Base throwing error using HSQLDB Database Driver

Base throwing error using HSQLDB Database Driver

Monky
Hallo everyone,
I am trying to set up a HSQL database and connect OpenOffice Base to it.
Whenever I try connection OpenOffice tells me:

Unable to establish connection.

Fehler-Code: 1000
The driver class ' org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver ' could not be loaded. (I translated this)

Fehler-Code: -1
org/hsqldb/jdbcDriver

I have read everything I could find on the net about HSQLDB and OOBase but could not come up with a solution.
My system:
Windows 7 32bit
OpenOffice 3.1.1 OOO310m19 (Build:9420)
I tried the newset HSQLDB 1.9.0 and the older 1.8.0

Any hints appretiated!
Sebasitan

Re: Base throwing error using HSQLDB Database Driver

frank.schoenheit
Hello Sebastian,

> I am trying to set up a HSQL database and connect OpenOffice Base to it.
> Whenever I try connection OpenOffice tells me:
>
> Unable to establish connection.
>
> Fehler-Code: 1000
> The driver class ' org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver ' could not be loaded. (I translated this)

You need to add hsqldb.jar (found somewhere in your installation folder,
in program/classes, or another version of your choice) to OOo's JVM
classpath (Tools/Options/Java, Extras/Optionen/Java).

While this file is shipped with OOo, it is only automatically employed
when you use the internal HSQLDB, for external "pure-JDBC" connections
to an HSQLDB, you need to make it known to OOo.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [hidden email] -
- Sun Microsystems                      http://www.sun.com/staroffice -