Building Guides

Dave Fisher
Hi -

From the download page there is a link to Building Guides:

I don’t think that this leads to the most up to date information. Where is the most up to date information?

Regards,
Dave

Re: Building Guides

Keith N. McKenna
On 10/19/2017 2:12 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> Hi -
>
> From the download page there is a link to Building Guides:
>
> This goes
> to https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
>
> I don’t think that this leads to the most up to date information. Where
> is the most up to date information?
>
> Regards,
> Dave
Dave;

At the bottom of that page there is a link to the step by step guides at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

Regards
Keith

Re: Building Guides

Dave Fisher
Hi Keith,

I believe that these guides are old and particularly that the Mac Guide is in the Confluence Wiki. I would like Matthias and Jim to indicate where their build instructions are located. Once we have that then we can update.

Regards,
Dave

> On Oct 19, 2017, at 11:37 AM, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 10/19/2017 2:12 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> Hi -
>>
>> From the download page there is a link to Building Guides:
>>
>> This goes
>> to https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
>>
>> I don’t think that this leads to the most up to date information. Where
>> is the most up to date information?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
> Dave;
>
> At the bottom of that page there is a link to the step by step guides at
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
>
> Regards
> Keith

Re: Building Guides

Matthias Seidel
Am 19.10.2017 um 20:49 schrieb Dave Fisher:
> Hi Keith,
>
> I believe that these guides are old and particularly that the Mac Guide is in the Confluence Wiki. I would like Matthias and Jim to indicate where their build instructions are located. Once we have that then we can update.

I can't speak for Mac/Linux, but I could do my Windows builds following
the Wiki pages.
Only missing is a section for building the Language Packs and the SDK. I
didn't have the time to add it, yet.

Build scripts are here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.1.4/

(Although I don't provide a script for Windows, but I documented as much
as I could)

Matthias

> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Oct 19, 2017, at 11:37 AM, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/19/2017 2:12 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> From the download page there is a link to Building Guides:
>>>
>>> This goes
>>> to https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
>>>
>>> I don’t think that this leads to the most up to date information. Where
>>> is the most up to date information?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>> Dave;
>>
>> At the bottom of that page there is a link to the step by step guides at
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Building Guides

Jim Jagielski
I am the one who edited the Mac guide. The actual scripts are in the devtools repo.

> On Oct 19, 2017, at 2:49 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Keith,
>
> I believe that these guides are old and particularly that the Mac Guide is in the Confluence Wiki. I would like Matthias and Jim to indicate where their build instructions are located. Once we have that then we can update.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Oct 19, 2017, at 11:37 AM, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/19/2017 2:12 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> From the download page there is a link to Building Guides:
>>>
>>> This goes
>>> to https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
>>>
>>> I don’t think that this leads to the most up to date information. Where
>>> is the most up to date information?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>> Dave;
>>
>> At the bottom of that page there is a link to the step by step guides at
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith

Re: Building Guides

Keith N. McKenna
On 10/19/2017 2:49 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> Hi Keith,
>
> I believe that these guides are old and particularly that the Mac Guide is in the Confluence Wiki. I would like Matthias and Jim to indicate where their build instructions are located. Once we have that then we can update.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Oct 19, 2017, at 11:37 AM, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/19/2017 2:12 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> From the download page there is a link to Building Guides:
>>>
>>> This goes
>>> to https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
>>>
>>> I don’t think that this leads to the most up to date information. Where
>>> is the most up to date information?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>> Dave;
>>
>> At the bottom of that page there is a link to the step by step guides at
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith

Dave;

To the best of my knowledge the step by step link that I gave you is the
latest revisions. Though as I do not build I could easily be wrong. As
memory serves me at least the Windows step by step is the one frequently
given to new Windows contributors.

Regards
Keith

Re: Building Guides

Jim Jagielski
Plus, I used the CentOS step-by-step as well...

> On Oct 19, 2017, at 3:04 PM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am the one who edited the Mac guide. The actual scripts are in the devtools repo.
>
>> On Oct 19, 2017, at 2:49 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Keith,
>>
>> I believe that these guides are old and particularly that the Mac Guide is in the Confluence Wiki. I would like Matthias and Jim to indicate where their build instructions are located. Once we have that then we can update.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave

>>> Dave;
>>>
>>> At the bottom of that page there is a link to the step by step guides at
>>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Keith

Re: Building Guides

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 19/10/2017 Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
> To the best of my knowledge the step by step link that I gave you is the
> latest revisions.

This is correct. The Building Giude and its specialized versions are
actively maintained on the wiki (MWiki). Tools are in the devtools area
of our SVN repository. There are no build instructions on the CWiki and
there shouldn't be a copy there.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Building Guides

Gavin McDonald

> On 20 Oct 2017, at 9:40 am, Andrea Pescetti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> <snip>

> There are no build instructions on the CWiki and there shouldn't be a copy there.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds>

Gav…

Re: Building Guides

Andrea Pescetti-2
Gavin McDonald wrote:
>> On 20 Oct 2017, at 9:40 am, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> There are no build instructions on the CWiki and there shouldn't be a copy there.
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds

Bad. I haven't removed that section of the page since I see it was
updated just a few months ago, but the scripts in devtools should be the
only maintained resource and instructions on that page should just point
there.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Building Guides

Jim Jagielski

> On Oct 20, 2017, at 3:27 AM, Andrea Pescetti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Gavin McDonald wrote:
>>> On 20 Oct 2017, at 9:40 am, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> There are no build instructions on the CWiki and there shouldn't be a copy there.
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>
> Bad. I haven't removed that section of the page since I see it was updated just a few months ago, but the scripts in devtools should be the only maintained resource and instructions on that page should just point there.

+1