Availability of Pootle server

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello,

I want to inform you that the server translate.apache.org is down for
maintenance.

It's getting a complete update with hardware and software.

I will inform you when the server is up agein.

Kind regards

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: Availability of Pootle server

Ariel Constenla-Haile-3
Hi Mechtlide, *

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 9:25 AM Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to inform you that the server translate.apache.org is down for
> maintenance.
>
> It's getting a complete update with hardware and software.
>
> I will inform you when the server is up agein.

Hopefully the update solves a bugs that makes integrating the
translations back quite impossible and error prone; I guess janiv
updated the server the last time without testing before that the
generated files actually build, because even if some files pass
gsicheck, they could contain errors breaking the build, and solving
the errors on pootle didn't have any effect.

.
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Buenos Aires
Argentina

Re: Availability of Pootle server

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello Ariel,

I did a complete clean up since November 2018.

I've been overworking the whole process.

All languages passed the gsicheck.

After the update it is possible to automate the conversion from *.sdf to
Pootle and back again.

I started to document it in the wiki

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_from_4.2

Kind regards

Am 23.10.19 um 22:47 schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:

> Hi Mechtlide, *
>
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 9:25 AM Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to inform you that the server translate.apache.org is down for
>> maintenance.
>>
>> It's getting a complete update with hardware and software.
>>
>> I will inform you when the server is up agein.
>
> Hopefully the update solves a bugs that makes integrating the
> translations back quite impossible and error prone; I guess janiv
> updated the server the last time without testing before that the
> generated files actually build, because even if some files pass
> gsicheck, they could contain errors breaking the build, and solving
> the errors on pootle didn't have any effect.
>
> .
> Regards
> --
> Ariel Constenla-Haile
> La Plata, Buenos Aires
> Argentina

Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Debian Developer
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: [Important] No Availability of Pootle server

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello to all,

Please don't work at the Pootle server. All work done after the
2019-10-22 was lost.

We will inform you if Prrotle will be there again.

Kind regards

Mechtilde

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Debian Developer
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: [Important] No Availability of Pootle server

Pedro Lino-3
Thank you for the warning.
It is a shame I lost all the translations I added to Portuguese since Nov 2nd...

Regards,
Pedro

>     On November 8, 2019 at 6:11 AM Mechtilde < [hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] > wrote:
>

>     Hello to all,
>
>     Please don't work at the Pootle server. All work done after the
>     2019-10-22 was lost.
>
>     We will inform you if Prrotle will be there again.
>
>     Kind regards
>
>     Mechtilde
>

>     Am 23.10.19 um 14:25 schrieb Mechtilde:
>
>         > >         Hello,
> >
> >         I want to inform you that the server translate.apache.org is down for
> >         maintenance.
> >
> >         It's getting a complete update with hardware and software.
> >
> >         I will inform you when the server is up agein.
> >
> >         Kind regards
> >

> >     >     --
>     Mechtilde Stehmann
>     ## Apache OpenOffice
>     ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
>     ## Debian Developer
>     ## PGP encryption welcome
>     ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899 39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

Re: [Important] No Availability of Pootle server

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello Pedro,

as I described before (Mail from 2019-10-21), I can't save it into *po
files, so I can't
convert them to *.sdf files which have to be commited into the repo.

We are working to get Pootle running on a new machine.

Regards

Mechtilde