .po files. For sure Jürgen will provide you and
> your team with the files.
>
> Regards
> Ricardo
>

> 2012/10/26 jan iversen <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> One small piece of information, on the medium timeline work is progressing
>> on enhancing the l10n workflow as well as l10n.openoffice.org
>>
>> you can read about the current proposal at (an update is due in the next
>> couple of days):
>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Localization_AOO/new_proposal
>>
>> Please take this just as information and do not let it postpone work, but
>> your input is more than welcome. However being an established team I would
>> very much like to have input/ideas/complains from you.
>>
>> thanks in advance.
>> Jan I.
>>
>> Ps. hope the weather is more kindly up north than down here in andalucia.
>>
>> On 26 October 2012 20:26, Xuacu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > I'm a member of Softastur, a non-profit association which works to
>> > translate FOSS into Asturian language. We used to have OpenOffice
>> > translated, but with recent changes in the project and a lot of
>> > workload in our small team we coudn't keep up with changes.
>> >
>> > Now we are ready to continue our work. I'll take the role of project
>> > coordination in my team, and my preferred way to submit translations
>> > will be through Pootle. Occasionally, other members of Softastur will
>> > be contributing in the same way. I have updated the Localization
>> > Volunteers page in the wiki for Asturian language.
>> >
>> > Of course, all my contributions are/will be licensed in the OO
>> > preferred free license, as neccesary.
>> >
>> > Any extra advice on translation? Something I need to be aware of?
>> >
>> > Best regards.
>> > --
>> > Xuacu Saturio

Re: Asturian language

Xuacu
Hi Ricardo, Jan, all,

My fault. I was about to subscribe, I had to leave for some minutes...
and completely forgot to do it :)
I'll take some time to get used to the new workflow. Hopefully next
week I'll be acquainted with Apache way of OpenOfficing ;)
And yes, weather here is what we call fine: it's raining as usual ;)

Best regards
--
Xuacu Saturio