Bibliography project

Yann Tremblay

Hi All,

thank you for your hard work, I'm not a programmer unfortunately, but I
wish I could help you...
I'm waiting the bibliographic project with impatience. Being in the
academia, writing papers and managing pdf databases is of primary
important for me.
I'm totally sold to the OpenOffice project, but, unfortunately, I still
have Word and Endnote on my computer because I NEED the linked
functionality between the 2.

That sais, I discovered the Apple program called Paper. I was wondering
if it is planned to have some of the functionalities of "Paper" in the
future bibliographic tool of OpenOffice. Specifically, will it be
possible to automatically extract infor from the pdf directly into the
database, to establish automatic links between the 2, and VERY
IMPORTANTLY to be able to search multiple PDF content (as oppose to only
the keywords or title in the database) ?

If not, I think this would be a good idea to add this functionality,
because Windows has no equivalent and I would prefer an open project to
propose it first...

Just a thought...

Thanks again,
Yann Tremblay

Re: Bibliography project

David Wilson-7
Yann,

       Have you looked at Zotero which has good interaction with
Openoffice and supports PDF content searching.

David Wilson