Base error message

John Pojman
Using OO 4.1.7 on Win 10. I’ve created a table in Base and a corresponding form for data entry. I make data changes and additions and, on saving, get the error message: Value too long in statement. How do I clear the message?

John Pojman

Re: Base error message

Martin Groenescheij

> Op 26 jun. 2020 om 06:23 heeft John Pojman <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Using OO 4.1.7 on Win 10. I’ve created a table in Base and a corresponding form for data entry. I make data changes and additions and, on saving, get the error message: Value too long in statement. How do I clear the message?

Do you really want to clear the message? Probably it’s better to fix the underlying problem.
As you don’t tell anything about the structure of database and form we can only guess.
You could check the size of the field in the database, but probably the problem is in the form. In the General tab check your length of the field.

> John Pojman

Re: Base error message

Martin Groenescheij
Have you compared the sizes of the database Fields with the length in
your Form.

Please reply always to the mailing list [hidden email]

There are many more people that can give solutions/answers on the
mailing list