Building AOO on Windows 10 with "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows"

Building AOO on Windows 10 with "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows"

Matthias Seidel
Hi at all!

Has anyone tried to build AOO with "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows" instead
of cygwin?
It is a full Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS command line interface running as
subsystem on Windows 10.

I am doing a SVN checkout at the moment, so far it works...

Kind regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Building AOO on Windows 10 with "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows"

Raphael Bircher-3
Hi Matthias

Am .06.2017, 13:20 Uhr, schrieb Matthias Seidel
<[hidden email]>:

> Hi at all!
>
> Has anyone tried to build AOO with "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows" instead
> of cygwin?
> It is a full Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS command line interface running as
> subsystem on Windows 10.
>
> I am doing a SVN checkout at the moment, so far it works...

I'm installing it now. I have to be honest. The one thing I really missed
since my switch to windows was the bash. It would be nice, if it's also
possible to build windows without cygwin

Regards Raphael

Am 21.06.2017 um 14:12 schrieb Raphael Bircher:

> Hi Matthias
>
> Am .06.2017, 13:20 Uhr, schrieb Matthias Seidel
> <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi at all!
>>
>> Has anyone tried to build AOO with "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows" instead
>> of cygwin?
>> It is a full Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS command line interface running as
>> subsystem on Windows 10.
>>
>> I am doing a SVN checkout at the moment, so far it works...
>
> I'm installing it now. I have to be honest. The one thing I really
> missed since my switch to windows was the bash. It would be nice, if
> it's also possible to build windows without cygwin
>
> Regards Raphael

Hi Raphael,

Great! Let's share our experience... ;-)

Meanwhile, you can test my first Windows builds:
https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/

Kind regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Building AOO on Windows 10 with "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows"

FR web forum

>Meanwhile, you can test my first Windows builds:
>https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/
Thanks Matthias

Could you explain to me difference between "test" and "experimental"?

Re: Building AOO on Windows 10 with "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows"

Matthias Seidel
I think I did? ;-)

https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-414-Test/ReadMe.txt
https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-414-Experimental/ReadMe.txt