Bibliographic Wiki MLA

Sören Fröhlich
Dear Team,

First of all, thank you so very much for working to make OOWriter a
truly professional word editor! So far my workaround is to write my
paper, including endnotes, and to then re-number in the header each page
of the bibliography and endnotes, print them out one by one, to get my
final paper. Quite frustrating.
    I'm writing you to call your attention to the changes in the MLA
format, which affects especially your wiki
(http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Bibliographic/Styles). Much
dreaded, the MLA has put out a new style handbook update (Published: May
2008, ISBN: 9780873522977 (hardcover), ISBN: 9780873522984 (large-print)
http://www.amazon.com/Style-Manual-Guide-Scholarly-Publishing/dp/0873522974/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top).
I just wanted to call your attention to this, because it certainly
renders the non-MLA source you give incorrect. Although I fully agree
with critical reviews of the new format, I would hate to see you run
into problems because of it.

Sincerely,
Sören Fröhlich.
UCSD Department of Literature.

Re: Bibliographic Wiki MLA

Bruce D'Arcus
On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Sören Fröhlich
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Team,
>
> First of all, thank you so very much for working to make OOWriter a truly
> professional word editor! So far my workaround is to write my paper,
> including endnotes, and to then re-number in the header each page of the
> bibliography and endnotes, print them out one by one, to get my final paper.
> Quite frustrating.
>   I'm writing you to call your attention to the changes in the MLA format,
> which affects especially your wiki
> (http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Bibliographic/Styles). Much
> dreaded, the MLA has put out a new style handbook update (Published: May
> 2008, ISBN: 9780873522977 (hardcover), ISBN: 9780873522984 (large-print)
> http://www.amazon.com/Style-Manual-Guide-Scholarly-Publishing/dp/0873522974/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top).
> I just wanted to call your attention to this, because it certainly renders
> the non-MLA source you give incorrect. Although I fully agree with critical
> reviews of the new format, I would hate to see you run into problems because
> of it.

Thanks.

My focus these days is on CSL for these details, and on helping
applications like Zotero integrate with OOo. So it's just a question
of someone, probably in the zotero community, creating a new version
of the style.

Bruce