Back to OpenOffice

Patricia Shanahan
I've finished traveling for a while, and am ready to get back to work on
OpenOffice 4.2

Does it currently build on a Windows 64 system if I just check out the
latest trunk and follow the step-by-step instructions?

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: Back to OpenOffice

Matthias Seidel
Hi Patricia,

Am 24.03.2018 um 13:54 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
> I've finished traveling for a while, and am ready to get back to work
> on OpenOffice 4.2

Welcome back, I hope you had a good time! ;-)

> Does it currently build on a Windows 64 system if I just check out the
> latest trunk and follow the step-by-step instructions?

You can try revision 1827295, I could build it successfully with this
configuration:
https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/ReadMe.txt

Later revisions seem to be broken (on Windows) for the moment.

Regards,
   Matthias

> ---
> http://www.avg.com

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Back to OpenOffice

Patricia Shanahan
On 3/24/2018 6:10 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Hi Patricia,
>
> Am 24.03.2018 um 13:54 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
>> I've finished traveling for a while, and am ready to get back to work
>> on OpenOffice 4.2
>
> Welcome back, I hope you had a good time! ;-)

Thanks.

>> Does it currently build on a Windows 64 system if I just check out the
>> latest trunk and follow the step-by-step instructions?
>
> You can try revision 1827295, I could build it successfully with this
> configuration:
> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/ReadMe.txt

OK, I'll try that revision and configuration, and watch for indications
the head of trunk builds.

> Later revisions seem to be broken (on Windows) for the moment.
>
> Regards,
>     Matthias
>

>> ---
>> http://www.avg.com

Re: Back to OpenOffice

Peter Kovacs-2
Welcome back Patricia!

Can we prepare in the next week's 1 or 2 array translation tasks?
I have 2 junior candidates and if they get there I would like to hand them one of them as an entry point to development.

Going step by step.

All the best
Peter

Am 24. März 2018 14:16:24 MEZ schrieb Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]>:

>On 3/24/2018 6:10 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Hi Patricia,
>>
>> Am 24.03.2018 um 13:54 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
>>> I've finished traveling for a while, and am ready to get back to
>work
>>> on OpenOffice 4.2
>>
>> Welcome back, I hope you had a good time! ;-)
>
>Thanks.
>

>>> Does it currently build on a Windows 64 system if I just check out
>the
>>> latest trunk and follow the step-by-step instructions?
>>
>> You can try revision 1827295, I could build it successfully with this
>> configuration:
>> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/ReadMe.txt
>
>OK, I'll try that revision and configuration, and watch for indications
>
>the head of trunk builds.
>

>> Later revisions seem to be broken (on Windows) for the moment.
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Matthias
>>

>>> ---
>>> http://www.avg.com

Re: Back to OpenOffice

Marcus (OOo)

> Am 24.03.2018 um 13:54 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
>> I've finished traveling for a while, and am ready to get back to work
>> on OpenOffice 4.2
>
> Welcome back, I hope you had a good time! ;-)

welceome back. I hope you have enjoyed your travel and are back with
fresh energy. :-)

>> Does it currently build on a Windows 64 system if I just check out the
>> latest trunk and follow the step-by-step instructions?
>
> You can try revision 1827295, I could build it successfully with this
> configuration:
> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/ReadMe.txt
>
> Later revisions seem to be broken (on Windows) for the moment.

Currently there many many changes on truck. I don't know about the
status but Matthias is running builds frequently at the moment. So, IMHO
he has the best overview.

Marcus

Re: Back to OpenOffice

Patricia Shanahan
Will do. I'll try to initially pick arrays that have relatively limited
scope. The highest risk seem to be those that are filled during document
open - those are the ones where a malicious actor might be able to force
an array overflow.

On 3/25/2018 4:10 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:

> Welcome back Patricia!
>
> Can we prepare in the next week's 1 or 2 array translation tasks?
> I have 2 junior candidates and if they get there I would like to hand them one of them as an entry point to development.
>
> Going step by step.
>
> All the best
> Peter
>
> Am 24. März 2018 14:16:24 MEZ schrieb Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]>:
>> On 3/24/2018 6:10 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>>> Hi Patricia,

>> work
>>>
>>> Welcome back, I hope you had a good time! ;-)
>>
>> Thanks.

>> the
>>>
>>> You can try revision 1827295, I could build it successfully with this
>>> configuration:
>>> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/ReadMe.txt
>>
>> OK, I'll try that revision and configuration, and watch for indications
>>
>> the head of trunk builds.
>>

>>> Later revisions seem to be broken (on Windows) for the moment.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>      Matthias

Re: Back to OpenOffice

Patricia Shanahan

On 3/25/2018 4:41 AM, Marcus wrote:

>> Am 24.03.2018 um 13:54 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
>>> I've finished traveling for a while, and am ready to get back to work
>>> on OpenOffice 4.2
>>
>> Welcome back, I hope you had a good time! ;-)
>
> welceome back. I hope you have enjoyed your travel and are back with
> fresh energy. :-)

Yes, I am feeling energized.

>>> Does it currently build on a Windows 64 system if I just check out the
>>> latest trunk and follow the step-by-step instructions?
>>
>> You can try revision 1827295, I could build it successfully with this
>> configuration:
>> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/ReadMe.txt
>>
>> Later revisions seem to be broken (on Windows) for the moment.
>
> Currently there many many changes on truck. I don't know about the
> status but Matthias is running builds frequently at the moment. So, IMHO
> he has the best overview.

My current plan is to leave the Windows 8.1 machine where I have been
doing most of my development set up for 32-bit builds on the 4.1 line in
case of security problems. Meanwhile, I am setting up a Windows 10
machine to do trunk builds in accordance with Matthias' advice.

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: Back to OpenOffice

Matthias Seidel
Am 25.03.2018 um 14:41 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:

>>> Welcome back, I hope you had a good time! ;-)
>>
>> welceome back. I hope you have enjoyed your travel and are back with
>> fresh energy. :-)
>
> Yes, I am feeling energized.

>>> You can try revision 1827295, I could build it successfully with this
>>> configuration:
>>> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/ReadMe.txt
>>>
>>> Later revisions seem to be broken (on Windows) for the moment.
>>
>> Currently there many many changes on truck. I don't know about the
>> status but Matthias is running builds frequently at the moment. So,
>> IMHO he has the best overview.
>
> My current plan is to leave the Windows 8.1 machine where I have been
> doing most of my development set up for 32-bit builds on the 4.1 line
> in case of security problems. Meanwhile, I am setting up a Windows 10
> machine to do trunk builds in accordance with Matthias' advice.
One thing that comes to my mind:
I am still on Windows 10 1703, because I had problems with 1709 (Fall
Creators Update).
Will try again...

Regards,
   Matthias

> ---
> http://www.avg.com

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Error CS1548 on Windows 10 1709 (was: Re: Back to OpenOffice)

Matthias Seidel

>> My current plan is to leave the Windows 8.1 machine where I have been
>> doing most of my development set up for 32-bit builds on the 4.1 line
>> in case of security problems. Meanwhile, I am setting up a Windows 10
>> machine to do trunk builds in accordance with Matthias' advice.
> One thing that comes to my mind:
> I am still on Windows 10 1703, because I had problems with 1709 (Fall
> Creators Update).
> Will try again...

OK, after hours of updating Windows 10 to from 1703 to 1709 I ran into
the same error like before when building AOO trunk:

---
error CS1548: Kryptografischer Fehler beim Signieren der Assembly
c:\Source\aoo\main\cli_ure\wntmsci12.pro\bin\cli_basetypes.dll --
Zugriff verweigert .
dmake:  Error code 1, while making
'../../wntmsci12.pro/bin/cli_basetypes.dll'

1 module(s):
        cli_ure
need(s) to be rebuilt
---

Maybe a developer has more insight why there is a "Cryptographic failure
while signing assembly" on 1709 but not on 1703:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t21abc4c(v=vs.120).aspx

Regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Back to OpenOffice

Patricia Shanahan

On 3/24/2018 6:10 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
> You can try revision 1827295, I could build it successfully with this
> configuration:
> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/ReadMe.txt
>
> Later revisions seem to be broken (on Windows) for the moment.

The step-by-step lists the Windows Driver Kit installation as
"Optional". If I don't install it, what should I use for WDK_HOME?

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: Back to OpenOffice

Damjan Jovanovic
As of 1827739, the main/jvmaccess problem seems fixed, so AOO32 should be
building on Windows64 again (without any special settings).

Welcome back Patricia :).

Damjan

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hi Patricia,
>
> Am 24.03.2018 um 13:54 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
> > I've finished traveling for a while, and am ready to get back to work
> > on OpenOffice 4.2
>
> Welcome back, I hope you had a good time! ;-)
>

> > Does it currently build on a Windows 64 system if I just check out the
> > latest trunk and follow the step-by-step instructions?
>
> You can try revision 1827295, I could build it successfully with this
> configuration:
> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/ReadMe.txt
>
> Later revisions seem to be broken (on Windows) for the moment.
>
> Regards,
>    Matthias
>

> > ---
> > http://www.avg.com

Re: Back to OpenOffice

Matthias Seidel
Am 26.03.2018 um 03:54 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:

> On 3/24/2018 6:10 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> You can try revision 1827295, I could build it successfully with this
>> configuration:
>> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/ReadMe.txt
>>
>> Later revisions seem to be broken (on Windows) for the moment.
>
> The step-by-step lists the Windows Driver Kit installation as
> "Optional". If I don't install it, what should I use for WDK_HOME?
If you don't install it, you don't need it. ;-)

Basically, I took the same setting like I used to build AOO release 4.1.5.
Some switches may be unnecessary now that Damjan updated oowintools.

Regards,
    Matthias

> ---
> http://www.avg.com

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Back to OpenOffice

Damjan Jovanovic
Confirming, the latest SVN trunk does build on Windows.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Am 26.03.2018 um 03:54 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
>

>> On 3/24/2018 6:10 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>>
>>> You can try revision 1827295, I could build it successfully with this
>>> configuration:
>>> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/ReadMe.txt
>>>
>>> Later revisions seem to be broken (on Windows) for the moment.
>>>

>> The step-by-step lists the Windows Driver Kit installation as "Optional".
>> If I don't install it, what should I use for WDK_HOME?
>>

> If you don't install it, you don't need it. ;-)
>
> Basically, I took the same setting like I used to build AOO release 4.1.5.
> Some switches may be unnecessary now that Damjan updated oowintools.
>
> Regards,
>    Matthias
>

>> ---
>> http://www.avg.com

Re: Back to OpenOffice

Matthias Seidel
I can now also confirm a successful build with revision 1827739 on
Windows 10 1703.

As always, find my latest builds here:

Am 26.03.2018 um 19:03 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:

> Confirming, the latest SVN trunk does build on Windows.
>
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]
>> wrote:

>>> The step-by-step lists the Windows Driver Kit installation as "Optional".
>>> If I don't install it, what should I use for WDK_HOME?
>>>
>> If you don't install it, you don't need it. ;-)
>>
>> Basically, I took the same setting like I used to build AOO release 4.1.5.
>> Some switches may be unnecessary now that Damjan updated oowintools.
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Matthias
>>

>>> ---
>>> http://www.avg.com

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Error CS1548 on Windows 10 1709

Matthias Seidel
One thing that comes to my mind:
I am still on Windows 10 1703, because I had problems with 1709 (Fall
Creators Update).
Will try again...
OK, after hours of updating Windows 10 to from 1703 to 1709 I ran into
the same error like before when building AOO trunk:

---
error CS1548: Kryptografischer Fehler beim Signieren der Assembly
c:\Source\aoo\main\cli_ure\wntmsci12.pro\bin\cli_basetypes.dll --
Zugriff verweigert .
dmake:  Error code 1, while making
'../../wntmsci12.pro/bin/cli_basetypes.dll'

1 module(s):
        cli_ure
need(s) to be rebuilt
---

I have found the solution...

We use a "strong name key" file (main/cli_ure/source/cliuno.snk).
After deleting the file and doing "svn update" to restore it, I could do a complete build again!

After nearly 30 years, Windows remains a mystery to me! ;-)

Regards,
   Matthias