BOLD LINES

Edward Eckhard
WILL SOMEONE HELP ?

As I am keying into my narrative file, I am getting thin, solid, bold lines
running left to right across the entire page. Underneath the line is a
second even thinner solid, bold line and repeats itself every time I hit the
ENTER key. But underneath these solid bold lines I can continue entering
data on the next blank line. They don't hurt anything, but I do want to get
rid of them and know what causes them. Can someone help?

Re: BOLD LINES

Martin Groenescheij

On 04/08/17 7:40 AM, Edward Eckhard wrote:
> WILL SOMEONE HELP ?
>

> As I am keying into my narrative file, I am getting thin, solid, bold lines
> running left to right across the entire page.

Only thing I can't think of is that you have set borders to the
Paragraph Style.
Select a line and open Styles and Formatting this should show you the
Paragraph Style for the selected line.
Go to the Borders tab and remove the borders.

> Underneath the line is a
> second even thinner solid, bold line and repeats itself every time I hit the
> ENTER key. But underneath these solid bold lines I can continue entering
> data on the next blank line. They don't hurt anything, but I do want to get
> rid of them and know what causes them.

The cause could be that you have copied a line from an other document
with these settings.

> Can someone help?

Re: BOLD LINES

Edward Eckhard
THANK YOU.  I will try your suggestions.  As you can tell, I am a novice
and don't know many things.

On 04/08/17 7:40 AM, Edward Eckhard wrote:
> WILL SOMEONE HELP ?
>

> As I am keying into my narrative file, I am getting thin, solid, bold lines
> running left to right across the entire page.

Only thing I can't think of is that you have set borders to the
Paragraph Style.
Select a line and open Styles and Formatting this should show you the
Paragraph Style for the selected line.
Go to the Borders tab and remove the borders.

> Underneath the line is a
> second even thinner solid, bold line and repeats itself every time I hit the
> ENTER key. But underneath these solid bold lines I can continue entering
> data on the next blank line. They don't hurt anything, but I do want to get
> rid of them and know what causes them.

The cause could be that you have copied a line from an other document
with these settings.

> Can someone help?

Re: BOLD LINES

Edward Eckhard
THANKS, FOLLOWING YOUR INSTRUCTIONS GOT ME BACK TO RESTORING BACK TO 'DEFAULT FORMAT'.

PROBLEM IS GONE NOW.  APPRECIATE YOUR HELP  !

EDWARD