Beanshell Scripting

Carl Marcum
Hi All,

Have Beanshell macros been intentionally disabled in trunk?

I don't see the option in Tools > Macros > Organize Macros.

Or maybe I need a configure flag for it?

Thanks,
Carl

Re: Beanshell Scripting

Peter Kovacs-3
At build there is a beanshell switch, which turns the feature on.

Am 13.07.20 um 12:27 schrieb Carl Marcum:

> Hi All,
>
> Have Beanshell macros been intentionally disabled in trunk?
>
> I don't see the option in Tools > Macros > Organize Macros.
>
> Or maybe I need a configure flag for it?
>
> Thanks,
> Carl

Re: Beanshell Scripting

Matthias Seidel

Hi Peter,

Am 13.07.20 um 12:37 schrieb Peter:
At build there is a beanshell switch, which turns the feature on.

"--enable-beanshell" activates it.

This wasn't necessary for 4.1.x but we should include it now in our 42X build scripts.

@Carl: This is for Groovy?

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 13.07.20 um 12:27 schrieb Carl Marcum:
Hi All,

Have Beanshell macros been intentionally disabled in trunk?

I don't see the option in Tools > Macros > Organize Macros.

Or maybe I need a configure flag for it?

Thanks,
Carl

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Beanshell Scripting

Carl Marcum
Hi Matthias,

On 7/13/20 10:16 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 13.07.20 um 12:37 schrieb Peter:
>> At build there is a beanshell switch, which turns the feature on.
>
> "--enable-beanshell" activates it.
>
> This wasn't necessary for 4.1.x but we should include it now in our
> 42X build scripts.
>
> @Carl: This is for Groovy?

No not for Groovy.  I just noticed Beanshell was missing from the Macro
language list when I was testing a Python update PR.

Currently my Groovy macro is a standalone extension.

We can discuss later after I announce it's information whether it could
be added to the office at some point or left as a soon-to-be-popular
extension ;)

Thanks for the config switch.

Best regards,
Carl

> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>

>> Am 13.07.20 um 12:27 schrieb Carl Marcum:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Have Beanshell macros been intentionally disabled in trunk?
>>>
>>> I don't see the option in Tools > Macros > Organize Macros.
>>>
>>> Or maybe I need a configure flag for it?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Carl

Re: Beanshell Scripting

Matthias Seidel
Hi Carl,

Am 13.07.20 um 22:07 schrieb Carl Marcum:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> On 7/13/20 10:16 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Am 13.07.20 um 12:37 schrieb Peter:
>>> At build there is a beanshell switch, which turns the feature on.
>>
>> "--enable-beanshell" activates it.
>>
>> This wasn't necessary for 4.1.x but we should include it now in our
>> 42X build scripts.
>>
>> @Carl: This is for Groovy?
>>

> No not for Groovy.  I just noticed Beanshell was missing from the
> Macro language list when I was testing a Python update PR.
Thanks for spotting this!

I have now added beanshell to our buildbots and to my private Windows
builds.

Regards,

   Matthias

> Currently my Groovy macro is a standalone extension.
>
> We can discuss later after I announce it's information whether it
> could be added to the office at some point or left as a
> soon-to-be-popular extension ;)
>
> Thanks for the config switch.
>
> Best regards,
> Carl
>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Question ad Groovy implementation (Re: Beanshell Scripting

Rony G. Flatscher-2
Hi Carl,

On 13.07.2020 22:07, Carl Marcum wrote:
... cut ...

> Currently my Groovy macro is a standalone extension.
>
> We can discuss later after I announce it's information whether it could be added to the office at
> some point or left as a soon-to-be-popular extension ;)

Could you briefly explain what your extension does (e.g. generically allowing the implementation of
UNO classes/components in Groovy)?

---rony

P.S.: AFAIK Groovy uses Apache BSF. If so it may be helpful to look at the ooRexx ScriptProvider
implementation (which uses Apache BSF and which is based on the BeanShell implementation of the
ScriptProvider) in case you have not yet implemented the ScriptProvider part for Groovy.

Re: Question ad Groovy implementation (Re: Beanshell Scripting

Carl Marcum-5
Hi Rony,

On 7/14/20 10:11 AM, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:

> Hi Carl,
>
> On 13.07.2020 22:07, Carl Marcum wrote:
> ... cut ...
>
>> Currently my Groovy macro is a standalone extension.
>>
>> We can discuss later after I announce it's information whether it could be added to the office at
>> some point or left as a soon-to-be-popular extension ;)
> Could you briefly explain what your extension does (e.g. generically allowing the implementation of
> UNO classes/components in Groovy)?
>
> ---rony
>
> P.S.: AFAIK Groovy uses Apache BSF. If so it may be helpful to look at the ooRexx ScriptProvider
> implementation (which uses Apache BSF and which is based on the BeanShell implementation of the
> ScriptProvider) in case you have not yet implemented the ScriptProvider part for Groovy.

I'm planning a more formal announcement as soon as I finish the Readme's
for a couple of these but...

There are a few inter-dependent projects.

The Groovy UNO Extension [1] extends the Java UNO API's with convenience
methods for Groovy Extensions and Client apps.
It's documentation is here [2].
It uses Groovy's Extension mechanism to extend the UNO API's.

The OpenOffice-Groovy [3] is the OpenOffice extension to add Groovy to
the scripting framework. It is heavily influenced by the built-in Beanshell.
I'm using Groovy's GroovyShell to evaluate the script [4].
It includes the Groovy UNO Extension.
You can get it on Bintray here [5].

The third project is OpenOffice-Groovy-Macros [6] an extension to add a
lot of the sample macros included in AOO rewritten in Groovy.
Probably more useful copy-paste from github since you can't edit these
from the extension like you can with the built-in macros.
You can get it on Bintray here [7].

I plan to add them to the Extension site after I get some more testing done.

I'm also working on an Extension project generator similar to the
NetBeans plugin but IDE independent.
Not ready to show that one yet.

I have copies of the 4.1.6 UNO jars for use by Maven, Gradle and Groovy
scripts in Bintray [8].

Best regards,
Carl

[1] https://github.com/cbmarcum/guno-extension
[2] https://cbmarcum.github.io/guno-extension/
[3] https://github.com/cbmarcum/openoffice-groovy
[4] http://www.groovy-lang.org/integrating.html#integ-groovyshell
[5]
https://bintray.com/cmarcum/openoffice-extensions/openoffice-groovy#files
[6] https://github.com/cbmarcum/openoffice-groovy-macros
[7]
https://bintray.com/cmarcum/openoffice-extensions/openoffice-groovy-macros#files
[8] https://bintray.com/cmarcum/maven

On 15.07.2020 01:49, Carl Marcum wrote:
> Hi Rony,
>
> On 7/14/20 10:11 AM, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
>> Hi Carl,

... cut ...

> I'm planning a more formal announcement as soon as I finish the Readme's for a couple of these but...
>
> There are a few inter-dependent projects.
>
> The Groovy UNO Extension [1] extends the Java UNO API's with convenience methods for Groovy
> Extensions and Client apps.
> It's documentation is here [2].
> It uses Groovy's Extension mechanism to extend the UNO API's.
>
> The OpenOffice-Groovy [3] is the OpenOffice extension to add Groovy to the scripting framework. It
> is heavily influenced by the built-in Beanshell.
> I'm using Groovy's GroovyShell to evaluate the script [4].
> It includes the Groovy UNO Extension.
> You can get it on Bintray here [5].
>
> The third project is OpenOffice-Groovy-Macros [6] an extension to add a lot of the sample macros
> included in AOO rewritten in Groovy.
> Probably more useful copy-paste from github since you can't edit these from the extension like you
> can with the built-in macros.
> You can get it on Bintray here [7].
>
> I plan to add them to the Extension site after I get some more testing done.
>
> I'm also working on an Extension project generator similar to the NetBeans plugin but IDE
> independent.
> Not ready to show that one yet.
>
> I have copies of the 4.1.6 UNO jars for use by Maven, Gradle and Groovy scripts in Bintray [8].

Thank you *very* much for your explanations and pointers! I can now understand/relate better what
you are up to, very interesting!

Best regards

---rony