[BZ]How does vote function work

Ji Yan
I'm curious how the vote function works in Bugzilla. Will we prioritize
defect fix plan based on votes number?

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Re: [BZ]How does vote function work

Andrea Pescetti-2
Ji Yan wrote:
> I'm curious how the vote function works in Bugzilla. Will we prioritize
> defect fix plan based on votes number?

Not only on that, but votes are an indicator. When one has to pick
priorities, having dozens of votes for one issue can make a difference.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [BZ]How does vote function work

Ji Yan
I'm thinking about what's kind of defect triage criteria we should have.
IMHO, in each milestone, we should have backlog defects fix plan. To give
this defect list, what's criteria should be? High severity, high usability
impact defects of course should be in that list, in the meanwhile, can we
also add some defects which have more votes?

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Re: [BZ]How does vote function work

jan iversen
It would at the same time, be nice to put a "validity" or similar on the
bugs. I found bugs dated 2006, that are open, they do not seen so relevant.

Or should old bugs, get an automatic upgrade, so they slowly get
high-priority.

just a thought.
Jan.

Ji Yan wrote:
> IMHO, in each milestone, we should have backlog defects fix plan. To give
> this defect list, what's criteria should be? High severity, high usability
> impact defects of course should be in that list, in the meanwhile, can we
> also add some defects which have more votes?

Yes, but in those cases I'd suggest to have a developer familiar with
that component assess whether those issues are feasible or not.

If I recall correctly, most of the "most voted" issues are feature
requests rather than bug reports; in this case they should be evaluated
first.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [BZ]How does vote function work

Ji Yan
If "most voted" defect is feature request or enhancement, can we change its
issue type to reflect its reality, so that we can still focus on the "most
voted" defect.

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

On 06/11/2012 Ji Yan wrote:
> If "most voted" defect is feature request or enhancement, can we change its
> issue type to reflect its reality, so that we can still focus on the "most
> voted" defect.

Sure. But most of them should already be classified correctly.

Jan Iversen:
> It would at the same time, be nice to put a "validity" or similar on the
> bugs. I found bugs dated 2006, that are open, they do not seen so relevant.

In this case, feel free to close as RESOLVED - WORKSFORME or RESOLVED -
INVALID (unless you have a reason to believe that we really fixed it,
like problems with the Extensions/Templates sites reachability, which
should be set as RESOLVED - FIXED since the sites have been relocated
and are now regularly reachable).

Regards,
   Andrea.