Building gides

Maram Abbas
Hi
I was trying to build in windows 7
I followed the instructions step by step
Then I got stuck at the configuration
It says No such file or directory
I can't figure what I miss

Re: Building gides

Peter Kovacs-4
Hi ,

A step I often forget is the use of autoconf

  * Make sure that you are in the main source directory:

    cd $SourceMain

  * Run autoconf to create the configure script:

    autoconf

Call configure

But it is difficult to help because you do not write which file is
missing or which command you typed.

We could help better if you always add these kind of information. ;)

HTH

Peter

Am 17.02.20 um 07:33 schrieb Maram Abbas:
> Hi
> I was trying to build in windows 7
> I followed the instructions step by step
> Then I got stuck at the configuration
> It says No such file or directory
> I can't figure what I miss

Re: Building gides

Yury
Might be the build complains about unowinreg.dll?

--
Sent from: http://openoffice.2283327.n4.nabble.com/Development-f2916443.html

Re: Building gides

Maram Abbas
Yes I did all that
Then at the ./configure commas

moram@moram-PC ~/cygdrve/c/source/aoo/main
$ ./configure\
> --with-dmake-url="
https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2"
-bash: ./configure--with-dmake-url=
https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2:
No such file or directory

بتاريخ ١٧‏/٠٢‏/٢٠٢٠ ١٢:٣٩ م، كتب "Peter Kovacs" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi ,
>

> A step I often forget is the use of autoconf
>

>  * Make sure that you are in the main source directory:
>
>    cd $SourceMain
>
>  * Run autoconf to create the configure script:
>
>    autoconf
>
> Call configure
>

> But it is difficult to help because you do not write which file is missing
> or which command you typed.
>
> We could help better if you always add these kind of information. ;)
>

> HTH
>
> Peter
>
> Am 17.02.20 um 07:33 schrieb Maram Abbas:
>
>> Hi
>> I was trying to build in windows 7
>> I followed the instructions step by step
>> Then I got stuck at the configuration
>> It says No such file or directory
>> I can't figure what I miss

Re: Building gides

Matthias Seidel
So the complete line is:

--with-dmake-url="https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2"
\

?

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 18.02.20 um 10:56 schrieb Maram Abbas:

> Yes I did all that
> Then at the ./configure commas
>
> moram@moram-PC ~/cygdrve/c/source/aoo/main
> $ ./configure\
>> --with-dmake-url="
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2"
> -bash: ./configure--with-dmake-url=
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2:
> No such file or directory
>
> It says no such file or directory
> بتاريخ ١٧‏/٠٢‏/٢٠٢٠ ١٢:٣٩ م، كتب "Peter Kovacs" <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi ,
>>

>> A step I often forget is the use of autoconf
>>

>>  * Make sure that you are in the main source directory:
>>
>>    cd $SourceMain
>>
>>  * Run autoconf to create the configure script:
>>
>>    autoconf
>>
>> Call configure
>>

>> But it is difficult to help because you do not write which file is missing
>> or which command you typed.
>>
>> We could help better if you always add these kind of information. ;)
>>

>> HTH
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> Am 17.02.20 um 07:33 schrieb Maram Abbas:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> I was trying to build in windows 7
>>> I followed the instructions step by step
>>> Then I got stuck at the configuration
>>> It says No such file or directory
>>> I can't figure what I miss

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Building gides

Matthias Seidel
> So the complete line is:
>
> --with-dmake-url="https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2"
> \

I hate it when lines are wrapped... ;-)

Note the closing "\" at the end.

Regards,

   Matthias

> ?
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
> Am 18.02.20 um 10:56 schrieb Maram Abbas:
>> Yes I did all that
>> Then at the ./configure commas
>>
>> moram@moram-PC ~/cygdrve/c/source/aoo/main
>> $ ./configure\
>>> --with-dmake-url="
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2"
>> -bash: ./configure--with-dmake-url=
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2:
>> No such file or directory
>>
>> It says no such file or directory
>> بتاريخ ١٧‏/٠٢‏/٢٠٢٠ ١٢:٣٩ م، كتب "Peter Kovacs" <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Hi ,
>>>

>>> A step I often forget is the use of autoconf
>>>

>>>  * Make sure that you are in the main source directory:
>>>
>>>    cd $SourceMain
>>>
>>>  * Run autoconf to create the configure script:
>>>
>>>    autoconf
>>>
>>> Call configure
>>>

>>> But it is difficult to help because you do not write which file is missing
>>> or which command you typed.
>>>
>>> We could help better if you always add these kind of information. ;)
>>>

>>> HTH
>>>
>>> Peter

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Building gides

Andrea Pescetti-2
Maram Abbas wrote:
> moram@moram-PC ~/cygdrve/c/source/aoo/main
> $ ./configure\
>> --with-dmake-url="
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2"
> -bash: ./configure--with-dmake-url=
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2:
> No such file or directory

E-mail is a horrible medium for this, but it looks like you are missing
a space near the end of the first line. You can see it from the error
message, where it doesn't look for a script named "configure" but
"configure--with[...]".

# Good:

$ ./configure
--with-dmake-url="https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2"

# Equally good, note space at the end of the first line:

$ ./configure \

--with-dmake-url="https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2"

# Not good, note missing space at the end of first line:

$ ./configure\

--with-dmake-url="https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2"

See https://pastebin.com/7DRKKBqv for a more readable version of the
above in case the mailing list destroys formatting.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Building gides

Andrea Pescetti-2
Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> E-mail is a horrible medium for this, but it looks like you are missing
> a space near the end of the first line. You can see it from the error
> message, where it doesn't look for a script named "configure" but
> "configure--with[...]".

Just to close the discussion: the OP reported privately that adding the
space indeed fixed the error.

Regards,
   Andrea.